59 replies to this topic

#41 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

I just got a call back saying the reason I got the error message is because I didn't use a college email address. What the hell.

Do you know anybody in college that can help you out?
Posted Image

#42 justintime2989

justintime2989

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

Hmmm weird since I didn't get that and I also didn't use my college email even though I have one

#43 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

Hmmm weird since I didn't get that and I also didn't use my college email even though I have one

Yeah I'm sure that's not the problem since others have bought the tickets with a regular email address and I get that same error message every time I order tickets from the website regardless of what the promotion is. They are just denying me.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#44 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,983 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

true, but unfortunately it's filled with ranger and flyer fans.

In other words, self-loathing jerk-offs who like to pretend they're from NY or Philly instead of embracing their true roots.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#45 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

In other words, self-loathing jerk-offs who like to pretend they're from NY or Philly instead of embracing their true roots.

Not really fair. I'd venture a guess that most Ranger or Flyer fans from New Jersey were either fans before the Devils came here, or had parents who were Rangers/Flyers fans. If New Jersey got an expansion baseball team, I'd still be a Yankee fan.

Also, most Flyer fans from Jersey are from Southern Jersey and live much closer to Philly than the Meadowlands or Newark. I would bet for a long period of time, people in Southern Jersey couldn't even watch Devils games on TV. I know that was the case with baseball, until YES came along.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#46 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

Not really fair. I'd venture a guess that most Ranger or Flyer fans from New Jersey were either fans before the Devils came here, or had parents who were Rangers/Flyers fans. If New Jersey got an expansion baseball team, I'd still be a Yankee fan.

This. I'm a Knicks fan because of my dad. If he was a serious hockey fan, I might be a Rags fan (though I really hated them in 94). Family has a huge effect on sports fans, and aside from playing in a market that has loyalty to 2 other cities, the Devils are still the new kids on the block. The next generation hopefully pushes us over, but it's unreasonable to assume that people who root Rags or Flyers have no state pride.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#47 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

I was actually a Ranger fan until I was 10 ish years old. My family had me watching hockey games when I was a baby and toddler even.. but the only games we got at the house were Ranger games because you had to pay for Sportschannel at the time. My cousin got a hold of me, gave me a Devils jersey and said "we have no Ranger fans in this family, you'll be wearing this." Then he convinced my parents to get Sportschannel and that's how it started.

#48 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,983 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

Also, most Flyer fans from Jersey are from Southern Jersey and live much closer to Philly than the Meadowlands or Newark. I would bet for a long period of time, people in Southern Jersey couldn't even watch Devils games on TV. I know that was the case with baseball, until YES came along.

I know it's not really fair, but I don't care. I hate those bastards. :P

#49 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,983 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

The governor of New Jersey and his kids are Ranger fans. Do you have any idea how much that annoys me? Lol, I'm sure Christie's dad was a Rag fan or something, but the fact that our leader roots for the enemy bugs me.

#50 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

The governor of New Jersey and his kids are Ranger fans. Do you have any idea how much that annoys me? Lol, I'm sure Christie's dad was a Rag fan or something, but the fact that our leader roots for the enemy bugs me.

Absolutely. The worst part about it is, if this team makes a run, he will be sitting in a box with JVB like he's the biggest Devils fan in the world.
Posted Image

#51 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Absolutely. The worst part about it is, if this team makes a run, he will be sitting in a box with JVB like he's the biggest Devils fan in the world.

Nothing was worse than Guilliani transforming himself into a Red Sox fan.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#52 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

Correct. I live in Mount Laurel, which is only 20 minutes from the Wells Fargo Center. My bro is a Flyers fan, all my friends are Flyers fans (you get the picture). Yet, I convinced my mom, sister and several cousins to come to the good side and cheer for NJ. I dont know what it would take to get MSG to South Jersey, but it would be a huge help for growing the fanbase. I dont get MSG, only Comcast Sportsnet,and I didnt even have Center Ice until the 2003-2004 season. I've been a fan since 98, but I couldnt watch my home state team until I was 12 and even that was through a national sports package. Whenever I see the "Jersey's Team" slogan, I always have a good laugh. Half the state hates us and half the state is not able to watch locally

Edited by SMantzas, 17 April 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#53 gogonjdevil

gogonjdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

Man...I can't go to anything this week...but if Game 6 is a reality, I hope they have these discounts still. $27 I can swing...$82.50 is a bit steep right now.

believe-mb30.jpg
gallery_47_36_882.png of ALL Devil's Fans' Hatred and Animosity toward Bettman!
I HOPE YOU GET A DISFIGURING DISEASE AND HAVE TO GO THROUGH LIFE LOOKING LIKE A TROLL, BETTMAN. Oh...TOO LATE!!

#54 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

+10000

#55 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

for me all these kids were devil fans growing up until they hit HS and they became the bitchiest Ranger fans for some reason. I don't get it. Maybe being a Ranger fan looks coolers than being a Devil fan.

I swear on FB one kids status was like "stop talking about the devils, they weren't even in the playoffs last year." yeah, guess you don't know where they were 20 years before that too hahaha

#56 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

Bottom line is that anything with New York in the title is flat out more glamourous than anything with New Jersey on it.

But really who cares what other people think, just enjoy and support the Devils.

#57 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

Yup...just like when the Giants had their Superbowl celebration at new stadium....Chris Christie was there even though he's a big Jet fan.

#58 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

And you know who'll be sitting next to him on the float going down Broad Street if this team wins the Cup ...

Posted Image

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 17 April 2012 - 02:32 PM.

Posted Image

#59 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

Booker already said ...NO parade if the Devils win the (you know what)

#60 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Booker already said ...NO parade if the Devils win the (you know what)

Yeah well he can go fvck himself because I will personally plan a celebration in Championship Plaza.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users