439 replies to this topic

#421 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

Wow no one wants to criticize Kovalchuk? He has been playing these playoffs with no heart . Kovalchuk needs to step up and elevate his game during the playoffs... He has never won more than 1 playoff game in a series and I see why. Kovalchuk is supposed to be our best player and leader and he isnt doing that.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#422 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Still down about the team after the game last night. Going to be a tough to shake off. Highly doubt the crowd brings the same energy after being sh!t on yesterday.

One of the positives I remember was Zidlicky, he has proven to be a 'playoff' type defensemen. Calm with the puck, moves it well. Gionta is practically auditioning for a fourth line role next year and so far is passing with flying colors.

On the other hand, under any circumstances, Sykora should not be back next year. I don't care about scoring 20 in the regular season and the value of his contract, he cannot keep up in the playoffs. Part of the reason we got Volch was to be a playoff warrior and I hope to God he's banged up pretty bad cause his play has been pathetic.

What the hell ever happened to Henrique? Where's his speed we saw in the regular season? Didn't he have great playoff runs with Windsor?

Kovalchuk was gripping the stick too tight last night, he was handling the puck like a hand grenade and I wasn't pleased with his shot selection.

Poni/Zubrus/Clarkson/Bernier all get annoying as they cycle the puck well but never accumulates to anything.

#423 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

Wow no one wants to criticize Kovalchuk? He has been playing these playoffs with no heart . Kovalchuk needs to step up and elevate his game during the playoffs... He has never won more than 1 playoff game in a series and I see why. Kovalchuk is supposed to be our best player and leader and he isnt doing that.

Kovalchuk is playing with too much heart and nerves, if anything. Dude needs to sit back and relax. Look at his passing all over the place. Poor shot selection. He needs to stop worrying about elavating his game and do what he normally does.

#424 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Anyone else notice the CAA goal horn??

#425 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

i've calmed down a little after last nights game. i was furious, as most of us were. there's a giant hole in my wall, cause i put my computer chair through it at the end of the game. oops.. anyway, i've calmed down, had some time to reflect, and i dont want to spend anymore time worrying about the next game. i just want them to win. tie the series, regain some confidence going back to Florida, and win this series 4-2. if last night wasn't a wake up call for the team, then there isn't one. im trying to remain optimistic about game 4. maybe last night needed to happen, and they'll come out guns fvcking blazing tomorrow night, for more then 10 minutes in the first period. that's all we need, one solid, dominant game to build off of. please just get it done. sorry for rambling.. i needed to get all that out.. LGD!
LET'S GO DEVILS

#426 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,033 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Anyone else notice the CAA goal horn??

I did and loved it.

#427 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,119 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

i've calmed down a little after last nights game. i was furious, as most of us were. there's a giant hole in my wall, cause i put my computer chair through it at the end of the game.

This is the only reason I'm glad I was at the game cause I would have done something similar if I was at home watching this game.

#428 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

its so painful because we CAN win this series. game 1 & 3 we scored 3 goals before the panthers knew it. after that, some bad calls and warranted calls have gotten us in trouble and we stopped playing. good job to the panthers for rallying but we are the better team.

game 4 is a must win.

yesterday is yesterday, we lost. panthers have 2 we have 1.

tomorrow, lets go devils, just win, i dont care how.

#429 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

This is the only reason I'm glad I was at the game cause I would have done something similar if I was at home watching this game.

yeah, dumb idea on my part, lol. time to bust out the spacle i guess.
LET'S GO DEVILS

#430 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,033 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

its so painful because we CAN win this series. game 1 & 3 we scored 3 goals before the panthers knew it. after that, some bad calls and warranted calls have gotten us in trouble and we stopped playing. good job to the panthers for rallying but we are the better team.

game 4 is a must win.

yesterday is yesterday, we lost. panthers have 2 we have 1.

tomorrow, lets go devils, just win, i dont care how.

That's probably the best frame of mind to be in now. I will be at the Rock and I will be just as pumped as I was when the puck dropped yesterday and will hopefully see them pull out a win and even the series.

#431 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,830 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

That's probably the best frame of mind to be in now. I will be at the Rock and I will be just as pumped as I was when the puck dropped yesterday and will hopefully see them pull out a win and even the series.

This.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#432 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

i've calmed down a little after last nights game. i was furious, as most of us were. there's a giant hole in my wall, cause i put my computer chair through it at the end of the game. oops.. anyway, i've calmed down, had some time to reflect, and i dont want to spend anymore time worrying about the next game. i just want them to win. tie the series, regain some confidence going back to Florida, and win this series 4-2. if last night wasn't a wake up call for the team, then there isn't one. im trying to remain optimistic about game 4. maybe last night needed to happen, and they'll come out guns fvcking blazing tomorrow night, for more then 10 minutes in the first period. that's all we need, one solid, dominant game to build off of. please just get it done. sorry for rambling.. i needed to get all that out.. LGD!

I'm hopeful of that as well. Certainly, the team didn't get outplayed. They outplayed themselves last night.

However, what worries me is that now you have a little margin for error to correct the ship. You're down 2-1, and literally have to win 3 out of 4. No margin for error.

I've seen it all too often that the "must win" game, in this case the Devils, will play awesome, just hit posts and run into an unbelievable goalie, only to lose in OT or in the last minute (much like we did against Carolina in game 7).

It doesn't matter. We can't beat Philly or Nashville, so it really makes no difference anyway, but it would have been nice to see us win at least two rounds.

#433 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,119 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

Just saw this stat, we blocked 6 shots in yesterdays game. That's it.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 18 April 2012 - 03:00 PM.

#434 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

Kovalchuk is playing with too much heart and nerves, if anything. Dude needs to sit back and relax. Look at his passing all over the place. Poor shot selection. He needs to stop worrying about elavating his game and do what he normally does.

*Too much heart*? Wouldn't want to see what happens if he played with too little. He coasted back on an icing late in the game. Not that I think he's the disease, he just compliments it well.

#435 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

Kovalchuk is playing fine...

He need to be better yes... But he have heart for sure...

Generally the team isnt playing good everybody is to blame... Kovalchuk parise and Marty are in the mix

#436 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,830 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

Just saw this stat, we blocked 6 shots in yesterdays game. That's it.

Well, that was more than Theodore, so that's good I guess. :yea:
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#437 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,406 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

*Too much heart*? Wouldn't want to see what happens if he played with too little. He coasted back on an icing late in the game. Not that I think he's the disease, he just compliments it well.

I agree that people haven't ripped Kovy enough, and for whatever reason he seems to have lost his passion in recent weeks (I thought it was due to the last few games being meaningless, but it has carried over into the playoffs). That said, he's here for 13 more years so it's kinda counterproductive to say get him out of town. Zach and Marty might only be here two more games so they're easier targets at the moment.

I only signed in to say I'm lmfao at this. This made my day.

Some of the Zach memes posted on HF are simply brilliant, including the one MadDog posted :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#438 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

mad dogs posts got me through this shocker

i just deleted a rant on zach, we cant win with him imo.

nobody wants to captain this team lol
Posted Image

#439 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,291 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

mad dogs posts got me through this shocker

i just deleted a rant on zach, we cant win with him imo.

nobody wants to captain this team lol

Hey, glad I could help lol. If I didn't have this board and everyone on it to vent with after games like that, I'd probably be in an insane asylum by now. :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#440 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users