267 replies to this topic

#181 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

“There are always going to be critics,” Parise said. “We have all the confidence in the world in him. After last game I’m sure there was going to be people saying whatever they want to say. We don’t care. He doesn’t care. I’ve seen it the last seven years and he’s always responded.” (source)
Posted Image

#182 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

And now all you doubters can shut the fvck UP..... We know you you are, and we know what you're true colors are. You're an embarrassment to real hockey fans everywhere.

#183 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,304 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

Any chance we can get these 3 marty threads merged? Its basically all the same thread lol

#184 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

and let's be honest, we would've won regardless of who was in net considering we put up 4 goals

Umm... You're sure? Watch Game 3 again and tell me any kind of lead makes you watch the rest of the game without nerves.

What a great bounce back game from Marty! He has proven it in the past and he does it once again: he tends to rebound immediately after bad games and that's one of the qualities that made him a legendary goalie.

I know there's still a lot of hockey left to play and Brodeur has much work ahead of him as well, but let's just celebrate right now. That win was HUGE for us last night. We'll worry about Game 5 on Saturday.

#185 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,645 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

If I could wipe my ass with this thread, I would.. Reactionary threads are beyond ridiculous and, like with Manta, usually end in backtracking by a lot of folks

Oh well, we're all fans here!!! Go Devils!!

To be fair, people are overreacting to this shutout the same way they did to Marty's bad game. 2-2 series here folks, we still need to prove we can beat our issues and win 2 more games. We have the momentum now but let's not start beating ourselves again in 2 days.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#186 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

Brodeur downplayed getting the shutout record, crediting his teammates with helping him get to yet another NHL milestone.

“I’ve played a lot of games and you hope when you win games, especially in the playoffs, they’re tight games, so sometimes you need to have shutouts to win some of these games,” he said. “I’ve been fortunate to play on great teams to be able to sacrifice themselves to do shutouts and commit themselves to playing well defensively and I’m a product of that.”

Just thought i would throw this in here.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#187 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,901 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

Umm... You're sure? Watch Game 3 again and tell me any kind of lead makes you watch the rest of the game without nerves.

What a great bounce back game from Marty! He has proven it in the past and he does it once again: he tends to rebound immediately after bad games and that's one of the qualities that made him a legendary goalie.

I know there's still a lot of hockey left to play and Brodeur has much work ahead of him as well, but let's just celebrate right now. That win was HUGE for us last night. We'll worry about Game 5 on Saturday.

Yeah, Game 4 wasn't exactly a rocking chair game for Marty the way Game 3 was for Clemmensen, Marty had to make several big saves, a couple when Volch left him hanging again :rolleyes:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#188 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

If I can't post over-reactive inflammatory things on the internet then well...good day sir!
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#189 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

To be fair, people are overreacting to this shutout the same way they did to Marty's bad game. 2-2 series here folks, we still need to prove we can beat our issues and win 2 more games. We have the momentum now but let's not start beating ourselves again in 2 days.

The only reason people are overreacting to the shutout is because of the MASSIVE overreaction to the game 3 loss. It's a proportional response.

Edited by David Puddy, 20 April 2012 - 10:16 AM.

Posted Image

#190 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,086 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

We do have to cue Brodeur haters saying that Hedberg would've not only pitched a shutout but he would've gotten one... well, i guess, he'd have to get two assists.

(I'm a Marty skeptic but not a hater - Need another performance from the D and goalie next game)

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#191 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

as much as i love moose, he can't get assists like brodeur. everytime he puck handles, he scares the sh!t out of me. brodeur is the best in puck handling and still one of the best playoff goalies.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#192 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

And now all you doubters can shut the fvck UP..... We know you you are, and we know what you're true colors are. You're an embarrassment to real hockey fans everywhere.

Doubting is embarrassing? Not voicing out your opinion is embarrassing. Whether others agree or not, it's each person's opinion.

You shut up :whistling:

Edited by cubanjd305, 20 April 2012 - 10:44 AM.

believe-3devils.jpg

#193 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

Doubting is embarrassing? Not voicing out your opinion is embarrassing. Whether others agree or not, it's each person's opinion.

You shut up :whistling:

C'mon, man, the very TITLE of this thread should enrage you as a Devils fan: "Hopefully that is the last time Brodeur sees the ice as a Devil." That's not an opinion, you'll get kicked in the groin for screaming that out at The Rock.

#194 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,086 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

Yeah, Game 4 wasn't exactly a rocking chair game for Marty the way Game 3 was for Clemmensen, Marty had to make several big saves, a couple when Volch left him hanging again :rolleyes:

Game 3 was not a rocking chair game for Clemmensen, and I'd be surprised if the Panthers had more than 8 scoring chances in Game 4 - last night wasn't a particularly brilliant shutout. I do think Brodeur had to make a bunch of stops from outside the circles on players skating hard - not *easy* stops, but not difficult ones either. The Panthers did not get many chances from in close.

Edited by Triumph, 20 April 2012 - 10:53 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#195 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

We do have to cue Brodeur haters saying that Hedberg would've not only pitched a shutout but he would've gotten one... well, i guess, he'd have to get two assists.

(I'm a Marty skeptic but not a hater - Need another performance from the D and goalie next game)

I'm probably on the mellower side of that. To me, based on the last two years, Marty's performance shouldn't make him the automatic every-game starter come playoff time; unless he went into the playoffs in a major slump, he definitely gets to be the #1 guy going in, but with less leeway than previous years. That's why I was in favor of Hedberg getting Game 4...I don't think I ever would've felt that way in prior years...I would've said, "Marty's the guy, he'll bounce back, he deserves that chance." But I couldn't be happier that it worked out, especially for Marty.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#196 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

C'mon, man, the very TITLE of this thread should enrage you as a Devils fan: "Hopefully that is the last time Brodeur sees the ice as a Devil." That's not an opinion, you'll get kicked in the groin for screaming that out at The Rock.

Apparently you're the one doing all the groin-kicking. "I don't think Brodeur should play another game as a Devil"...how is that not an opinion. In any case, people were pissed at his performance (I hope you realize he gave up a couple goals on game 3). He came back strong, Devils won. In the end, no matter what anyone thinks of any particular player, we all want the same thing. So you can chill the fvck out.

believe-3devils.jpg

#197 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

Apparently you're the one doing all the groin-kicking. "I don't think Brodeur should play another game as a Devil"...how is that not an opinion. In any case, people were pissed at his performance (I hope you realize he gave up a couple goals on game 3). He came back strong, Devils won. In the end, no matter what anyone thinks of any particular player, we all want the same thing. So you can chill the fvck out.

Hoping for the abrupt end to the legendary career of the single-handedly most famous, award-winning, record-breaking, most successful, and most respected player in the history of our 30 year old franchise is not some friendly fan forum topic up for polite discussion.

I'm going to cry on the day he announces via press conference that he's hanging his skates up, as images fill my mind of all the happiness and inspiration (to play in goal) he's given to me in my relatively short 25 years of existence. So no, I'm not going to take it lightly that someone offensively insinuates that he wishes that final day would have come yesterday. fvck him.

And no, you're not the one who made these comments, so I'm not sure why you're so gung ho in defending them. My issue's clearly not with you.

Edited by DJ Eco, 20 April 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#198 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

Game 3 was not a rocking chair game for Clemmensen, and I'd be surprised if the Panthers had more than 8 scoring chances in Game 4 - last night wasn't a particularly brilliant shutout. I do think Brodeur had to make a bunch of stops from outside the circles on players skating hard - not *easy* stops, but not difficult ones either. The Panthers did not get many chances from in close.

Early on in the first he had some nice stops in tight, like that one where Flash was all alone in front.

#199 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

One of the best ways I've seen it expressed is something like this....Greatest Ever, Best ever, no one can really say this will be discussed for decades as superlatives are hard to quantify...But for Brodeur he has accomplished so much that you can take any of his stats/records and split them & the result would still be the records of two Hockey Hall-of Fame Goaltenders.

#200 ringtwins

ringtwins

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

Everyone seems to forget they made a rule up just to hinder his ability , the fvcken haters...don't get it.
You do know that Devil fans are so used to being in the playoffs that people save their money for the later rounds, right? Triumph

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users