#241 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

Nonsense. Just pure nonsense.

So Upshall didn't peel off and go to the net while two guys waited for a breakout that couldn't come to that side? Uh huh. There was actually a second Panther that broke to the net from somewhere else, so someone else failed too.

#242 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

So Upshall didn't peel off and go to the net while two guys waited for a breakout that couldn't come to that side? Uh huh. There was actually a second Panther that broke to the net from somewhere else, so someone else failed too.

Mostly laziness (which we saw a few times from a few players tonight at various points).

Marty should have never played the puck with the defenseman (Salvador) coming in behind. It's pretty simple. I don't know what Marty was thinking.

Yes, there should have been some better coverage from the other players, but you never leave your net when the puck is in contention for possession like that.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#243 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Nonsense. Just pure nonsense.

Really? Because they were all wide open. There was no back check. There was Salvador and Brodeur, then all 3 panther forwards. You can even see zidlicky coasting back after the puck goes in.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#244 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

The first goal was a one timer that came from good puck movement on the power play. That's not a softie by any means. If that came on our power play we'd be talking about how the PP was really clicking and what a great goal it was.
Posted Image

#245 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Mostly laziness (which we saw a few times from a few players tonight at various points).

Marty should have never played the puck with the defenseman (Salvador) coming in behind. It's pretty simple. I don't know what Marty was thinking.

Yes, there should have been some better coverage from the other players, but you never leave your net when the puck is in contention for possession like that.

Sal was beat badly. He let the guy through. It ended up being a poor decision compounded by not taking a penalty when the puck died, but there were failures all over the ice on that play. People coasting, people waiting for things that were impossible, etc. The entire center ice was vacated, were there two other guys waiting for a breakout on the correct side of the ice? :lol: It was a total mess.

#246 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

Really? Because they were all wide open. There was no back check. There was Salvador and Brodeur, then all 3 panther forwards. You can even see zidlicky coasting back after the puck goes in.

That's not in dispute from me. However, Brodeur never should have played the puck like that. It was a terrible decision on his part.

I'm not trying to kill Marty for this game as the whole team around him stunk it up, but that gaffe was shocking coming from a guy who is normally such a good decision maker and puck handler near his net when facing such situations.

Sal was beat badly. He let the guy through. It ended up being a poor decision compounded by not taking a penalty when the puck died, but there were failures all over the ice on that play. People coasting, people waiting for things that were impossible, etc. The entire center ice was vacated, were there two other guys waiting for a breakout on the correct side of the ice? :lol: It was a total mess.

No kidding. Just disheartening. I just don't want excuses if we lose the series. I don't want to hear about injuries or this and that.

Poor play is poor play. And when that becomes consistent, I think changes have to be considered.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#247 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

The first goal was a one timer that came from good puck movement on the power play. That's not a softie by any means. If that came on our power play we'd be talking about how the PP was really clicking and what a great goal it was.

This fanbase considers anything not deflected or scored on a 4-on-1 a softie.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#248 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

I don't know his reasoning for that. With the ice vacated, it could have been panic. The way that played out, if he doesn't get the puck, Upshall is still getting fed for a very good scoring chance. Maybe he holds position, but I doubt it because the only guy who can win the race is the Panther going to the puck. I also have no idea where the C was on that play.

#249 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

How the hell are some saying their first was a "softie" ? I (unfortunately) had a front row seat to that, it was a one timer akin to what Kovy is supposed to do on our PP. A softie... Okay whatever you guys say. Sorry but our complete and utter absense of any offensive attack is why this game went down the drain.

#250 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

How the hell are some saying their first was a "softie" ? I (unfortunately) had a front row seat to that, it was a one timer akin to what Kovy is supposed to do on our PP. A softie... Okay whatever you guys say. Sorry but our complete and utter absense of any offensive attack is why this game went down the drain.

And the defenseman got himself too high to try and break up the pass and missed. sh!t, Versteeg probably could have walked in too.

#251 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

Only 6 shots in the 2nd period. But that's cuz the team was soooo depressed after Marty let in that first softie... Also the team was so angry guys just started taking penalties.
Posted Image

#252 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,951 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

I still cant believe the "Hopefully that is the last time Parise sees the ice as Devil" thread hasn't been created yet.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 21 April 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#253 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

Only 6 shots in the 2nd period. But that's cuz the team was soooo depressed after Marty let in that first softie... Also the team was so angry guys just started taking penalties.

Lmao exactly. The team was all, "GOSH DARN IT!! MARTY YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T ALLOW A GOAL AGAIN ALL SERIES, WTF!! now I'm sad... Guess I'll stop playing. Try again tuesday."

When you sit here and actually read some of the excuses and reasons to why we lost on here, you might be able to conjure up a good laugh amidst all the disappointment tonight.

#254 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

I still cant believe the "Hopefully that is the last time Parise sees the ice as Devil" thread hasn't been created yet.

I'm sure that thread will pop up as soon as we're eliminated. In fact, I might start it. :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#255 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,054 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

I don't know whether I have the heart to tell my female friend who's going with me on Tuesday it might be Parise's last home game as a Devil :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#256 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,951 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

I'm sure that thread will pop up as soon as we're eliminated. In fact, I might start it. :P

Might as well, the stats in this series are scary

Parise - 3 points

Meanwhile...
Clarkson - 3 points
Bernier - 2 points
Gionta - 2 points

oh and here's the best one...
Brodeur - 2 points

:doh1:

Edited by Satans Hockey, 21 April 2012 - 10:59 PM.

#257 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,054 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

And yet still there'll probably be an anti-Kovy thread before there's an anti-Zach one. Of course, the anti-Zach ones will start when he signs with some rival team and then he'll probably torpedo us in the playoffs.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#258 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

And yet still there'll probably be an anti-Kovy thread before there's an anti-Zach one. Of course, the anti-Zach ones will start when he signs with some rival team and then he'll probably torpedo us in the playoffs.

I'd love to get out of that deal, the years that were good for us are already done. By the time he gets cheap again, he'll be using a walker.

I don't think he's the problem, I just think he compliments it well. Hard to blame him outright when they do the same things they did with him, that they did without him. He wasn't playing for us in 09 when we kept mailing in the even numbered games.

Edited by maxpower, 21 April 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#259 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

Might as well, the stats in this series are scary

Parise - 3 points

Meanwhile...
Clarkson - 3 points
Bernier - 2 points
Gionta - 2 points

oh and here's the best one...
Brodeur - 2 points

:doh1:

No goals at all from the 3rd line or the defense. Great depth.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#260 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

Are you watching the games or just relying on your stats? Kovalchuk has been not good, Parise has been excellent.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users