267 replies to this topic

#1 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

I can't take it anymore with his choke-a-riffic bullcrap. He's held this team back for so long...from Matteau (x2) to Laukkanen to Jagr putting one through him in 1999 game 6 to Markov game 5 Flyers 2004, Staal game 4 rangers 2008, the epic choke to carolina 2009, being outplayed by the Ray Emery's, Brian Bouchers and Robery Esche's of the world. He is FINISHED, DONE. A has been who was aided by the trap far too long and never an elite puckstopper in the Hasek/Roy mold (as you might think he would be by looking at his stats)

Now I'm not sure Hedberg is the answer...he's just a backup, maybe a hair better than Brodeur at this point. But to blow this series to the stinking offensively punchless panthers would be the last straw. Pack your bags and retire Marty...or go chase win #700 in some other sweater, because we can't carry your sorry ass any longer.

this team is just flat out fvcked in net. No faith in Brodeur, and I doubt Hedberg is going to be Cam Ward like in relief. Meanwhile Clemmenson or whatever scarecrow the Panthers put in net will prob magically morph into a brick wall

Edited by '7', 18 April 2012 - 08:00 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#2 USAkid90

USAkid90

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

Cory Schneider should be our target in the offseason. Would shore up the goalie situation for the next decade.

#3 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

Cory Schneider should be our target in the offseason. Would shore up the goalie situation for the next decade.

anybody at this point would be better. I mean that literally.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#4 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

You know why we're not down 3-0?

Because our team D made sure Brodeur didn't have to make a tough save in the 3rd period of game 1

Edited by '7', 17 April 2012 - 08:37 PM.

#5 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

I've been saying it for a couple years now but you always end up getting killed by the Marty fanboys. Brodeur has been living on reputation since the lockout. I can't stand the soft goals anymore. You know why Clemmensen looks so damn good? Because he's a terrific technical goaltender who doesn't get lazy or arrogant in his stance or defending against a shooter. Brodeur has been vastly overpaid the last few years as it is. I don't even want him back at vet minimum, as the Devils have reached the point where they need to build the team for the next five years rather than chasing the previous five. Fans need to learn when to disassociate themselves from a legend, because that's all Brodeur is anymore. A legend of Devils past who seems to have way too much sway in how Lou handles the Devils year in and year out.

The Devils need to get younger as well. They've been getting outskated so damn often, especially in rushes into their own zone.

They are the oldest team in the playoffs by average age. Salvador and Sykora can join Marty in filing their retirement papers. Sykora is hands down the slowest player on the ice, with Clarkson a close second.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#6 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

But hey on the bright side at least we won't have to deal with the humiliation of losing to the Rags in round 2 this year...because I think finishing out your career by sitting on your ass as we meekly bow out to Clemmensen and the Panthers is a heckuva lot better than being serenaded by Maaaarty chants in your own building as you stand there bewildered after giving up a backbreaking 40ft wrist shot goal to Anton Stralman in game 5.

#7 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

If (and it's looking probable) that the Devils lose this one, Lou better not pull any status quo nonsense.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#8 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

SMH. :doh1:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#9 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,615 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

The deciding goal was allowed by Johan Hedberg. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#10 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

The deciding goal was allowed by Johan Hedberg. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

It should have never come to that.
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#11 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

Moose starts game 4 and let see what happens.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#12 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

You can't be serious. The first two goals had no business happening.

The trolling that was going to come from this was obvious but Marty was awful. Simply being average would have been sufficient tonight.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#13 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,731 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

The trolling that was going to come from this was obvious but Marty was awful. Simply being average would have been sufficient tonight.

We don't know that for sure, but we can say that being not awful would've helped, at the very least.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#14 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,264 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

This won't sit too well around here I imagine...

TG https://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice/status/192436635001028609

"DeBoer said Brodeur will start Game 4"

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#15 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,283 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

I don't know how he has this great run from January on, and now he's back to 2008 Rangers series Marty. It's mind boggling, frustrating... And '7', while I love Broduer... What you say has a lot of merit right now. I can't take his playoff Mr. Softee garbage anymore.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#16 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

This isn't a surprise. Brodeur was terrible but to be honest Moose didn't look that much better. Have to just go with him again and hope for the best. I don't know about next season, but for now, Brodeur just has to be better.

#17 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,615 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

The point is that Marty did not single-handedly lose this game tonight. There were 19 other people in Devils uniforms tonight, one person did not lose a team game. And yes, I will continue to be pedantic and point out that he was pulled when the score was TIED.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#18 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

Nice to see Marty threw Volchenkov under the bus for the first goal. IMO that's the final straw. Could you see Stevens ever pulling crap like that.

Edited by Daniel, 17 April 2012 - 09:30 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#19 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

Well...he does owe us.

#20 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

I can't take it anymore with his choke-a-riffic bullcrap. He's held this team back for so long...from Matteau (x2) to Laukkanen to Jagr putting one through him in 1999 game 6 to Markov game 5 Flyers 2004, Staal game 4 rangers 2008, the epic choke to carolina 2009, being outplayed by the Ray Emery's, Brian Bouchers and Robery Esche's of the world. He is FINISHED, DONE. A has been who was aided by the trap far too long and never an elite puckstopper in the Hasek/Roy mold (as you might think he would be by looking at his stats)

Now I'm not sure Hedberg is the answer...he's just a backup, maybe a hair better than Brodeur at this point. But to blow this series to the stinking offensively punchless hurricanes would be the last straw. Pack your bags and retire Marty...or go chase win #700 in some other sweater, because we can't carry your sorry ass any longer.

this team is just flat out fvcked in net. No faith in Brodeur, and I doubt Hedberg is going to be Cam Ward like in relief. Meanwhile Clemmenson or whatever scarecrow the Panthers put in net will prob magically morph into a brick wall

What are you saying......No more .....Martys Better Chants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users