146 replies to this topic

#21 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

Maybe we can have a new thing for game 4 where Kevin Clark yells at the stupid fvcks playing the game. Something like this (in Kevin Clark's exaggerated excitement voice) "HEY fvckBAAAAGS IN RED, YOU'RE EMBARASSING THE sh!t OUT OF YOURSELVES AND EVERRYONE HERE-AGAIN!!!! TIME TO GET YOUR HEADS OUTTTT OF YOUR ASSES AND KILL THIS PENALTY!!!! MAKE SOME NOIIIIIIIIISE".

Also if we are losing 4-1 with 5 minutes to go on Thursday he can say "HEYYYY FANSSSSS, THIS MIGHT BE THE LAST CHANCE TO SEE YOUR DEVILS ON HOME ICE SO RISE UP DEVILS FANS AND MAKE SOMEEEEEEEEE NOIIISSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE!"

#22 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,154 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

Maybe we can have a new thing for game 4 where Kevin Clark yells at the stupid fvcks playing the game. Something like this (in Kevin Clark's exaggerated excitement voice) "HEY fvckBAAAAGS IN RED, YOU'RE EMBARASSING THE sh!t OUT OF YOURSELVES AND EVERRYONE HERE-AGAIN!!!! TIME TO GET YOUR HEADS OUTTTT OF YOUR ASSES AND KILL THIS PENALTY!!!! MAKE SOME NOIIIIIIIIISE".

Honestly, I'd rather take no chances and have him completely shut up. That eliminates all chances of anything stupid being said.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#23 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

Honestly, I'd rather take no chances and have him completely shut up. That eliminates all chances of anything stupid being said.

"HEY DEVILS FANS I'M AS SURPISED AS YOU AT THE ATROCIOUS LEVEL OF PLAY! MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!"

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#24 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

I've actually mentioned this before and it is indeed minor league. It really came through as pathetic tonight. Even if we won I would still feel very embarrassed about our announcer.

#25 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,849 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

HEY DEVILS FANS, RISE UP AND MAKE SOME NOIIIIIIIISE FOR THAT CLUSTERfvck JOKE OF A PSE&GGGGGGGGG POOOOOWER PLAAAAY!!!
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#26 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,154 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

HEY DEVILS FANS, CHEER FOR PARISE, IT"S YOUR LAST CHANCE TO DO SO!!!!!!!!!!! MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!!!

Edited by ben00rs, 17 April 2012 - 11:53 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#27 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

I must be the only one that was bemused by that extracurricular cheerleading tonight. I mean, my god this turned out to be the absolute worst game to do something like that, that's what made it a little funny/ironic. It wasn't quite as ironic as having Kovy wish everyone Happy Thanksgiving when the crowd was ready to boo him out of the building, but it was in that ballpark.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 17 April 2012 - 11:55 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#28 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

I actually liked the constant "make some noise" calls. Especially "get on your feet, and stay on your feet!" Because it seems like Devils fans will be loud as hell, then once the puck drops they all sit on their hands and are completely silent. Face it, devils fans are quiet and barely make noise. After they tied it up there was absolutely no emotion from the crowd. The Diablos have become non existent.
Devils.

#29 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:11 AM

The Diablos are a joke.
Posted Image Posted Image

#30 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:18 AM

I actually liked the constant "make some noise" calls. Especially "get on your feet, and stay on your feet!" Because it seems like Devils fans will be loud as hell, then once the puck drops they all sit on their hands and are completely silent. Face it, devils fans are quiet and barely make noise. After they tied it up there was absolutely no emotion from the crowd. The Diablos have become non existent.

As it's been said, what do you expect when the team on the ice is blowing it? In which NHL arena is the crowd deafeningly loud, on their feet, cheering/chanting after their team gives up 4 consecutive goals to lose a big lead? I still heard some let's go Devils chants in the 3rd, which is more than I expected.

Maybe during the regular season there are some quieter, smaller crowds. But I don't blame the crowd for last night at all.

#31 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,423 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:18 AM

Remember the moron with the horn about ten years ago they hired?

Claude? :lol:

How can you forget?

#32 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,423 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

And yes, that was one of the most grating things I can ever remember. It's like the annoying full national "pump up the crowd" things they do, but he did it 105 times.

#33 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:45 AM

Shut. The. Fvck. Up. You're a disgrace. Chill the hell out with the bush league cheerleading sh!t. Every stoppage of play. I will NOT get my jersey on. Nor do I want to hear you complaining on national tv about how quiet our fans are throughout the game.

It sounded like a constant 'Come on devils fans, it's a damn morgue in here! Stop being the worst atmosphere in hockey and make some noiiiissseeee!'.

Kiss my ass. Bring back bob arsena since we brought back the old goal horn.

Dude take a chill pill. I think he does a great job. Arsena was great, but it was time to move on when we moved to a new arena. We get that little treat now every year in our throwback game.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#34 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:47 AM

The Diablos are a joke.

The crowd can't do much if the players don't respond to it. The players are in their own zone on the ice, pretty much oblivious to what's going on in the stands. One section of "supporters" (in the 100s mind you) isn't going to do much from the players' perspective. It only helps the morale of the crowd when rival supporters show up.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#35 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

As it's been said, what do you expect when the team on the ice is blowing it? In which NHL arena is the crowd deafeningly loud, on their feet, cheering/chanting after their team gives up 4 consecutive goals to lose a big lead? I still heard some let's go Devils chants in the 3rd, which is more than I expected.

Maybe during the regular season there are some quieter, smaller crowds. But I don't blame the crowd for last night at all.

The crowd had infinitely more heart than the team last night. I honestly don't know how they were still into the last half of the game as much as they were, my heart was already ripped out and stomped on after the fourth goal. Aside from the people like me and the few others who lost their mind, a great majority of the crowd was terrific last night, a lot better than this sorry excuse of a team deserved.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 18 April 2012 - 07:06 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#36 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

Seriously, I had to mute the game every time there was a stoppage and he was calling for the fans to "GET YOUR JERSEY ON" or "WAVE THOSE TOWELS". It was utterly embarassing, I thought the crowd was plenty loud at the right times, and quiet after we were scored on 4 times unanswered (can you really blame them!?). Kevin Clark/PR really needs to tone it down if the atmosphere is ever going to improve.

If you want to get the crowd rocking you have to put in some NEW pump-up music that isn't the same they've been using since PruCenter opened in '07 or better yet back from CAA. It's that and the organ--they just quell the crowd. And at least a few years ago they had celebrities on the cam trying to rile up the crowd--that's better than Kevin Clark. But really it made the game brutal to watch, I can't imagine how much worse it would have been to be there live.

#37 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

Jesus Christ is this how we are all going to act after tonights game? Look anywhere possible to blame? Chill the fvck out and knock off this stupid sh!t.

He's not being blamed. But he was so freaking annoying that a thread had to be made out of it. It was irritating enough on the stream so I can't imagine how it was in person.

#38 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,883 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

Who in the world thought this was a good idea? Someone has to talk some sense into these people.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#39 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

Oh Tri, you silly goose, you need to just get up from your computer and WAVE YOUR TOWELS MAKE SOME NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOISE......ugh

#40 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

Seriously, I had to mute the game every time there was a stoppage and he was calling for the fans to "GET YOUR JERSEY ON" or "WAVE THOSE TOWELS". It was utterly embarassing, I thought the crowd was plenty loud at the right times, and quiet after we were scored on 4 times unanswered (can you really blame them!?). Kevin Clark/PR really needs to tone it down if the atmosphere is ever going to improve.

If you want to get the crowd rocking you have to put in some NEW pump-up music that isn't the same they've been using since PruCenter opened in '07 or better yet back from CAA. It's that and the organ--they just quell the crowd. And at least a few years ago they had celebrities on the cam trying to rile up the crowd--that's better than Kevin Clark. But really it made the game brutal to watch, I can't imagine how much worse it would have been to be there live.

I hope I am not the only one along with my gf last night who thought they increased the volume of the music to the point where it actually hurt to listen to. They really need to stop. I too wish they would go back to the music selection they used to play at CAA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users