146 replies to this topic

#41 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

In Kevin Clark's defense, he was definitely told to do that whole schtick throughout the game in a lame attempt to give us some "home ice advantage"...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#42 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

I hope I am not the only one along with my gf last night who thought they increased the volume of the music to the point where it actually hurt to listen to. They really need to stop. I too wish they would go back to the music selection they used to play at CAA.

I noticed that too, and they upped the bass as well. The floor was vibrating. The Panthers were obviously petrified of the loud music.

Anyone notice the instructions on how to be noisy during a penalty kill on the video screens throughout the concourse before the game?
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#43 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

I noticed that too, and they upped the bass as well. The floor was vibrating. The Panthers were obviously petrified of the loud music.

Anyone notice the instructions on how to be noisy during a penalty kill on the video screens throughout the concourse before the game?

I saw that, it said something like "stand up and chant kill kill kill during a penalty kill"

I actually don't mind that though cause that's the best way to get something like that to catch on with people who don't know about it.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 18 April 2012 - 10:02 AM.

#44 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

Maybe it would've helped if he said stuff to the actual team...

"COME ON DEVILS!!! GET ON YOUR SKATES!!! PRETEND YOU GIVE A DAMN AND MAKE SOME NOOISSSEEE!!!!!!"

"COME ON ZACH!!! ACT AS IF YOU AREN'T ALREADY LOOKING AT PROPERTY IN 10 OTHER CITIES!!! MAKE SOME NOISE LIKE AN AIRPLANE TAKING YOU AWAY FROM HERE JULY 2ND MIGHT MAKE!!!!"

"MARTY!! SURE YOU'VE BEEN PULLED AFTER BLOWING A 3 GOAL LEAD AND YOUR LEGACY IS FOREVER TARNISHED OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS OF MEDIOCRE PLAYOFFS BUT STAND UP ON THAT BENCH AND MAKE SOME NOOOIIISSEEE!!!!"
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#45 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

Maybe it would've helped if he said stuff to the actual team...

"COME ON DEVILS!!! GET ON YOUR SKATES!!! PRETEND YOU GIVE A DAMN AND MAKE SOME NOOISSSEEE!!!!!!"

"COME ON ZACH!!! ACT AS IF YOU AREN'T ALREADY LOOKING AT PROPERTY IN 10 OTHER CITIES!!! MAKE SOME NOISE LIKE AN AIRPLANE TAKING YOU AWAY FROM HERE JULY 2ND MIGHT MAKE!!!!"

"MARTY!! SURE YOU'VE BEEN PULLED AFTER BLOWING A 3 GOAL LEAD AND YOUR LEGACY IS FOREVER TARNISHED OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS OF MEDIOCRE PLAYOFFS BUT STAND UP ON THAT BENCH AND MAKE SOME NOOOIIISSEEE!!!!"

:rofl:

#46 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

It's funny... All this prodding from Kevin Clark via the Devils marketing department for more noise, and the fans are the only ones who show up when it matters. Devils fans are the antithisys of the actual team.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#47 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Dude take a chill pill. I think he does a great job. Arsena was great, but it was time to move on when we moved to a new arena. We get that little treat now every year in our throwback game.

Bob Arsena's hairpiece could rival Chico's... :giggle:

#48 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

It's funny... All this prodding from Kevin Clark via the Devils marketing department for more noise, and the fans are the only ones who show up when it matters. Devils fans are the antithisys of the actual team.

Haha yeah. Whenever the Devils get a big crowd, they always seem to lose. Quick, everyone burn your tickets!

All we need to do is replace Steve with the Albany Devils PbP guy and we'd be running the biggest bush-league operation in sports

Edited by SMantzas, 18 April 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#49 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Haha yeah. Whenever the Devils get a big crowd, they always seem to lose. Quick, everyone burn your tickets!

All we need to do is replace Steve with the Albany Devils PbP guy and we'd be running the biggest bush-league operation in sports

It's clear to me you guys have never attended a game at BankAtlantic Center. You wanna talk bush league? Check out the theatrics and stunts they pull down here to try to get fans into it.

#50 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

It's clear to me you guys have never attended a game at BankAtlantic Center. You wanna talk bush league? Check out the theatrics and stunts they pull down here to try to get fans into it.

If it involves scantily clad women, I'm all for it!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#51 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,789 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

HEEEEY, WHO WANTS TICKETS TO JERSEY BOYS!?!!?

Just complete this lyric.

"biiig girls don't.........."

Tony from Belmar, is it

A. Cry

or

B. Fart

I am so fvcking sick of them peddling tickets to Jersey Boys and Frankie Valli's awful music.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#52 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Tony from Belmar, is it

A. Cry

or

B. Fart

I am so fvcking sick of them peddling tickets to Jersey Boys and Frankie Valli's awful music.

LMAO

I want the play to end so I do not have to see this anymore!

#53 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

If it involves scantily clad women, I'm all for it!

Haha, well they have ice girls like every other team nowadays, but they have this group of people known as "the rat pack" that runs around starting every chant for them.

#54 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

Tony from Belmar, is it

A. Cry

or

B. Fart

Don't you knock Frankie Valli or the Four Seasons music. They are easily in my top 10 favorite bands.

I will admit however that I can see why it would be irritating with the amount of times they try to push tickets to their musical.

#55 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

#56 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNnBih69Hz8

WHO. WANTS. A HAPPY CLOUD!

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#57 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

I don't think anyone has a problem with Kevin Clark cause we all know he gets told what to say. Other then last night I've always thought he's done a good job as our pa guy.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 18 April 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#58 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

DEVILS FANS!!!! SIT DOWN AND STOP MAKING A FUSS ABOUT THIS!!!! JUST TRYING TO GET EVERYONE TO MAKE SOME NOOOOIIISSSEEE!!! SO PLEASE SEEETTLE DOWN, STOPPP POSTING IN THIS THREAD AND WAIVE THOOOOOOSSEEE TOWEEELLLLLLLLLLS!!!!!!!!

Now that you have done this....STAND UP AND MAKE SOME NOOOOOOOOOIIIIIISEEE!!!!

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#59 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Tony from Belmar, is it

A. Cry

or

B. Fart

I sometimes hope we dont get Power plays just so I dont have to hear Biiiig girls dont cry every time.

#60 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

DEVILS FANS!!!! SIT DOWN AND STOP MAKING A FUSS ABOUT THIS!!!! JUST TRYING TO GET EVERYONE TO MAKE SOME NOOOOIIISSSEEE!!! SO PLEASE SEEETTLE DOWN, STOPPP POSTING IN THIS THREAD AND WAIVE THOOOOOOSSEEE TOWEEELLLLLLLLLLS!!!!!!!!

Now that you have done this....STAND UP AND MAKE SOME NOOOOOOOOOIIIIIISEEE!!!!

this meme is fantastic. i'm close to saying last night's job by clark was worth it to have this meme which i hope continues for a while.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users