24 replies to this topic

#21 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

There's really no one here with a video of it?

I looked around, didn't see anything.

#22 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

There's really no one here with a video of it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppfbFNyYT1g&feature=player_embedded

people try to argue, "well, he missed him." the intent was clearly there. so are they going to wait until players start getting hurt before they punish these kinds of plays. i want bernier to lay bergenhiem out tomorrow.

#23 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

It is not a one-man job.

Sigh...

I mean it shouldn't be just the NHL making the decision. The NHLPA should probably be involved if they are in fact interested in 'player safety', as Bettman claims again and again.

I mean, they won't make the players take off the plastic armor, but still. Safety is very important when players who aren't stars do something wrong, and it should be just as important when players who ARE stars do something wrong.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#24 Eztarget

Eztarget

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

It's happening league wide.

And last night the two dirtiest players in the league were at it again, but because they're the "face" of the NHL nothing gets called.

Watch this video as Malkin skates by Nick Grossmann and delivers a flying elbow. The ref is right there looking at it but Chris Lee was more interested in ruining last night's game by making it the "CHRIS LEE SHOW" than calling legit penalties on "stars".

Here's the video. Now if the NHL wants to send a message that ALL the pundits calling out the Penguins for special treatment were wrong they suspend Malkin for the next game. But the NHL will NEVER do this because he is a "star". If a lesser player does this crap he gets 3 games.

Malkin clearly puts his elbow out jumps up a little and targets Grossmann's head. Then Malkin is smart enough to tuck and fall like it was accidental. The guy is the dirtiest cheapest A HOLE in all of the NHL.

Edited by Eztarget, 19 April 2012 - 08:52 AM.

#25 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppfbFNyYT1g&feature=player_embedded

people try to argue, "well, he missed him." the intent was clearly there. so are they going to wait until players start getting hurt before they punish these kinds of plays. i want bernier to lay bergenhiem out tomorrow.

thanks for finding the vid
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users