#3 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,021 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

Can't hurt, but can't help either.

The sad-sack players will still be in the jerseys. I don't know why this team refuses to up their game for the playoffs, but it this is another first round exit things have to change.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#4 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

Besides putting me in a Christmas vibe, I don't think that would do sh!t.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#5 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

It would make our record in Retro jerseys 1-3, that's about it....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#6 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

The sad-sack players will still be in the jerseys. I don't know why this team refuses to up their game for the playoffs, but if this is another first round exit things have to change.

The obvious move will be to let Zach walk, which I really don't have a problem with. It's easy to say that the Devils haven't won anything with him, but that can be a dangerous way of thinking (a lot of star players didn't win anything in the earlier stages of their careers). For me, it's more that I don't think he's going to be worth what another team will be willing to give him.

As for the jerseys...cute, but isn't going to make any difference.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#7 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

The sad-sack players will still be in the jerseys. I don't know why this team refuses to up their game for the playoffs, but it this is another first round exit things have to change.

And what change would you suggest?

#8 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

If this isn't rearranging the deck chairs, nothing is.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#9 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,021 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

And what change would you suggest?

Well, I guess from a common sense stand point...

I'm basing this on the assumption that management is as sick of this trend as we are...

If this team bows out in 5 or 6, I think a change of the guard is needed. I think Lou's time is probably up. The teams he's put together just don't seem to have that playoff edge we see around the league. The old school mentality (which I am definitely a fan of) doesn't work for everyone. These days, it just doesn't seem like the way to run a pro sports team.

Marty (stop salivating) will probably be back unless Lou really leaves, in which case the new guard may want to go in a different direction. If/when Marty is back, it needs to be for a small amount of money and with the understanding that his job will be to help a younger goalie along (not Kinkaid or Wedgewood, they aren't ready yet. Someone from outside.) And by help, I mean he needs to let the kid play. He needs to start handing this team off.

I'd love Parise back, but I'm afraid he's going to ask for ridiculous money, and it just doesn't make sense to tie ourselves up with another huge contract at this point.

I love the future of the defense (Larsson, Merril, Urbom, Gelinas, Scarlett, Helgeson) but we need more D that can move the puck next year. It'd probably lead to some over-payment.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#10 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

Well, I guess from a common sense stand point...

I'm basing this on the assumption that management is as sick of this trend as we are...

If this team bows out in 5 or 6, I think a change of the guard is needed. I think Lou's time is probably up. The teams he's put together just don't seem to have that playoff edge we see around the league. The old school mentality (which I am definitely a fan of) doesn't work for everyone. These days, it just doesn't seem like the way to run a pro sports team.

Marty (stop salivating) will probably be back unless Lou really leaves, in which case the new guard may want to go in a different direction. If/when Marty is back, it needs to be for a small amount of money and with the understanding that his job will be to help a younger goalie along (not Kinkaid or Wedgewood, they aren't ready yet. Someone from outside.) And by help, I mean he needs to let the kid play. He needs to start handing this team off.

I'd love Parise back, but I'm afraid he's going to ask for ridiculous money, and it just doesn't make sense to tie ourselves up with another huge contract at this point.

I love the future of the defense (Larsson, Merril, Urbom, Gelinas, Scarlett, Helgeson) but we need more D that can move the puck next year. It'd probably lead to some over-payment.

If we let Zach walk, we have to make a run at Ryan Suter. Have to. Nashville most likely will only be able to keep one of him or Weber, unless they both take less money to stay there, which I wouldn't blame them one bit for- they have a great thing going down there. This is of course assuming we have the money in the first place, what with all the other garbage away from the ice.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users