Break out the Green and Red Jerseys

INLOUWETRUST

Can't hurt, but can't help either.

The sad-sack players will still be in the jerseys. I don't know why this team refuses to up their game for the playoffs, but if this is another first round exit things have to change.

The obvious move will be to let Zach walk, which I really don't have a problem with. It's easy to say that the Devils haven't won anything with him, but that can be a dangerous way of thinking (a lot of star players didn't win anything in the earlier stages of their careers). For me, it's more that I don't think he's going to be worth what another team will be willing to give him.

As for the jerseys...cute, but isn't going to make any difference.

And what change would you suggest?

Well, I guess from a common sense stand point...

I'm basing this on the assumption that management is as sick of this trend as we are...

If this team bows out in 5 or 6, I think a change of the guard is needed. I think Lou's time is probably up. The teams he's put together just don't seem to have that playoff edge we see around the league. The old school mentality (which I am definitely a fan of) doesn't work for everyone. These days, it just doesn't seem like the way to run a pro sports team.

Marty (stop salivating) will probably be back unless Lou really leaves, in which case the new guard may want to go in a different direction. If/when Marty is back, it needs to be for a small amount of money and with the understanding that his job will be to help a younger goalie along (not Kinkaid or Wedgewood, they aren't ready yet. Someone from outside.) And by help, I mean he needs to let the kid play. He needs to start handing this team off.

I'd love Parise back, but I'm afraid he's going to ask for ridiculous money, and it just doesn't make sense to tie ourselves up with another huge contract at this point.

I love the future of the defense (Larsson, Merril, Urbom, Gelinas, Scarlett, Helgeson) but we need more D that can move the puck next year. It'd probably lead to some over-payment.

Well, I guess from a common sense stand point...

I'm basing this on the assumption that management is as sick of this trend as we are...

If this team bows out in 5 or 6, I think a change of the guard is needed. I think Lou's time is probably up. The teams he's put together just don't seem to have that playoff edge we see around the league. The old school mentality (which I am definitely a fan of) doesn't work for everyone. These days, it just doesn't seem like the way to run a pro sports team.

Marty (stop salivating) will probably be back unless Lou really leaves, in which case the new guard may want to go in a different direction. If/when Marty is back, it needs to be for a small amount of money and with the understanding that his job will be to help a younger goalie along (not Kinkaid or Wedgewood, they aren't ready yet. Someone from outside.) And by help, I mean he needs to let the kid play. He needs to start handing this team off.

I'd love Parise back, but I'm afraid he's going to ask for ridiculous money, and it just doesn't make sense to tie ourselves up with another huge contract at this point.

I love the future of the defense (Larsson, Merril, Urbom, Gelinas, Scarlett, Helgeson) but we need more D that can move the puck next year. It'd probably lead to some over-payment.

If we let Zach walk, we have to make a run at Ryan Suter. Have to. Nashville most likely will only be able to keep one of him or Weber, unless they both take less money to stay there, which I wouldn't blame them one bit for- they have a great thing going down there. This is of course assuming we have the money in the first place, what with all the other garbage away from the ice.