247 replies to this topic

#161 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Here is a review of the game from a Florida Panther fan that was found on the Florida Panthers IceDancers page :blink:

After a furious comeback two nights ago gave the REDVOLUTIONARIES a 2-1 lead, COLONEL DINEEN and his platoon promised a better start to Game 4 to avoid another hole. As promised, the MEN IN RED had a much better start in the opening 20 minutes of the game. An inability to capitalize on powerplays, however, coupled with a lackluster 2-for-4 effort on the penalty kill, proved to be the difference as the SINNERS ON THE BOARDWALK struck back to slay the PUMAS OF THE EVERGLADES 4-0 to even the series at 2-2. Long-time New Jersey Secretary of Defense MARTIN BRODEUR denied the PANTHERS on 26 attempted visits to CLUB RED tonight for the shutout as he bounced back from a subpar outing on Tuesday. The FEROCIOUS FELINES had no answers for Devils' top guns PARISE, ZAJAC, CLARKSON and KOVALCHUK, who turned a 1-0 lead after two stanzas into the eventual 4-0 drubbing. SCOTT CLEMMENSEN played a decent game in place of Games 1-3 starter JOSE THEODORE, but several defensive breakdowns and solid powerplay execution were too much to overcome for CLEMMER & Company. Game 5 will be at 6:30 on SATURDAY NIGHT. Wear your RED and be LOUD for the hometown CARDIAC CATS as they attempt to reclaim the series lead. Until then, keep your heads up folks. We STILL SEE RED, but let's torture ourselves for a moment with tonight's OFFICIAL PROFILE OF A LEAKY DEFENSIVE GAME THAT HAS US DESPERATE TO EVACUATE THE ARMPIT OF AMERICA.

If nj is the armpit of America then can Florida be the dirty dick of America?

#162 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

I also loved the energy ZP was putting out there. His hippidy hoppiness after the goals was awesome.

If nj is the armpit of America then can Florida be the dirty dick of America?

I was going with used tampon.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#163 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,053 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

It should also be noted that the crowd sounded AWESOME tonight. To anyone who was in attendance tonight, way to represent!

Word. Great crowd tonight, I was proud to be a part of it. I'm also beyond drunk right now, so the night is a total win!! :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#164 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,223 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

One of the cutest things in the world is panthers fans talking sh!t. Someone had a "DEVILS SUCK DICK EST. 2003" sign at game 2 in the BAC... It was literally too stupid to insult.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#165 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

This game was so wonderful in so many ways. I'm crying tears of joy right now.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#166 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

One of the cutest things in the world is panthers fans talking sh!t. Someone had a "DEVILS SUCK DICK EST. 2003" sign at game 2 in the BAC... It was literally too stupid to insult.

Haha yeah. After the game someone was chanting, "NEW JERSEY SUCKS BALLS! NEW JERSEY SUCKS BALLS!" so I started calling out to him like, "Yeah man, YOU'RE THE MAN!!" and his friend was like Yeah go Panthers and tried to get a high five from me. I was like yeah, 12 years in the making right? Not much else heard after that...

Great game Devils!! Now I am super stoked to be a loud obnoxious Devils fan at Game 5 @ the BAC. We've got em' right where we want em!

#167 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

some trash on the panthers hfboards. down by 4 and wanting their guys to goon it up and run over marty and stuff. whatever.

great win, goes to show how important goaltending and the devils pk will be. solid all around. now they must carry it into game 5.

Edited by Mayday, 19 April 2012 - 09:42 PM.

#168 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,303 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

People doing the daniel bryan yes! Yes! Yes! Chants on the way out of the building also made a great night even better! You wrestling fans will know what I'm talking about.

#169 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

some trash on the panthers hfboards. down by 4 and wanting their guys to goon it up and run over marty and stuff. whatever.

great win, goes to show how important goaltending and the devils pk will be. solid all around. now they must carry it into game 5.

Why would they need to do that? Clemmer said he can "beat Marty any day" earlier today!

How's that going for you Scott?

#170 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

I'm so glad we won, even happier I was there & thrilled to see another NHL record set by #30 !!

#171 rf1583

rf1583

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

I haven't had that much fun at a game in a long time! I was one of the loudest people in my section. After the game I was still cheering and every light I hit on broad street when I was stopped next to a car full of devils fans I rolled down my window to cheer with them. Had to stop at rest stop on parkway and on my way out I saw another devils fan coming on. We high fived and it made me more excited. My throat is killing me and I'm pretty sure I'll have no voice tomorrow but it's all worth it. I have to get up at 4:40 tomorrow but I can't even think about sleeping right now! Go Devils!!!!csnt wait for Game 6 to do it all over again!

#172 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

On my way to the train station, some car full of (apparently) Rangers fans drove by and chanted "Devils suck balls!" or something like that.

Well, as fate would have it, they got stuck at a light. And some irish sounding dude literally jumped on the hood and ran across it. I sh!t you not. I was worried shots would be fired..it was awesome

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#173 Stolen

Stolen

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

The Devils have never lost a playoff game I've been too...I went in pretty excited....woulda bet $100 on a win. Crowd was AMAZING....hilarious! I've never sat in the 200s before, but that is where all the loud folks are.

#174 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,053 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

The Devils have never lost a playoff game I've been too...I went in pretty excited....woulda bet $100 on a win. Crowd was AMAZING....hilarious! I've never sat in the 200s before, but that is where all the loud folks are.

Well then, it's settled... You must attend every Devils playoff game the team plays for the rest of your life. :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#175 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,885 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

Best crowd ever at a Devils game.... Devils played like men tonight.. keep up the physical play and we could beat anyone.

We have the only Gionta playing in the NHL right now!
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#176 Stolen

Stolen

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

Well then, it's settled... You must attend every Devils playoff game the team plays for the rest of your life. :P

:yay:

Did anyone here the modified chant?

"Rangers ****, Flyers *******...Panthers watch"

I dunno the TOS around here so I starred some stuff I probably didn't have to, but yeah lol

#177 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

The "You're a backup!" chant directed toward Clemmensen was rather hurtful. Best crowd ever, better than both cup winners.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#178 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

This game showed that the Devils have no business losing this series if they keep fvcking playing 60 minutes, the PK keeps their collective heads out of their a**, and Marty doesn't sink them.

I'm still not anywhere near 100% confident they will do all that long enough to win two games...they have to prove they're over the bs of the last five years and prior three games. Just win Saturday, so you can't be eliminated at home - that'd be a start at least.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 19 April 2012 - 10:34 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#179 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

The "You're a backup!" chant directed toward Clemmensen was rather hurtful. Best crowd ever, better than both cup winners.

:rofl: I missed that one, then again my ears were already hurting. I thought it was from the jacked up noise over the PR, but maybe it was actually from the crowd itself lol.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#180 Stolen

Stolen

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

I'd say The Devils did 90% of the work tonight...the crowd the other 10%.

This should have been the last game of the series honestly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users