Posted Image

#22 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

He used to do the chant at the stoppage after every goal. I do remember discussions on this board that he should be doing the chant more often like when the crowd was dead and needed a lift instead of after the goals. Sat near him when we first got our seats in 89 or so. Seemed nice enough to me, I have a much more annoying person sitting directly behind me now so it's tough to bad mouth him.

His give me an iiiiii's are still the best though.

Don't remember him doing it after every goal. I know he would do it in the second period regardless if a goal was scored or not.

Overall the whole jab at him being obnoxious is so off base I had to point that out. I really do miss him and the guy who does it every game from 233 just doesn't cut it in my opinion.

#23 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

Rowdy understands. Thank you. I suppose since I was paying good money for my season tickets for so many years, I am entitled to watch a game without that kind of stuff. As I stated, after 1 season I requested a change in my seats and that solved the issue for me. btw the fella I went to games with had the same sentiments.

No, my saying he is obnoxious is not jealousy. It is my opinion. He has nothing to be jealous of. I guess if I don't agree with the masses that automatically makes me wrong. Rumor had it he stopped when the Devs wouldn't give him free season tickets.

He did that chant only after scoring goals. He walked around like he was something special. I found it annoying. The guy who used to sit behind me used to dress up like a devil, cape included. He would go down the steps between 119 and 120 with placards that spelled out D-E-V-I-L-S. He started the chant and then Baumann decided he would do the same thing for the tier directly above us. I stand by my sentiments. I hope never to see him again in this or any other lifetime.
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#24 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

Sat a few sections away, always a great way to get the crowd revved up!

#25 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

Rowdy understands. Thank you. I suppose since I was paying good money for my season tickets for so many years, I am entitled to watch a game without that kind of stuff. As I stated, after 1 season I requested a change in my seats and that solved the issue for me. btw the fella I went to games with had the same sentiments.

No, my saying he is obnoxious is not jealousy. It is my opinion. He has nothing to be jealous of. I guess if I don't agree with the masses that automatically makes me wrong. Rumor had it he stopped when the Devs wouldn't give him free season tickets.

He did that chant only after scoring goals. He walked around like he was something special. I found it annoying. The guy who used to sit behind me used to dress up like a devil, cape included. He would go down the steps between 119 and 120 with placards that spelled out D-E-V-I-L-S. He started the chant and then Baumann decided he would do the same thing for the tier directly above us. I stand by my sentiments. I hope never to see him again in this or any other lifetime.

You are saying you are not jealous and then you type about how you felt he walked around as if he was something special. No one else who sat near him or talked to him on here can corroborate how you feel so it is obvious you were jealous.

The story I also heard was that a lot of the longtime DFC members hated him because he got preferential treatment by the devils such as being on the ice during the first banner raising.

#26 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

While I loved Baumann's chants at CAA I think its perfectly fair to not want to sit by it. After all, it was something that happened every game in it's peak. It's not like you could really escape it though as they usually put it up on the screen. But Star did the right thing - just moved away, didn't complain or anything.

And while I loved the chants I have to say the last point is def possible - I remember him doing something kind of rude the one time I ran into him back at the old arena (he ignored someone who was nice to him and complemented him on what he does) but I'll still give him the benefit of the doubt that he was distracted or something because he was bringing in a whole lot of "toys for tots that day and had his hands full.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users