349 replies to this topic

#201 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

Stay positive guys, we just raped them a game ago. This is goin 7. This is the one team I didn't wanna face. If we beat Florida then hello eastern conference finals!

Huh? :lol: Florida is awful. They've done nothing in this series at even strength. Their goaltending is not an advantage over ours. So why exactly would this be our toughest matchup? Just rationalization at this point. There's alot of much tougher matchups still alive. sh!t everyone they could potentially play in the second round, down to Washington, is a tougher to much tougher matchup.

This is the answer to last year's Preds/Ducks series. Two losers matched up where someone has to win.

#202 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,128 posts

Holy sh!t!

If this board was a person they would have been sectioned and placed in asylum a long time ago!

As bad as that was its still only 3-2. Anyone remember how we played Thursday?

Jesus.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#203 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Another pathetic performance. I do NOT like our chances on Tuesday. No guts, no sense of urgency, no leadership. If I'm VBK I come out publicly and give an ultimatum: come back and win this series or Lou's fired. I'm serious. How much more of this crap are we gonna take year after year?

Kinda hard to get fired by an owner who might not even own the team anymore.

#204 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

don't worry guys, there must be some sabermetric statistic that is going to prove that we will win the next two games.
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#205 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Highlight of my night was throwing my panthers rally towel in the trash in fromt of a bunch of their fans. $105 + 320 miles of fuel + 8 hours of travel round trip + food + booze down the drain. Had no reason to cheer, not even once.

#206 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

If Pete DeBonehead doesn't change the lines now, he never will. Zajac is invisible. And I forgot Ponikarovsky was on this team.

Nah it'd be just a regular season gm

jesus h, i forgot about ponikarovsky as well. that says something right there. people can complain about kovalchuk all they want as he's the focal point, but ponikarovsky has earned a thank you for your contributions but were going in another direction speech when this ends. thats too bad as he really was a great acquistion in the reg season.

#207 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

Lou's not the only one that should go when they lose Tuesday. This needs to be a complete bloodletting, this series is the biggest embarassment in an entire post-lockout full of embarassments.

If they lose on Tuesday, Lou will give his usual, "There are no necessary changes for this team. We just need to play better" speech to the press and around and around we go. All the veterans like Elias, Zajac, Marty, and Zubrus will be back next year and it'll be the same bullshiit. I think my beer buzz is starting to wear off now. I've really nothing left to say. Goodbye. Goodnight.

#208 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,283 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

Our captain just said they "didn't compete hard enough". Are. You. Kidding. Me. Sigh. They'll never get it I guess.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#209 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

I pity any of you that are going to pay good $$$ to watch another crushing series end in the Rock on Tues.
A real statement would be an empty building on Tuesday - maybe the franchise would get the message.

Status Quo. That's what we always hear from Lou. If the Devils lose at home on Tuesday, Vanderbeek needs to show some cajones and tell Lou and Marty it's time for the team to go in a new direction and bring in some outside perspective.

Immaterial. He still owns the team until he sells his share. He can call the shots. He doesn't have to clear anything with the other 48% or the league.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#210 Biggie B

Biggie B

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Holy sh!t!

If this board was a person they would have been sectioned and placed in asylum a long time ago!

As bad as that was its still only 3-2. Anyone remember how we played Thursday?

Jesus.

People just see the writing on the wall. Its not so much that they lost, its the manner in which they did. Devils simply arent playing playoff hockey on a consistent basis. Its a recipe for disaster.
Posted Image
Holding it down (in loving memory) for Vitaly "THE UKRAINE TRAIN" Vishnevski

If you can't take the heat, step away from the flames.

#211 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

I pity any of you that are going to pay good $$$ to watch another crushing series end in the Rock on Tues.
A real statement would be an empty building on Tuesday - maybe the franchise would get the message.

Losing tuesday, plus parise leaving, the ownership situation, and god forbid the rangers win the cup....well the franchise will get the message along with an empty building.

Edited by hockey3893498, 21 April 2012 - 08:43 PM.

#212 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

What, he's got till June right?

#213 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

Our captain just said they "didn't compete hard enough". Are. You. Kidding. Me. Sigh. They'll never get it I guess.

This team is comprised of a bunch of losers. What do you expect? I'll tell you what I expect.....to be out about $90 around 9:45pm Tuesday night and getting ready for that long frustrating drive back home on the NJ Turnpike.

#214 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Losing tuesday, plus parise leaving, the ownership situation, and god forbid the rangers win the cup....well the franchise will get the message along with an empty building.

Honestly at this point I am not going to sweat parise leaving. Someone else will overpay for him plus the fact we haven't won jack sh!t with him in any sort of leadership role is the reasons why I won't swear it

#215 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

Huh? :lol: Florida is awful. They've done nothing in this series at even strength. Their goaltending is not an advantage over ours. So why exactly would this be our toughest matchup? Just rationalization at this point. There's alot of much tougher matchups still alive. sh!t everyone they could potentially play in the second round, down to Washington, is a tougher to much tougher matchup.

This is the answer to last year's Preds/Ducks series. Two losers matched up where someone has to win.

i agree they are a horrible team, hence why I said they had our number. Certain teams match up better. we got the sh!t end of the stick. id rather of played the pens.

#216 rf1583

rf1583

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

And my mood is lifted seeing the rangers get shutout also!

#217 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

I still feel like crap

#218 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

after the buzzer jabbering joe was crying over boyle getting hurt and crying for the league to look at it as an illegal elbow to the head lol.

#219 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

i agree they are a horrible team, hence why I said they had our number. Certain teams match up better. we got the sh!t end of the stick. id rather of played the pens.

Sure you would. If we were this listless, the Pens would have destroyed us, even with their current "EA sports" style of hockey. And if they remembered how they were supposed to play, my god, it would be ugly. The level we got to today isn't even 25% of the level those games are being played at, by everyone other than the goalies.

#220 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

Honestly at this point I am not going to sweat parise leaving. Someone else will overpay for him plus the fact we haven't won jack sh!t with him in any sort of leadership role is the reasons why I won't swear it

As long as Parise doesn't go to the Rangers, Flyers, Hurricanes, or Penguins... I don't care where he ends up. I could see him on the Islanders since his old man played there and they seem dumb enough to overpay for him. Actually, seeing him on the same line as Tavares would be pretty fun to watch, and I don't really hate the Isles like I do the above mentioned franchises so i'd be rooting for him to do well as long as they're not playing us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users