349 replies to this topic

#241 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

i didnt watch the 2nd and 3rd can anyone give a jist of it? were we just horrible or were they just playing a team game better?

frankly, it doesn't matter. we lost a pivotal game 5 away. now we shift to Tuesday where they will be pushing the outer limits of their season. Will be fun. LETS GO DEVILS!

#242 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

I don't give a sh!t whose fault the 2nd goal was. This team was pathetic tonight. Here's a fun fact for ya...

Tuesday has the chance to be the 4th time in 5 years we lose a series on home ice and that other year we missed the playoffs. Awesome!

Status Quo!
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#243 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

I don't give a sh!t whose fault the 2nd goal was. This team was pathetic tonight. Here's a fun fact for ya...

Tuesday has the chance to be the 4th time in 5 years we lose a series on home ice and that other year we missed the playoffs. Awesome!

Actually 5th time. Ottawa in 2007.

#244 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Actually 5th time. Ottawa in 2007.

Yes you're right but I was keeping that one out cause we actually made the 2nd round that year and it was back at the meadowlands. Still a wonderful stat no matter how you say it! :koolaid:

#245 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

believe boys.

things go wrong sometimes but i will support this team. they may play like crap but im still here to support. you know why? hardwork, dedication, and 3 Stanley Cups. I get excited when we win, but I refuse to turn into a whining pissy loser when we lose. everyones loses.

we may lose tuesday, i wont lie. i'd say its a 50/50 game. but i believe we can win tuesday and force a game. is boston out? is new york out? its pittsburgh? maybe we all end up losing, maybe one advances, hey, maybe we advance. ya gotta believe. were not out till were out. seasons on the line tuesday. :burn:

#246 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

I still can't get over the fact that actually showing up for full hockey games is a problem for a team in the playoffs. I just can't. To hear Parise say the words "we didn't compete hard enough" after a pivotal, possibly series-turning game... I just don't know what to say.

Oh good lord, thank god I turned off the postgame after about five minutes, I would have kicked in the TV. Put that right along with Marty's 'we didn't expect to be tested this early' quote as a reason why this team needs to be gutted once they lose.

But yeah them not giving effort was obvious to anyone who watched the final two periods.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#247 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

hardwork, dedication,

Too bad they didn't have either of these tonight.

#248 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

don't worry guys, there must be some sabermetric statistic that is going to prove that we will win the next two games.

My post of the night...cause this actually got a brief chuckle out of me.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#249 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Oh good lord, thank god I turned off the postgame after about five minutes, I would have kicked in the TV. Put that right along with Marty's 'we didn't expect to be tested this early' quote as a reason why this team needs to be gutted once they lose.

But yeah them not giving effort was obvious to anyone who watched the final two periods.

That's why I have no hope for this group. If they don't get it now, they never will. They don't deserve it. Any team that can't give effort and compete in the playoffs doesn't deserve to be there in the first place.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#250 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

Our captain just said they "didn't compete hard enough". Are. You. Kidding. Me. Sigh. They'll never get it I guess.

What a fvcking joke.

#251 gata

gata

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

This hurt so much...I didn't have time to see the whole game but the last goal in particular...
OUR POWER PLAY .... One extra man on the ice............ AND THEY GET THE f*cking goal ... :rant:

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#252 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Islanders? you are a moron

Get a fukin grip. What are we 12 years old? Did I offend you because I can appreciate watching good hockey even if it's not coming from the team I root for? All i said was it could be fun watching Parise and Tavares on the same line as long as they're not playing against us (should he get traded to the NYI, which i'm not hoping for btw). I'm not an Isles fan but I'll admit that Tavares is one of the best young players in the league and if Zach was paired up with him, it would be entertaining to see. Sorry, i'll go back to drinking Lou's Kool-aid and shouting "Rangers suck!" so I can be considered a true fan.

Edited by slasher72, 21 April 2012 - 10:40 PM.

#253 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

Another fun stat, we've lost our last five playoff games when facing elimination, the last four of them at home. Our last win when facing elimination was Game 4 against Carolina in 2006. Just to contrast, the Penguins already put up two wins when facing elimination this year.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 21 April 2012 - 11:00 PM.

#254 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

Sharks and Wings were already gone to the golf field. We might see them pretty soon along with the Nucks, Rags and Pens.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#255 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

I have to admit I'd be somewhat amused if Florida was the highest seed remaining after this round, which is very possible now. At this point it wouldn't totally shock me to see them troll everyone a la Carolina in 2002 and make a run to the Finals after they beat us and the rest of the bracket blows up.

#256 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

I have to admit I'd be somewhat amused if Florida was the highest seed remaining after this round, which is very possible now. At this point it wouldn't totally shock me to see them troll everyone a la Carolina in 2002 and make a run to the Finals after they beat us and the rest of the bracket blows up.

Better them than the Rangers, Boston, Philly, or Pittsburgh.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#257 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

I'd be shocked if they don't lose in 4 or 5 games to whoever they play. These panthers are fvcking terrible which makes losing to them even worse.

#258 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Yeah well the Panthers could get the Rangers, Boston and Pitt/Philly out of the way without having to play them. And if all the 3-2 leads hold they'd be playing Ottawa while the Caps and Flyers would play each other. They could certainly beat Ottawa, then once you get to the Conference Finals after having two series wins all bets are off.

#259 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

Using the same logic, the Devils currently have a non-zero chance of winning the cup, if results hold.... and they're pissing it away. So it's really not amusing, it's wall-punching quality.

#260 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

Seasons over

Was never a fan of hanging the C on Parise. He doesn't need the added pressure. He's not an intimidating warrior type like a Stevens or Dennis Potvin...and he has played hard as usual but the comments tonight leave me scratching my head.

I dont know where the passion went really....but this team just doesnt show consistently that it wants it more than florida.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users