nhl.com

#2 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

Torres is a stupid hockey player. 5th time around and still doesn't get it.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#3 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

Good, piece of sh!t deserves it.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#4 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

Dude is a piece of trash but damn thats a heavy suspension.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#5 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

The Coyotes, as it were, can have a maximum of 24 remaining playoff games.

This suspension means nothing - it's the next one that'll tell us if Shanahan's serious. Torres for 25 games doesn't mean anything if Crosby or Malkin or Kovy or Weber were to do something stupid and only get a slap on the wrist.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#6 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

i think the fact that torres has 4 previous suspensions played very heavy into the fact that this was so major.

if malkin or someone of his ilk who had not been suspended previously did something like this, i think they get 3-4 games (similar to hagelin).

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#7 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,112 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

Too severe a suspension for a hit that wasnt all that dirty. I dont believe he deliberately targeted the head, sticks and elbows not involved. Puck was nearby from what i can remember.

Game is becoming too pussfied
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#8 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

i think the fact that torres has 4 previous suspensions played very heavy into the fact that this was so major.

if malkin or someone of his ilk who had not been suspended previously did something like this, i think they get 3-4 games (similar to hagelin).

This. The only superstar who comes close to Torres would be Pronger, and he usually doesn't get caught. The only Penguins are Cooke, and maybe Asham. If Weber does something else this postseason, that would be a decent test, just because he just dodged a bullet.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#9 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

A suspension well deserved. It sadly took 5 times before the nhl came down hard on Torres. Look at Shannys video there is literally bodies all over the ice from this guy.

#10 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

It just blows my mind how Shanahan was so ontop of these hits in the start of the season and come the playoffs he just doesnt give a sh!t. He must have a dart board in his office makred with random punishments and whatever it lands on is handed down.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#11 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

Too severe a suspension for a hit that wasnt all that dirty. I dont believe he deliberately targeted the head, sticks and elbows not involved. Puck was nearby from what i can remember.

Game is becoming too pussfied

This is just wrong.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#12 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

nhl.com

Good. Can't stand his ugly ass face.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#13 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

It amazes me that some of these guys who actually have some talent resort to dirty hits. Torres and Cooke actually have talent, they can score up to twenty goals. Hopefully Torres will clean up his act just like Matt Cooke did this year.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#14 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

Garbage. Hit was fine. Rules getting way too soft. Stevens would have been arrested and tossed in jail if he played now.

#15 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,112 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

25 games should be reserved for stomping on someone with a skate or a lumberjack style stick attack to the head
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#16 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

Garbage. Hit was fine. Rules getting way too soft. Stevens would have been arrested and tossed in jail if he played now.

It was a blatant interference and charging incident in my opinion.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#17 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

It's the right thing to do but the league has been setting themselves up for this kind of incident all year when they started to get lighter on the suspensions as the year progressed. Preseason started off very strict and it seemed as if Shanahan and co. were going to rule with an iron fist but that quickly changed.

#18 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

If he doesn't leave his feet, that's a clean hit. I'm sorry, but watch it at full speed. You barely get past the "onemississippi" before Torres trucks him. Hossa got caught with his head down. Yes, it was dirty because Torres launched himself, but the sad thing for him is, the hit's probably just as devastating if he keeps his feet on the ice. Stevens-esque, even.

And anyone who thinks this still gets 25 games if Hossa (a) isn't Chicago's superstar and (b) comes back into the game--I have an Izod Center I'd like to sell you.

Edited by Risky, 21 April 2012 - 12:34 PM.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#19 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,307 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

25 games should be reserved for stomping on someone with a skate or a lumberjack style stick attack to the head

I agree, but I think Torres' history has more to do with the length of the suspension than the actual hit itself. What is this, his 5th offense? Shanny was sending a stern message.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#20 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,112 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

I could see that maddog...didnt know it was his 5th. I think 12-15 wouldve been enough to send a message. Really dont think Torres has any intent to injure Hossa...its unfortunate he ended up getting stretchered out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users