22 replies to this topic

#21 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,321 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

They made more of an effort in recent years as Brooklyn became closer but really didn't care at all when Ratner first came into the picture. They had those great teams 10 years ago but weren't able to build anything off of it.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#22 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

I think the Yankees and Mets situation is a bit different. Without a doubt baseball is the second most popular sport here and it really goes generation to generation in families. People in NJ will always follow the NY teams and in the case of the Yankees (and Mets mainly in the 80's) they at least know they are going to see a quality product. Most of the Rangers fans I know in NJ are either older people who were around before the Devils or had parents/grandparents who were Rangers fans. Plus MSG is the easiest sports venue in NY to get to from NJ. Brooklyn is doable but I can understand how the increase in tolls/train fares/time would turn some people off. I just don't think the team ever had enough of a fanbase here to really get people from NJ to follow the team.

Like I said before, I went back and forth on whether to support the Brooklyn Nets. I was leaning towards it, even last night, but after the whole Yormark fiasco and the way owners like Ratner and Jay-Z didn't give a sh!t about NJ fans or even trying to field a competitive team, I don't think I can keep following them.

If the Devils ever moved out of state, even if its close by to a place like Brooklyn, there is no way I would support them. Thats just me though, I'm not sure how many others feel the same way.

In terms of the Yankees and Mets, I wasn't really referring to the amount of fans from NJ. What I was referring to is that for those who are complaining saying the Nets in Brooklyn will be hard to get to forget a ton of people in NJ make the trek to Yankee Stadium and CitiField on a pretty consistent basis. Going to Citifield is always a bitch and Yankee Stadium is no fun for a lot of people with the GW bridge and its traffic.

#23 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,321 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

After getting over the Yormark fiasco and the fact I only follow casually and have no alternative to cheer for, I decided to see what the new logo and color scheme would be. I have to say that I absolutely love it. The "B" on the basketball looks great and the black and white color scheme is unique and powerful. Here are the new logos.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users