214 replies to this topic

#121 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Sticks and stones. They're just words (and in this case, words typed over a computer). It's not like she was in his face screaming at him. Did Yormark feel threatened by her words? I doubt it. Could/should he have chosen to take the high road and ignore all of the tweets coming from Devils fans, including LA? Definitely. Should he have expected the barrage of tweets that was to follow after his BS comments about the rats? Absolutely.

If he was my employee, I'd be awfully pissed with his behavior. She's just a fan. But he is a representative/face of a professional organization. Big difference.

Many fans call out team executives for being too distant with fans and being too professional. Take Lou for example. We go after him for being a little too professional on here all the time. Fans are always asking for team ownership/management to be more interactive with fans, but then throw a hissy fit when they try in this case.

They should be held to a certain standard, but not held against a double-standard by fans.

#122 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

So should I tweet every player/coach/management personnel saying they are acting like an ass on every opposing team and hope for a smart-ass response back so I can get free tickets from the Devils?

That's not why she did it though, you are overlooking a pretty fundamental fact here.

Again, two wrongs don't make a right and neither should be rewarded.

Please, she defended the team, and then the team defended her. You are making it out to be a much bigger deal then it actually is.

#123 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,000 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

So she got free suite tickets basically by accident, bfd. Like people don't get comped those anyway depending on who they know. I'm not even sure the Devils gave her the seats directly, I think it was this guy Will who works for the Devils who already had the suite.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#124 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

So should I tweet every player/coach/management personnel saying they are acting like an ass on every opposing team and hope for a smart-ass response back so I can get free tickets from the Devils?

I will agree that what she said is far from the most terrible thing she could have said, but let's not make her out to be some victim. She said a smart ass thing and directed it to his twitter, and he reponded with a smart-ass answer. It was tit for tat and nothing more or less.

You example doesn't work in this context because this didn't start with LA. It started with Yormark and his insane comments about Devils fans throwing the rats. Being a public figure (and one who uses social media extensively), he had to know that he was going to get nasty grams from a number of Devils fans (which he did). It is his responsibility (based upon his position with the team) to handle it with the appropriate decorum, which he clearly did not.
Posted Image

#125 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

It's insane, a lot of news outlets have asked me to do an interview, but I don't really want to. I figured I'd talk to Puck Daddy and that would be that. It all is kind of silly to me, to be honest!

I didn't get the opportunity to talk to him. I thought I might be introduced, but it didn't happen and I couldn't exactly just go knock on the door of his suite and I didn't think it was appropriate to yell down at him from where I was sitting.

I would have yelled any number of remarks down to him, but alas, you must be a better person than I. I mean, he's technically a visiting fan in our building and had he just been some Joe Schmoe in a Panthers sweater, I doubt many people would find it improper for him to be heckled.

#126 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

I will agree that what she said is far from the most terrible thing she could have said, but let's not make her out to be some victim. She said a smart ass thing and directed it to his twitter, and he reponded with a smart-ass answer. It was tit for tat and nothing more or less.

No, obviously you shouldn't do that but you know that response doesn't make sense DM. LA wasn't trying to get tickets and this wasn't something that has happened many times before. It is just a nice innocent thing to do to give her tickets and it is ridiculous that you guys are making a big deal out of that. I am not saying she is a victim at all. But let's not pretend like any of this is that serious...that's what you are doing....it's twitter, a couple insults were thrown around, a fan got free tickets...whoopity doo.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#127 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

That's not why she did it though, you are overlooking a pretty fundamental fact here.

Please, she defended the team, and then the team defended her. You are making it out to be a much bigger deal then it actually is.

Then what explanation did she have other than she was upset about him accusing the Devils fans of throwing rats on the ice? No one held a gun to her head to tweet him then saying he acted like an ass.

The big deal here is the team gave her tickets and thus rewarding bad behavior. Please see my scenario where I put forth the exact same situation but instead between a Flyers fan and Dolan of the Rags. I think we are all looking at this through Devils fan blinders.

#128 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

So she got free suite tickets basically by accident, bfd. Like people don't get comped those anyway depending on who they know. I'm not even sure the Devils gave her the seats directly, I think it was this guy Will who works for the Devils who already had the suite.

no, the devils themselves didn't as in ll or vbk. carafello is the boss of the generals and id bet my last dollar it was a general who was the "friend" who directed her to carafello and he in turn gave her the suite the devils keep for hosts and guests. if anything this was the social media arm of the devils who for some reason felt it necessary.

#129 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

no, the devils themselves didn't as in ll or vbk. carafello is the boss of the generals and id bet my last dollar it was a general who was the "friend" who directed her to carafello and he in turn gave her the suite the devils keep for hosts and guests. if anything this was the social media arm of the devils who for some reason felt it necessary.

Yea, they were most definitely given to her by the team.

#130 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

Many fans call out team executives for being too distant with fans and being too professional. Take Lou for example. We go after him for being a little too professional on here all the time. Fans are always asking for team ownership/management to be more interactive with fans, but then throw a hissy fit when they try in this case.

They should be held to a certain standard, but not held against a double-standard by fans.

There clearly is a different standard for how a team executive must conduct himself/herself in public as compared to how a fan can conduct himself/herself. If you don't understand that, I don't know what to tell you.

And Yormark wasn't interacting with a Panthers fan here. He's getting into an argument with a "rival" fan over TWITTER! How is that remotely the same as some people (I could care less) wanting Lou to be more interactive and less secretive with us? If this is what its like when a team exec. is more interactive with fans, I'll pass. I sure as hell don't want any of the executives from my favorite teams acting like this clown. Maybe that's why I'm not a Jets fan. :giggle:
Posted Image

#131 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

Then what explanation did she have other than she was upset about him accusing the Devils fans of throwing rats on the ice? No one held a gun to her head to tweet him then saying he acted like an ass.

The big deal here is the team gave her tickets and thus rewarding bad behavior. Please see my scenario where I put forth the exact same situation but instead between a Flyers fan and Dolan of the Rags. I think we are all looking at this through Devils fan blinders.

Dude, who gives a sh!t? The team gave her tickets, big fvcking deal. 'Bad behavior'? What is this, elementary school? C'mon DM. Get over it bud. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#132 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Dude, who gives a sh!t? The team gave her tickets, big fvcking deal. 'Bad behavior'? What is this, elementary school? C'mon DM. Get over it bud. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

I;m not the one who did an interview with pictures taken at the game with PuckDaddy within 12 hours of the game.

#133 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

I;m not the one who did an interview with pictures taken at the game with PuckDaddy within 12 hours of the game.

Somebody's jealous!
Posted Image

#134 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,932 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Somebody's jealous!

DM84 you gotta admit that's kinda funny :lol:

#135 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

Exactly what I'm saying.

P.S. MD you have been in rare form these playoffs.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#136 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

Somebody's jealous!

well played lol.

#137 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

Double standard, shmouble shmandard. They're public figures. Dealing with public scrutiny is part of the job requirements.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#138 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

Exactly what I'm saying.

P.S. MD you have been in rare form these playoffs.

Lol, I try to call 'em like I see 'em bro. :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#139 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

Double standard, shmouble shmandard. They're public figures. Dealing with public scrutiny is part of the job requirements.

He's the owner of a team, not an elected official.

#140 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

He's the owner of a team, not an elected official.

Yeah, but he's putting himself out there - hell, with the comments he's making in a public forum, he's inviting it.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users