214 replies to this topic

#141 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

He's the owner of a team, not an elected official.

So was Doc McMullen. Think of all the nice things you've said about him on this public, online forum ....
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#142 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

He's the owner of a team, not an elected official.

He's not the owner, he's the president and COO I believe. Come to think of it, I don't even know who the Panthers' owner is lol.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#143 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

So was Doc McMullen. Think of all the nice things you've said about him on this public, online forum ....

Yes, and if he was still alive and read my comments he has every right to respond to me and send me a smart-ass remark.

Difference is I would either respond back or just not respond at all. Either way we would both probably look like asses and I know my opinion of McMullen is not popular on here. I wouldn't go acting like I was some victim. I reaped what I sowed.

He's not the owner, he's the president and COO I believe. Come to think of it, I don't even know who the Panthers' owner is lol.

Either way, he is not exactly a "public figure" and more of just a businessman who runs a professional sports team. No one elected him.

Edited by DevsMan84, 25 April 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#144 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

I don't even know what is being debated anymore here. That a girl shouldn't have been rewarded with tickets to a friggin' hockey game? or that you shouldn't hurt a team president's feelings?

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#145 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

Didn't think I saw this posted anywhere, but apparently our man here isn't new to these kind of Twitter sparring matches.

Panthers president Yormark sparks bizarre Twitter dispute with local beat writer

"GR[George Richards] has taken the very highest of roads in responding to this mess, but man...what a tale he could tell. Yormark's meetings with members of the local media are underground legend down these here parts".

#146 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

I don't even know what is being debated anymore here. That a girl shouldn't have been rewarded with tickets to a friggin' hockey game? or that you shouldn't hurt a team president's feelings?

I am not arguing that we shouldn't hurt his feelings. I am saying 2 things:

1) If you give a smart ass comment to a team president's twitter, don't complain if he sends a smart ass reply back

2) Devils should not reward bad behavior to fans who get into arguements with other teams management online.

Again, and I can't say this enough, no one here is the good guy.

#147 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

As of a minute or two ago, LA has more followers than Yormark.

I love you, hockey fans.

Edit: I also love TG:

@TGfireandice @LaurenAshley07: 3,221, @panthersyormark: 3,196. Apparently, Lauren's opinion can matter now.

Edited by thelastonealive, 25 April 2012 - 03:18 PM.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#148 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

mcmullen was not a saint or a perfect owner. not that most owners are, but mcmullen blamed all the devils problems on the njsea and nearly moved them twice, once about an inch away. he did have some valid complaints about the njsea and was led on about the success the devils would have here (he was told move a team here opent he dorrs and youll sell out everynight). this was also a multi-millionaire that didnt spend any $ on the team even before lamoriello arrived and complained about the territorial payments he had to make when he relocated the team. mcmullen tried to run the devils on a limited budget (even with LL) and then complained why the devils couldnt get a early foothold with a fan base and pointed fingers instead.

#149 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Yes, and if he was still alive and read my comments he has every right to respond to me and send me a smart-ass remark.

Difference is I would either respond back or just not respond at all. Either way we would both probably look like asses and I know my opinion of McMullen is not popular on here. I wouldn't go acting like I was some victim. I reaped what I sowed.

Isn't that what LA said Yormark was making himself look like? :lol:

Just because people have every right no make asses of themselves doesn't mean they should. If he were alive, I'd hope Doc would find such a response to be beneath him.

As of a minute or two ago, LA has more followers than Yormark.

I love you, hockey fans.

Edit: I also love TG:

@TGfireandice @LaurenAshley07: 3,221, @panthersyormark: 3,196. Apparently, Lauren's opinion can matter now.

Outstanding!
Posted Image

#150 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

Isn't that what LA said Yormark was making himself look like? :lol:

Just because people have every right no make asses of themselves doesn't mean they should. If he were alive, I'd hope Doc would find such a response to be beneath him.

And she looked like an ass for making a smart-ass remark directed at his twitter and then complaining when he replied back with a smart ass remark.

This thread and post has a lot of mention of the word ass. I wonder if you do a google search for ass this thread comes up lol. A lot of perverts will be disappointed.

Edited by DevsMan84, 25 April 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#151 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

Maybe Yormark should give away a few tickets, they had 5500 left this morning for Thursday's game.

http://www.litterbox...devils-playoffs

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#152 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,279 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Then what explanation did she have other than she was upset about him accusing the Devils fans of throwing rats on the ice? No one held a gun to her head to tweet him then saying he acted like an ass.

She doesn't need an explanation to call out someone who is already calling out our fan base. I don't know why she said what she said, but it's pretty obvious that she didn't do it on the off chance of scoring free Devil tickets, which seems to be your premise.

The big deal here is the team gave her tickets and thus rewarding bad behavior. Please see my scenario where I put forth the exact same situation but instead between a Flyers fan and Dolan of the Rags. I think we are all looking at this through Devils fan blinders.

I saw it and I entirely disagree. I would absolutely support a team that supports their fans. Is it always going to be practical to give away a suite? no. It's not a big deal, you know how I know it's not a big deal? a ton of other devil fans also responded to this jackass before and after and didn't get any attention from the devils at all, and yet they aren't complaining about that. Why? because it was never about the tickets (that never existed at the time she posted anyway).

#153 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

Haha, LA has more followers than Yormark now. Awesome.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#154 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

Maybe Yormark should give away a few tickets, they had 5500 left this morning for Thursday's game.

http://www.litterbox...devils-playoffs

5500 left for a Game 7?! When they haven't been to the playoffs in over a decade? Yikes, no wonder the league bent over backwards to put their other games on a weekend.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#155 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

She doesn't need an explanation to call out someone who is already calling out our fan base. I don't know why she said what she said, but it's pretty obvious that she didn't do it on the off chance of scoring free Devil tickets, which seems to be your premise.

I saw it and I entirely disagree. I would absolutely support a team that supports their fans. Is it always going to be practical to give away a suite? no. It's not a big deal, you know how I know it's not a big deal? a ton of other devil fans also responded to this jackass before and after and didn't get any attention from the devils at all, and yet they aren't complaining about that. Why? because it was never about the tickets (that never existed at the time she posted anyway).

Please point out where I said she did it to score free tickets? I never said that at all.

Again:

1) Neither party is in the right here
2) I am not upset at LA. If the Devils offered me free tickets and I was in her shoes, I would have taken it too. Doesn't mean I am in the right or the victim.
3) I am disappointed in the Devils for rewarding a fan for what amounts to an online flaming between a fan and a team exec of an opposing team. The Devils should instead discourage fans from doing this and now that they gave her free tickets, a lot of fans will get the wrong idea and harass other team personnel.

Again, I cannot stress this enough, I am not in any way shape or form upset at her. I am upset at the response by the Devils for what was just a tit for tat online exchange that was inappropriate.

#156 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

5500 left for a Game 7?! When they haven't been to the playoffs in over a decade? Yikes, no wonder the league bent over backwards to put their other games on a weekend.

It sounds bad, but I bet most of the fans were waiting to see if there was going to be a game 7 before buying tickets. Might as well wait a day not to deal with anything. I am sure the game will be sold out Thursday.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#157 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

2) Devils should not reward bad behavior to fans who get into arguements with other teams management online.

You're joking with that line right?

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#158 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

And she looked like an ass for making a smart-ass remark directed at his twitter and then complaining when he replied back with a smart ass remark.

If you think the tweets of a high-ranking executive of a public organization with stock holders and a public relations budget should be held to the same standard as those of a private individual, then no offense but I hope you never become CEO of a company I hold stock in.
Posted Image

#159 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

So everyone thinks what the Devils did was a great idea and is awesome PR as this story gets picked up by media outlets all over...except for one person. Just a smart move by that Devils employee showing they have the back of a fan who was defending the team.

No need for everyone to continue to debate this for 4 pages with only fan arguing against this.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#160 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

You're joking with that line right?

How else would you call it when the head of the online marketing department gives a fan free suite tickets after getting into a spar with an opposing team's president on twitter?

If you think the tweets of a high-ranking executive of a public organization with stock holders and a public relations budget should be held to the same standard as those of a private individual, then no offense but I hope you never become CEO of a company I hold stock in.

Steve Jobs was famous for sending smart-ass replies to customers who complained about his products. Hell one of his greatest was his reply to a person who emailed him about the antenna problem with the iphone 4. Yet he is still loved and admired by a lot of people.

So everyone thinks what the Devils did was a great idea and is awesome PR as this story gets picked up by media outlets all over...except for one person. Just a smart move by that Devils employee showing they have the back of a fan who was defending the team.

No need for everyone to continue to debate this for 4 pages with only fan arguing against this.

Some have agreed with me on this forum, and dozens agree with me in the comments on the article

Puck Daddy

But I expect the response of "Well those are probably Panthers fans, rags fans, philly fans, etc.."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users