413 replies to this topic

#361 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

most of you should be ashamed of yourselves with the way you act. for fvcks sake, get behind your team. we're going to game 7.

Haha exactly. "OH NO, GAME IS TIED 2-2, WE HAVE NO CHANCE TO WIN THIS!!"

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#362 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:57 AM

Marty looked slow. It's a good thing our new strategy is not to let the other team shoot. Hopefully he plays decent in game 7 :pray:
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#363 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,125 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

The thread's about what I expected it to be...a lot of criticisms, doom-and-gloom, some fans giving up even though the Devils never trailed. Such is life at njdevs.com. That being said, I can understand where it all comes from...this is not a team that inspires confidence right now...from Brodeur on out, it's so hard to tell what you're going to get from this group, almost from period to period. I couldn't begin to guess how Game 7 might go...it wouldn't surprise me if the Devils won, but it wouldn't surprise me if they found themselves down 3-0 halfway through the first period either. As a matter of fact, I don't think ANY Game 7 outcome would shock me at this point.

I had a feeling the Devils were going to pull it out last night after it got to be 2-2, though I have no idea why...last night had the look of a game that would have us all screaming "Good LORD how the fvck did they not win?!" by the time it ended, and when it went into OT, I was beyond nervous, but yet calm at the same time, strange as that may sound.

If they win Game 7, I'll admit that from then on, I think the Devils really are playing with house money.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 25 April 2012 - 06:38 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#364 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

IIRC, Brodeur is now 13-21 in Playoff OTs.

Thankfully we won & have a chance in Game 7 to win this thing. It al depends on which of our teams shows up. Please don't drink the potion, Dr Jekyll !

#365 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

Huge game, huge win. Now it's a best of 1. The Devils can absolutely win it. They need to play solid defense again, tighten up in their own zone (here's looking at Peter Harrold), and keep scoring. Just get more and more pucks on net, Clemmensen or Theodore it doesn't make a difference. They can absolutely win. Second round would be so sweet!

#366 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

Posted Image

Nice to see two Devils there, even though we were the only game for them to choose from last night...

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#367 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

According to Sarah Kwak's gamer on SI.com, Bernier's goal last night was the fourth one this series scored by the fourth line. Considering that the fourth line scored all of, what, one goal (?) all regular season, that's pretty remarkable.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#368 cheggy89

cheggy89

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

Posted Image

#369 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,697 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

According to Sarah Kwak's gamer on SI.com, Bernier's goal last night was the fourth one this series scored by the fourth line. Considering that the fourth line scored all of, what, one goal (?) all regular season, that's pretty remarkable.

Can you imagine how it would have been if we used these guys on our 4th line from almost the start of the season instead of constantly starting either one or both of the Neanderthals that are currently sitting?

#370 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

But it's not the 4th line of Janssen and Boulton doing it...
Bernier got 3rd star last night at the game... also, Stephen Gionta is showing great things in the playoffs for a 4th liner.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#371 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

Posted Image

Explanation on goal celebration:

Zajac: You can't catch me
Kovy- Yes I can! (Hook misses)
Zajac: Ha! You Misse <Parise slams into Zajac>

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#372 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

enough of the hybrid, its time for a big padded butterfly goalie with a fast glove. you shouldnt get eaten up by an on the ice wrister from the top of the circles, or even the slight redirect. you need to cover the ice surface

how many times has harrold made a sweet move behind the net, skates away, and then makes a horrible pass to fla? lol, patience son! still loving his quick play

if kovy clarkson and volch were anywhere near 100% this series wouldnt be close, but it is what it is

c'mon guys one more series

#373 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

Anyone blaming Marty for the first goal needs to stop drinking paint thinner. That was a brutal redirection. He looked shaky last night for sure, but that first goal was just a bad bounce. Nothing more.
Posted Image

#374 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

If they win Game 7, I'll admit that from then on, I think the Devils really are playing with house money.

You're playing with house money ... until you're up big at the table then lose it all. Then it doesn't feel like house money anymore. :D

#375 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

Posted Image

We're lucky Parise and Zajac aren't hospitalized with that flying leap he took at him :D

This team is definitely severely bipolar, I feel like game 7 is beyond predicting.
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#376 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Well tonight is basically the pinnacle of my sporting year in terms of the teams i support. Devils face elimination and Chelsea take on Barcelona for a placen in the champions league final.

LETS GO DEVILS !!!!!!

I assume you have had worse nights in your life

#377 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

the only way we win this game is by not allowing another SHOT the rest of the game. I've never seen a sack o crap goalie as finished as brodeur is right now. I don't care how much he wants to come back next year. He is absolutely finished and is holding this team back. With a competent goalie we are ahead 3-2 in the series right now and 2-0 in the game, ready to close this out. Instead it's the opposite

The rest of the team hasn't been perfect, but marty is the main culprit. And he needs to go

Were you even watching the game, or just checking the save%? Without a pair of huge saves by Marty in the first period, this never even would have been a game. The first goal was a deflected shot, and the second was an unmarked man (unmarked because Parise and Kovie were tripped without calls in the Panthers' zone). I understand that Brodeur wasn't challenged much, but he made all of the saves that we needed, and mostly controlled rebounds while doing so.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#378 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

I happily and regretfully eat all my negative words tonight folks. :cheers:
But still, they got lucky, they have to play with that urgency through periods 2 and 3 in Game 7.

Were we watching the same game? They didn't get lucky. They dominated that game. If anything, the puck bouncing in off of Poni on the first goal, and the complete blown call on the Kovy trip that directly led to the 2nd is more unlucky than anything else. They controlled the play all night long. They DESERVED that win.

Reading this thread made me laugh.
Posted Image

#379 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

We're lucky Parise and Zajac aren't hospitalized with that flying leap he took at him :D

Parise may be hearing from Shanahan today... e5 Єklund (2.3% accurate) rumor! jk

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#380 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

Were we watching the same game? They didn't get lucky. They dominated that game. If anything, the puck bouncing in off of Poni on the first goal, and the complete blown call on the Kovy trip that directly led to the 2nd is more unlucky than anything else. They controlled the play all night long. They DESERVED that win.

Reading this thread made me laugh.

+1
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users