413 replies to this topic

#401 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

Good post. The game was just plain nutty. It was hard to believe the Devils were dominating territorially when the team was playing very jumpy after the Panthers came back to tie it.

I was hanging on every puck that went Brodeur's way. He made some key saves, like another poster pointed out, but it seemed like everything Brodeur was involved in was going to be an adventure. It made the usual tenseness of playoff hockey especially tense.

I'm glad we're not playing tonight. I need a break.:D

It seems like a lot of people here have said that Marty played shaky. I just thought he was trying so hard not to give up any goals that he was overplaying the puck at times. Other than that, I thought he was on top of things.

The Panthers style last night was very simple.. Rush up the side of the ice with 2 other forwards also rushing up (one in the center of the ice an the other near the far boards.. Pick carrier looks for pass.. If no pass, keep formation into the zone and throw puck to top of crease or on goal.. Results in fewer shots and time in our zone, but generates good chances

We try to actually setup an offense, so we wind up with more shots and more time in their end, but we don't get the chaos of the rush or the chaos of the goalie sliding over to try and make a save.. Just a different style imo

Thanks for breaking down the Panthers strategy. Watching on TV last night, I was so focused on the Devils that I couldn't really figure out what the Panthers were doing. Chico commented that Florida was playing relaxed and "cool" because the pressure was more on the Devils.

#402 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

Thanks for breaking down the Panthers strategy. Watching on TV last night, I was so focused on the Devils that I couldn't really figure out what the Panthers were doing. Chico commented that Florida was playing relaxed and "cool" because the pressure was more on the Devils.

Yea, they definitely were. They seemed to be playing for OT in the 3rd. They had like maybe 2 scoring chances total in that period, but they were scary for sure. I think it was Goc that almost pulled it off but Marty made that odd out of net save.

#403 gata

gata

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

Posted Image

This is beautiful ! :yea:

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#404 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

I cant believe the negativity on here sometimes. I got back from the game, and expected this place to be celebrating instead half the people here were complaining. They played a great game and won in overtime with our top line coming through. Yes the pp was bad, but after watching them the whole season that shud be expected. The only thing lucky was that the team bailed brodeur out. He looked shaky, but he usually rebounds from bad performances so im hoping that happens in game 7. If they can duplicate last nights performance with a confident brodeur in net, we will win

Posted Image

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#405 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Turn on HD. Full screen. Enjoy. :koolaid:

So many things happening that led up to that goal. Parise's incredible backcheck. Weiss shooting wide. Mad scramble. Zajac pulling it out. Panthers falling back a bit into neutral zone. Zajac not going full speed. Puck getting caught up in Kovy. Parise whacking it by the Panther player. Kovy settling the puck and protecting from the Panther stick. Elevating the pass to Zajac. Zajac settling it. Zajac cutting to the inside, shooting, and...forcing a game 7! :gd:

#406 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

Turn on HD. Full screen. Enjoy.

Thanks Mayday, I wanted to hear Steve's call...wasn't able to find it.

#407 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Zajac looks like such a hobo on skates.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#408 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

stadium went absolutely bezerk when they scored in OT. By far the best playoff game i've ever witnessed.

#409 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

I feel like people saying things like "this is the loudest I have ever heard Devils fans" or "best playoff game ever" either have long forgotten the days at CAA or never experienced them. I feel like when that building was filled at playoff time, while more wide open, felt fuller and louder. It was crazy when we would score against Dallas in '00...goals of course were harder to come by then...especially in that series.

Even in the regular season though, I feel like CAA doesn't get enough respect when it comes excitement and noise level...it was amazing the time Oliwa got thrown out of the game for obliterating a guy and the whole stadium was chanting, "Oliwa." At the start of '00-'01 when the crowd was chanting "We Want Arnott," it was so loud the players on the ice were laughing. Nothing at the Rock has ever come close to that for me.

#410 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,856 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

I feel like people saying things like "this is the loudest I have ever heard Devils fans" or "best playoff game ever" either have long forgotten the days at CAA or never experienced them. I feel like when that building was filled at playoff time, while more wide open, felt fuller and louder. It was crazy when we would score against Dallas in '00...goals of course were harder to come by then...especially in that series.

Even in the regular season though, I feel like CAA doesn't get enough respect when it comes excitement and noise level...it was amazing the time Oliwa got thrown out of the game for obliterating a guy and the whole stadium was chanting, "Oliwa." At the start of '00-'01 when the crowd was chanting "We Want Arnott," it was so loud the players on the ice were laughing. Nothing at the Rock has ever come close to that for me.

Man those were sweet times and so true.

I remember the whole arena going nuts when Daneyko scored in game 1 of the 2000 finals.

#411 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

I remember the whole arena going nuts when Daneyko scored in game 1 of the 2000 finals.

Yes, this.

#412 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

I know this will never happen, but I think I'd have more confidence going into Game 7 with Moose in net. With Hedberg, you know what you're going to get. With Marty, lately, it's feast or famine.

#413 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,060 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

The building was literally rocking back and forth during game 7 of the Finals in 2003. The upper deck was literally swaying. I've NEVER been at a louder game than that. It was absolute mania.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#414 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

There was definitely a drumline from a high school marching band there the last 2 home games. I found this on Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkYBDV9FtVs

I'm just impressed those guys (and girls) made it from inside the upper bowl to out the door in under 10 minutes :evil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users