#142 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

I don't see that.

yeah im not sure i see that either. some people need to calm the fvck down on here. the game is tied, we haven't lost anything yet, and we're starting the 3rd on the PP..
LET'S GO DEVILS

#143 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,325 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

The Devils outshot the Panthers 16-4 in the 2nd period yet its 2-2. Frustrating. Outshooting the Panthers 29-10 for the game.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#144 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Upshall mugs our player and cheap shots him 2 or 3 times, ahh two minutes will do! Another wonderful decision by the officials

#145 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

I'm sorry, as much as my NJ heart wants to see this turn out well, my brain is telling me a PP goal against in the 3rd, soft goal, or at best a gut-wrenching OT goal is where this thing is going.
These guys just don't respond well to adversity - there's some bad ju-ju in their heads or something.
FLA had zero expectations to live up - just getting to the dance was enough. All the pressure is on NJ - they were supposed to dominate, they thought they were better, and now they know they are 20 minutes from the most painful, embarassing loss since CAR Game 7.

Trying to keep the faith here...
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#146 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Marty has been bad in this game. Maybe he's hurt too. That's everyones excuse these days...

#147 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

Upshall mugs our player and cheap shots him 2 or 3 times, ahh two minutes will do! Another wonderful decision by the officials

What do you want, a penalty shot? Four minutes?

I've got news for ya. The refs ain't screwing us.

#148 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

Marty has been bad in this game. Maybe he's hurt too. That's everyones excuse these days...

Yeah I didn't want to say it.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#149 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

I'm sorry, as much as my NJ heart wants to see this turn out well, my brain is telling me a PP goal against in the 3rd, soft goal, or at best a gut-wrenching OT goal is where this thing is going.
These guys just don't respond well to adversity - there's some bad ju-ju in their heads or something.
FLA had zero expectations to live up - just getting to the dance was enough. All the pressure is on NJ - they were supposed to dominate, they thought they were better, and now they know they are 20 minutes from the most painful, embarassing loss since CAR Game 7.

Very frustrating. There is definitely some bad ju-ju, and Brodeur ain't helping.

#150 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

Versteeg's goal definitely pinballed off someone in front. Could see it on the first replay, but then they never showed that angle again so I couldn't tell who it went off of.

Second FLA goal is on the refs.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#151 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

Score early in the 3rd, take care of business our side of the blue line. Nothing more.
This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

#152 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

imo, its not head games or karma or juju or anything else. theres too much roster turnover and new coach for that kind of carryover from past playoff seasons.

this team just has glaring weaknesses that get exposed in the most frustrating ways.

#153 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

Second FLA goal is on the refs.

I blame the 4 on 2 on the refs. But Marty should have stopped the initial shot.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#154 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

the only way we win this game is by not allowing another SHOT the rest of the game. I've never seen a sack o crap goalie as finished as brodeur is right now. I don't care how much he wants to come back next year. He is absolutely finished and is holding this team back. With a competent goalie we are ahead 3-2 in the series right now and 2-0 in the game, ready to close this out. Instead it's the opposite

The rest of the team hasn't been perfect, but marty is the main culprit. And he needs to go
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#155 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

Versteeg's goal definitely pinballed off someone in front. Could see it on the first replay, but then they never showed that angle again so I couldn't tell who it went off of.

It looks like it hit off Poni's skate

#156 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

What do you want, a penalty shot? Four minutes?

I've got news for ya. The refs ain't screwing us.

I would like four minutes since he cheapshotted him multiple times but... Maybe it's just frustration getting to me.

#157 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

If FLA scores first this team will turtle for sure.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#158 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

It looks like it hit off Poni's skate

Thats what it looked like to me and it would explain why Ponikarovsky was upset with himself. Just unfortunate that no one on the Devils picked up Versteeg in time.

I don't have a problem with Upshall just getting 2 minutes. When it comes to the playoffs I'd rather see the refs let the players play and make obvious calls like Upshall's roughing, but not go overboard with double minors or misconducts. I feel like the refs have been fairly decent tonight but thats just my opinion.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#159 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

Take it in folks

This is likely the final time Parise will ever be seen in a Devils jersey (Brodeur will make sure of it) then it's off to Detroit where those #90 Parise jerseys will be flying off the shelf

a fine exhibition of shooting high and wide on the devs pp thus far.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#160 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

Maybe it's just frustration getting to me.

I hear you. I am edgy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users