74 replies to this topic

#21 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

I went to the one for game 5 and didnt get ziti.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQXx8z0ERbQ

Edited by BlueSkirt, 25 April 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#22 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

haha

#23 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Epic response to that statement!!!
Posted Image

#24 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

Senators are doing it right for a game 7 viewing at their arena tomorrow night.

Posted Image

Edited by devilsrule33, 25 April 2012 - 08:06 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#25 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

Now if I knew the Devils were doing what Ottawa was doing I'd be a lot more interested in going. It's pretty easy to lower those things too so the Devils could do it for tomorrow night if they wanted to.

#26 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

Someone forward the pic to the Devils and/or arena management. Who knows, maybe no one thought of it.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#27 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

You mean they DON'T lower it? Ive never gone to the Rock to watch a game on TV and am probably not going to go tomorrow, but still.

#28 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Well the Devils didn't lower it for Game 1 but the viewing party was limited on the ledge in the middle of the arena so there was no point of doing it then...since they're doing it in the lounge down below for Game 7 they could possibly do it.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#29 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

Funny how if they did this in Canada or other markets they could fill the building and then some, but do it here and it's one complaint after another over what's basically a free event to attend, other than a lousy couple bucks to split parking with another person.

And yes, I wouldn't blame people for not showing up because of the game time, that's brutal. But complaining about most of the other stuff is silly.

majority of the people on this board complain about something.
it's a nice gesture, don't go if you don't want to.
But bashing it for no reason is just stupid.
The cost of opening the building is more than the little money the team will make.

Can the Devils management ever catch a break on this site, holy sh!t

#30 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

I wish they were doing something at Texas Arizona again. I cant bear the Rock and their prices when you can go to a better place with better food. It also seems weird going to watch a game in the arena on TV.

I'm sure people will show up to Texas Arizona anyway.

I think I'm going to Texas Arizona tomorrow night with some people. Let's bombard their Twitter with requests to put the Devils sound on! Strength in numbers...

#31 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

$9 beer to watch it on a screen is enough to bash it.

#32 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

I wish they were doing something at Texas Arizona again. I cant bear the Rock and their prices when you can go to a better place with better food. It also seems weird going to watch a game in the arena on TV.

Yuck went to 2 viewing parties there and they both sucked.. Treated it like they had them just to make more money.. Provided my full rant on HF.. Never going back there to watch another game

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#33 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

Yuck went to 2 viewing parties there and they both sucked.. Treated it like they had them just to make more money.. Provided my full rant on HF.. Never going back there to watch another game

Well that sucks. Ive been there quite a few times, but not attended any of the previous viewing parties.

#34 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

Was think about going with some friends but got banned for
The rock Tuesday night
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#35 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

Was think about going with some friends but got banned for
The rock Tuesday night

banned from the Rock? for what?
Posted Image

#36 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

Just wondering, what happened at Texas Arizona?

I went to about 6 viewing parties this past year, only 1 or 2 did I really enjoy.

#37 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

banned from the Rock? for what?

Start of OT 3 fans sitting next to me and my girl were stand up and cheering, security got involved and were trying to eject them. Mean while I have 4 security guards standing in front of me, so I told them I can't see the game . One security guard told my fiancé to " shut the f*ck up , we're trying to do our jobs"

So I stood up to watch the game cause I couldt see a thing, next thing I know I'm getting told to leave cause I'm standing. I took it as a joke and didn't even react to them. Next thing I know Im getting dragged out by 5 security guards.

That got to the top of the concourse, the arena erupts cause we scored. I'm not happy with the prudential center or the devils at the way this is being handled. We pay a lot of money for season tickets, and I get treated like a criminal.
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#38 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

I will be on my comfortable couch with tons of food watching on my 62" HD!!!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#39 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

they said they WILL be lowering the jumbotron according to an email response from marketing

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#40 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

I mean, it is a bar in Hoboken of all places. I say it that way because most of the bars in Hoboken charge COVER just to get in! So, for me, a place that's showing the game on multiple screens and possibly with the sound on is good enough for me. But I'm a really easy customer! I'd sit in a parking lot with bums if they had a TV to huddle around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users