74 replies to this topic

#41 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,879 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

Start of OT 3 fans sitting next to me and my girl were stand up and cheering, security got involved and were trying to eject them. Mean while I have 4 security guards standing in front of me, so I told them I can't see the game . One security guard told my fiancé to " shut the f*ck up , we're trying to do our jobs"

So I stood up to watch the game cause I couldt see a thing, next thing I know I'm getting told to leave cause I'm standing. I took it as a joke and didn't even react to them. Next thing I know Im getting dragged out by 5 security guards.

That got to the top of the concourse, the arena erupts cause we scored. I'm not happy with the prudential center or the devils at the way this is being handled. We pay a lot of money for season tickets, and I get treated like a criminal.

Is there is a rule against standing up in front of your seat at the Rock?

#42 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

I mean, it is a bar in Hoboken of all places. I say it that way because most of the bars in Hoboken charge COVER just to get in! So, for me, a place that's showing the game on multiple screens and possibly with the sound on is good enough for me. But I'm a really easy customer! I'd sit in a parking lot with bums if they had a TV to huddle around.

Huddled around a TV in a parking lot with bums is the way to go! I'll bring the booze =)

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#43 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,341 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

Start of OT 3 fans sitting next to me and my girl were stand up and cheering, security got involved and were trying to eject them. Mean while I have 4 security guards standing in front of me, so I told them I can't see the game . One security guard told my fiancé to " shut the f*ck up , we're trying to do our jobs"

So I stood up to watch the game cause I couldt see a thing, next thing I know I'm getting told to leave cause I'm standing. I took it as a joke and didn't even react to them. Next thing I know Im getting dragged out by 5 security guards.

That got to the top of the concourse, the arena erupts cause we scored. I'm not happy with the prudential center or the devils at the way this is being handled. We pay a lot of money for season tickets, and I get treated like a criminal.

You should have told them that you were just following Kevin Clark's orders to STAND UP AND MAKE....SOME.....NNNNOOOIIISSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!

#44 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

You should have told them that you were just following Kevin Clark's orders to STAND UP AND MAKE....SOME.....NNNNOOOIIISSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!

I brought up Kevin Clark a dozen times when I was in the security room. I understand that alls I have to do is write a letter of apololigy and I'll be reinstated. Which I am doing. But this issue is leaving a bad taste in mouth
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#45 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,341 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

I brought up Kevin Clark a dozen times when I was in the security room. I understand that alls I have to do is write a letter of apololigy and I'll be reinstated. Which I am doing. But this issue is leaving a bad taste in mouth

It would too for me.

Was one of the security guards the big goofy looking guy with the bad hair plugs?

#46 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,018 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

That really sucks. I'd be too stubborn/pissed to fake an apology letter but good for you for being the bigger man. Just wondering, if you get banned from an arena, wouldn't it be hard for them to find you again? Sure they have cameras and security at the doors but I doubt they actively search for people throughout the night. I'd just wear a hat or something but that's just me. :P

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#47 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,667 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

Is there is a rule against standing up in front of your seat at the Rock?

How can there be a rule against it when they sanction fans standing in 122?

It's not polite to do it in other sections when others may not want to stand (like the two guys in 120 that were trying to get everyone to stand, but when they did I literally couldn't see anything unless I stood), but it's not something you should get thrown out for unless you got warned and didn't abide by the request.

It's especially tacky of them to hassle you if it was other security guards causing you to stand, but our ushers do have a rep for hassling our fans and letting other team's fans slide.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 26 April 2012 - 10:16 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#48 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

It would too for me.

Was one of the security guards the big goofy looking guy with the bad hair plugs?

One had weird braids in a pony tail, one had chipped up teeth, and another was younger and he was the first to put his hands on my neck

#49 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

Just wondering, what happened at Texas Arizona?

I went to about 6 viewing parties this past year, only 1 or 2 did I really enjoy.

Well it's a small place and the let all of the after work happy hour crowd in so half the tables had people in suits trying to carry conversations and they were not watching the game.. Ok fine

So we put our name down 45 minutes before puck drop.. Halfway through the game we realize that people are just jumping on tables as they open up and the bar isn't using their list.. So we had to sit outside on a chilly night and look through windows and people to catch glimpses of the game

Then they advertise $5 Jamison shots after the win, so next time my waitress comes by I go to town with my buddies.. Bill comes and we got charged $7 per shot.. I argue and the waitress goes "oh that expired by the time you ordered".. Well yeah it took you 20 minutes to come back to our table, what was I supposed to do

And I'll add that the reason they keep getting parties is cause a higher up with the team, or maybe its a player, is related to the owner so he keeps demanding that he get the prime viewing parties.. These parties are a service to good, local NJ bars, not some money-making birthright you deserve because you know someone with some pull on the inside
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#50 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

I want to make it clear that I wasn't standing and blocking people's view, I stood cause the security was blocking my veil of he ice

#51 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,341 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

Well it's a small place and the let all of the after work happy hour crowd in so half the tables had people in suits trying to carry conversations and they were not watching the game.. Ok fine

So we put our name down 45 minutes before puck drop.. Halfway through the game we realize that people are just jumping on tables as they open up and the bar isn't using their list.. So we had to sit outside on a chilly night and look through windows and people to catch glimpses of the game

Then they advertise $5 Jamison shots after the win, so next time my waitress comes by I go to town with my buddies.. Bill comes and we got charged $7 per shot.. I argue and the waitress goes "oh that expired by the time you ordered".. Well yeah it took you 20 minutes to come back to our table, what was I supposed to do

And I'll add that the reason they keep getting parties is cause a higher up with the team, or maybe its a player, is related to the owner so he keeps demanding that he get the prime viewing parties.. These parties are a service to good, local NJ bars, not some money-making birthright you deserve because you know someone with some pull on the inside

Wow that is pretty terrible. While most of my issues with the viewing parties are kinda minor, the one big issue with a lot of the viewing parties are the bars are looking at these as some sort of afterthought. They advertise it as some big event for Devils fans and when you get there, you are instead greeted with either a pretty small reserved section or no reserved section at all for the viewing party and competing with the happy hour/regulars customers. Happened at Miami Mike's and at Blackthorn and it sounds like it happened at Texas-Arizona and that one in Bergan County.

#52 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

I think it's maybe because I work in Manhattan and pretty much hang out in Manhattan 99% of the time, but I'm so used to this stuff unfortunately. Can't really go out in Manhattan and pay less than $10 for Jameson or $7-8 for drafts. And the suits, oh the suits are everywhere.

So for me, somewhere that's showing the Devils game on more than one TV and possibly with the sound on, it's a rare treat. It's right near the PATH, an absolute dream to get to, and the fact that there will be people in Devils jerseys is the deal maker. I think most of the people working in the city that would end up attending this place would agree.

There's always a tavern somewhere in Kearny or Secaucus that could be more fun and probably has $2 drafts and better service, but we can't really make the trip. So Texas Arizona's fine by me.

Two weeks ago, I went to the Flying Puck, right near MSG, to watch Game 1. I really had no other options at the time, having just gotten out of work late. It's a "Rangers bar" and a lot of fans go there to watch the Rangers games. Luckily, there were a good 20 Devils fans in their Devils gear that took the place over. We had some drinks, bought each other shots. I think it ended up being at least $60 per person at the end of the game.

Unfortunately, that's the grim reality of our local area, especially its proximity to Manhattan and all the wealthy neighborhoods and business districts within it. Unfortunately we have to trade some things like cost and service for convenience and public transportation, etc... That's fine by me, because I REALLY don't want to watch this game in NYC and be down $150 on a ridiculous bill at the end of the night. Texas Arizona it is for me unless some other Hoboken bar writes on Twitter that they'll be putting it on the projector with the sound on, then I'm there!

Edited by DJ Eco, 26 April 2012 - 10:55 AM.

#53 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

I want to make it clear that I wasn't standing and blocking people's view, I stood cause the security was blocking my veil of he ice

That entire situation sucks. You should write to JVB and explain the situation. If nothing else, you might get an apology from the team, although it won't make up for missing Zajac's goal and being put on the banned list.

While it must kill you to have to apologize for something that was not your fault, I would probably eat my pride and write the apology as well if I was in your shoes.
Posted Image

#54 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

I think it's maybe because I work in Manhattan and pretty much hang out in Manhattan 99% of the time, but I'm so used to this stuff unfortunately. Can't really go out in Manhattan and pay less than $10 for Jameson or $7-8 for drafts. And the suits, oh the suits are everywhere.

So for me, somewhere that's showing the Devils game on more than one TV and possibly with the sound on, it's a rare treat. It's right near the PATH, an absolute dream to get to, and the fact that there will be people in Devils jerseys is the deal maker. I think most of the people working in the city that would end up attending this place would agree.

There's always a tavern somewhere in Kearny or Secaucus that could be more fun and probably has $2 drafts and better service, but we can't really make the trip. So Texas Arizona's fine by me.

Two weeks ago, I went to the Flying Puck, right near MSG, to watch Game 1. I really had no other options at the time, having just gotten out of work late. It's a "Rangers bar" and a lot of fans go there to watch the Rangers games. Luckily, there were a good 20 Devils fans in their Devils gear that took the place over. We had some drinks, bought each other shots. I think it ended up being at least $60 per person at the end of the game.

Unfortunately, that's the grim reality of our local area, especially its proximity to Manhattan and all the wealthy neighborhoods and business districts within it. Unfortunately we have to trade some things like cost and service for convenience and public transportation, etc... That's fine by me, because I REALLY don't want to watch this game in NYC and be down $150 on a ridiculous bill at the end of the night. Texas Arizona it is for me unless some other Hoboken bar writes on Twitter that they'll be putting it on the projector with the sound on, then I'm there!

I haven't been to any of these viewing parties, but I used to live in Hoboken and when we wanted to watch a big sporting event at a bar, we used to go to Black Bear on Washington St. (3 blocks from the PATH). Went there a couple of times in the early 2000's and they used to show the Devils on the big projector with the sound on. Plus, they used to reserve the 2nd floor for large parties on occasion. It seems to me like that would be a better place than TX-AZ for a viewing party, but it seems like TX-AZ has some sort of "in" with the team as someone said earlier.

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 26 April 2012 - 01:21 PM.

Posted Image

#55 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

And I'll add that the reason they keep getting parties is cause a higher up with the team, or maybe its a player, is related to the owner so he keeps demanding that he get the prime viewing parties.

Yea, Marty's best man or something is the owner.

#56 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

I haven't been to any of these viewing parties, but I used to live in Hoboken and when we wanted to watch a big sporting event at a bar, we used to go to Black Bear on Washington St. (3 blocks from the PATH). Went there a couple of times in the early 2000's and they used to show the Devils on the big projector with the sound on. Plus, they used to reserve the 2nd floor for large parties on occasion. It seems to me like that would be a better place than TX-AZ for a viewing party, but it seems like TX-AZ has some sort of "in" with the team as someone said earlier.

Black Bear had the Rangers game on the big screen on Saturday when they were head to head. I went to Texas Arizona on Saturday and had a good time. There were a bunch of Devils fans, the game was on most of the TVs, the sound was turned up high, the sampler platter was awesome for $20 ($10 off) and the service was awesome for the most part. Only reason why I would be hesitant to go back is the loss.
Posted Image

#57 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,879 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Black Bear had the Rangers game on the big screen on Saturday when they were head to head. I went to Texas Arizona on Saturday and had a good time. There were a bunch of Devils fans, the game was on most of the TVs, the sound was turned up high, the sampler platter was awesome for $20 ($10 off) and the service was awesome for the most part. Only reason why I would be hesitant to go back is the loss.

That is lame.

#58 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Black Bear has a bunch of Rangers memorabilia everywhere, and no Devils stuff. I'm not sure where their allegiances lie, although I do remember them having some viewing parties, but that had to have been several years ago..

#59 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

Black Bear is a Rangers-heavy bar. There's been viewing parties there, but nothing in the last two years.

Hoboken Bar & Grill is owned by a Devils season ticket holder who used to own a bar in West Caldwell, I believe, and is/was friendly with members of the organization. They're a more Devils-friendly bar than Black Bear is for sure.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#60 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,267 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

it was awesome BTW, atmosphere was crazy there was around 2000 people

"THREW ONE IN FRONT IT’S BLOCKED THERE, SCRAMBLE FOR IT THERE THEY POKE AWAY AT IT, STILL ITS LOOSE, POKED AT BY KOVALCHUK-
THEY SCOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEE!!!!! HENRIQUE!! ITS OVER!!”

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users