74 replies to this topic

#61 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

That's what they said on TV...I would have had to leave at some point if I had gone cause I wasn't staying 'there' till this late, then driving home lol, but boy it would have been nice to be there at that moment.

2000+ is impressive on not even two days' notice considering this is still relatively new, imagine if they'd had this game at a decent hour?
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#62 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

there was only like 30 or so people there until 7:45, they mentioned it during the game and everyone went crazy lol
and the place went absolutely BONKERS when we scored, complete with goal horn

and kevin clark.

Although he did stifle himself more tonight (obviously). He kept everything short and sweet, only popping in rarely to announce NJ and make goal announcements.

But of course, as I was sitting there during a 2nd period TV-time out, what do i hear but:

"HEEEEEEEY DEVILS FANS! GET ON YOUR FEET, WAVE THOSE TOWELS, AND MAKE SOME NOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIISEEEEE!"

once overtime came around the place was dead silent, the only sounds were the pieces of skin being bitten off everyones fingers.

food was cheap as sh!t too (save for beer)
overall a pretty awesome night.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil, 27 April 2012 - 12:41 AM.

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#63 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

How much of the crowd stayed through both OT's?
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#64 Stolen

Stolen

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

id say a lot

#65 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

a large portion like anywhere from 75-90%

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#66 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,281 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

As much as I dislike his restaurant, I cannot call him a dumb man. Miami Mike's had an NFL/Rangers/Devils viewing party last night and pictures are up on facebook with him in a Rags jersey.

lol what a salesman.

#67 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

yea the viewing party at the rock was pretty good.!!
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#68 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

As much as I dislike his restaurant, I cannot call him a dumb man. Miami Mike's had an NFL/Rangers/Devils viewing party last night and pictures are up on facebook with him in a Rags jersey.

lol what a salesman.

miami mike doesnt hide it but his business connections with the former owner/manager of sports express he tends to go along with the devils flow. personally it annoys me but this is also a guy thats owns a bar that caters to dolphins fans 4 miles or so from where the jets are hq'd.

#69 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

Yeah that's the real reason I don't like Miami Mike's all that much, it's too Dolphin-centric for a Jets fan, but two friends of mine always go there and until recently they had the only viewing parties in the area. I did shy away from going there Games 5 and 7 cause I knew Ranger games were on as well so I figured the bar would be split.

I'd definitely go to the Rock for any future ones except for Game 2 which I'll be busy during.

#70 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

miami mike doesnt hide it but his business connections with the former owner/manager of sports express he tends to go along with the devils flow. personally it annoys me but this is also a guy thats owns a bar that caters to dolphins fans 4 miles or so from where the jets are hq'd.

Elsewhere on the board we have posts from people who would like a Devils bar in Manhattan... you know, where the Rangers are "hq'd". The juxtaposition is astounding.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#71 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

Elsewhere on the board we have posts from people who would like a Devils bar in Manhattan... you know, where the Rangers are "hq'd". The juxtaposition is astounding.

yeah, its astounding that fans rooting for a team in the same media market and would like to spread their fanbase in a place where another team they compete against is.

that's really the same thing as having a bar catering to a team 1,000 miles away to one 4 miles away isn't it?

#72 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

Not really, a lot of Devil fans do work in Manhattan. I seriously doubt there's a big Miami Dolphin fanbase here, though ironically we have a few of their fans that post on this board including MadDog.

I agree it doesn't make much sense to have one there when there are plenty of places in New Jersey and we're trying to market ourselves as Jersey's team, but it's not like the bars 'here' don't get overrun with Ranger fans anyway.

#73 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,752 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

Yeah, I don't really see a problem with the location of the bar lol. Too bad Miami Mike is a Ranger fan, but at least he got half of it right I guess. :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#74 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,752 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

Not really, a lot of Devil fans do work in Manhattan. I seriously doubt there's a big Miami Dolphin fanbase here, though ironically we have a few of their fans that post on this board including MadDog.

I agree it doesn't make much sense to have one there when there are plenty of places in New Jersey and we're trying to market ourselves as Jersey's team, but it's not like the bars 'here' don't get overrun with Ranger fans anyway.

To the contrary, there's actually a very sizeable number of Dolphins fans around here. We're probably less noticable than in previous years because the team has sucked for pretty much the last 10 years. If you go a Fins-Jets game up here, there's always a good amount of Fins fans there.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#75 dantheman2299

dantheman2299

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

I had a great time at the game 1 viewing. free food and a chance to watch the game with 200+ fans in the acela bar. Watching at home it nice and cheap but watching with other fans at the rock you can't beat it!!! IT would be really cool if they could get a huge crowd at the rock away games!! i live in PA and repping the devils population here, anyone going to a game in phili even though it will probably be more expensive than up at the rock? Also can't have a bunch of phailadelphians at the rock for game 3 and 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users