264 replies to this topic

#221 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

He's from Minnesota. Maybe culture gets to the Minnesotan outback slowly. Or maybe we're over-aware of the Ramones because they were an NYC band and are less known elsewhere, though I feel like that's unlikely.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#222 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

He's 28 haha. My guess is he was sheltered as a kid and probably only listens to garbage like Nickelback. A lot of hockey players seem to like Nickelback...

They always play that song 'Burn it to the Ground' or at least that's what I think it's called. Anyways, my point is that they played the same 30 second clip of that song over a highlight video and it was stupid. I think the NHL and Nickelback must have some deal together. I mean between the Flyer's players showing up to a concert they played at Wells Fargo to it ALWAYS being played on NHL Network. It's sickening.

And 28???? His birth year would be 83-84 then, which is still a bit late for the Ramones since he'd be too young, but still, he's not that far removed from when they were a popular band. They have a few songs that get a lot of radio play still. I really can't believe he didn't know who they were.

Edited by ATLL765, 29 May 2012 - 07:07 PM.

#223 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

They always play that song 'Burn it to the Ground' or at least that's what I think it's called. Anyways, my point is that they played the same 30 second clip of that song over a highlight video and it was stupid. I think the NHL and Nickelback must have some deal together. I mean between the Flyer's players showing up to a concert they played at Wells Fargo to it ALWAYS being played on NHL Network. It's sickening.

And 28???? His birth year would be 83-84 then, which is still a bit late for the Ramones since he'd be too young, but still, he's not that far removed from when they were a popular band. They have a few songs that get a lot of radio play still. I really can't believe he didn't know who they were.

It's because Nickelback is playing at the NHL Awards this summer. Maybe it's just not his style of music. I mean, I've heard the name "The Ramones" before and some of their popular songs, but it doesn't really appeal to me. I didn't realize that's where the picture was from originally.

#224 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

What is it with popular sports and damn Nickelback? It was hilarious this past Thanksgiving when about 50000 Detroit residents signing a petition to not let them play halftime of the Thanksgiving game, but the NFL put em on anyway.

#225 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

The Rangers might be done with but I saw this gem over at HF and just had to post it.

Posted Image

n2eg.jpg

#226 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

The Rangers might be done with but I saw this gem over at HF and just had to post it.

Posted Image

lol when do they get sent out to Haiti? check out the cup champions blanket i found a few pages back

cghico.jpg

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#227 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,320 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

It's because Nickelback is playing at the NHL Awards this summer. Maybe it's just not his style of music. I mean, I've heard the name "The Ramones" before and some of their popular songs, but it doesn't really appeal to me. I didn't realize that's where the picture was from originally.

I love that Ramones movie with Bill Murray's woman from Stripes. Rock and Roll High School???

(p.s. born in 1982)

Edited by David Puddy, 29 May 2012 - 10:58 PM.

Posted Image

#228 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,450 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

PJ Soles as Riff Randall
Rock-n-roll high school... one of my mother's favorites.

The Ramones was the first band I saw live. I ended up seeing them often. They always played small clubs but it was always all-age accessible - I guess that had smoethign to do with it. And my mother would let me go (thank you Rock-n-Roll High School :giggle: ) I watched a documentary on them - fascinating guys. Really real in a really insane way -- or really insane in a very real way.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 30 May 2012 - 09:46 AM.

I'm here for the party

#229 gata

gata

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

Posted Image

LMAOOOOO :haha2:

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#230 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,450 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

He's from Minnesota. Maybe culture gets to the Minnesotan outback slowly. Or maybe we're over-aware of the Ramones because they were an NYC band and are less known elsewhere, though I feel like that's unlikely.

People don't know they're listening to the Ramones when they hear them I suspect. "Hey Ho Let's Go! Hey Ho Let's Go!" Thats what happens when anti-social dudes forma a band. I have no idea why but it feels like they were respectful of everyone's personal space. It was music for the sake of the music = they just gave you this backdrop to do with what you would. Underrated ... by design.

I moved from St Paul to Huntington LI... it was weird I didn't understand what people were saying! I can't imagine that now - not understanding a Long Island accent. I had no clue though. "dooo-awg?" Do you mean dog?" I had no idea that the plant Bleed Heart was called bleeding heart I thought it was bleeding hots...

I'm here for the party

#231 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,422 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

Can someone with good photoshop/graphic design skills make a sweet BEAT LA image with a Devils logo, or somehow pertaining to the Devils? I searched all over the net for one with a Devils logo and it's all Celtics and teams that play the Lakers and Dodgers mostly lol.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#232 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

Posted Image

For anyone that follows WWE that's former WWE superstar Edge and current WWE diva Beth Phoenix repping the red and black.

n2eg.jpg

#233 NJD_3_Cups

NJD_3_Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

Can someone with good photoshop/graphic design skills make a sweet BEAT LA image with a Devils logo, or somehow pertaining to the Devils? I searched all over the net for one with a Devils logo and it's all Celtics and teams that play the Lakers and Dodgers mostly lol.

Came up with this quickly, made it my new FB profile pic.

Posted Image
Let the fire in your eyes light the way...

#234 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

He's 28 haha. My guess is he was sheltered as a kid and probably only listens to garbage like Nickelback. A lot of hockey players seem to like Nickelback...

Zach Parise apparently likes Drowning Pool a lot according to a radio interview he did with Sherry Ross earlier in the season

Posted Image

For anyone that follows WWE that's former WWE superstar Edge and current WWE diva Beth Phoenix repping the red and black.

thats an awesome picture. i wonder if they really are fans or were they there to create a buzz for the WWE PPV No Way Out coming to the IZOD Center on June 17th

#235 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

Zach Parise apparently likes Drowning Pool a lot according to a radio interview he did with Sherry Ross earlier in the season

thats an awesome picture. i wonder if they really are fans or were they there to create a buzz for the WWE PPV No Way Out coming to the IZOD Center on June 17th

I'm not sure about Beth but I know for sure that Edge is a fan. There is also another pic of him wearing a Devils jersey as well.

Edited by TheMazz, 31 May 2012 - 01:03 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#236 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

Not a gif but I figured it belonged here as an amusing video

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#237 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,199 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

Edge is a huge Devils fan, he's stated it numerous times over the years, he also has been retired for over a year now because he had to retire due to health issues. The doctors told him that his neck was in such bad shape that if he kept wrestling that there was going to be a good chance that he would end up paralyzed. So I know for a fact that he was at the game simply because he loves the Devils. He isn't even on any of the current WWE programs right now. Also Beth was just there because her and Edge are dating.

#238 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

Edge is a huge Devils fan, he's stated it numerous times over the years, he also has been retired for over a year now because he had to retire due to health issues. The doctors told him that his neck was in such bad shape that if he kept wrestling that there was going to be a good chance that he would end up paralyzed. So I know for a fact that he was at the game simply because he loves the Devils. He isn't even on any of the current WWE programs right now. Also Beth was just there because her and Edge are dating.

Would of loved to seen this

Posted Image

#239 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

Not a gif but I figured it belonged here as an amusing video

kovy took it like a champ, carter had no idea what he was getting into

cghico.jpg

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#240 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

Posted Image

The Glamazon actually looks kinda cute (gulp!) in this pic.

When my kids have wrestling on the tube at home, I've been known to look up from the newspaper and go, "Okay, which dude is this?"

And my kids are like, "That's a girl, dad!"

(Ack!)
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users