580 replies to this topic

#561 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Reading through this thread makes me disappointed I didn't contribute much cause it was quite the rollercoaster. I was pretty much physically unable to. The entire 3rd period / OT / 2OT I was too busy screaming, facepalming, jumping up and down, and all in all just being terrified of what may happen, while at the same time thinking we could pull it out. The final reaction ... something along the lines of this:

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! HENRIQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! HENRIIIIIIIIIIIIIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HENRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIQUE!!!!!! OHHH MY GOD!!!!!!!!" followed by throwing my TV remote off the balcony, rolling around on the floor laughing, bear hugging my friend who watched with me, crying (he claims, I was drinking some vodka) and just... wow. What an ending.

What an incredible series. I am glad to be able to say that from the winning side. The Panthers would not go away. They came back to defeat us in a historically bad fashion in Game 3, leaving us all feeling like the Rock was cursed. They came back in Game 6 to force overtime leaving us with one of the most memorable moments in our new building since it's opened. They came back in Game 7 to push us to double overtime, and an unlikely hero emerged... our super rookie Adam Henrique. What a feeling. I was lucky enough to get to go to Games 1, 2, and 5. My first ever road games. There were moments of glory, and moments of disappointment (namely Game 5.) I wish I could've made it to Game 7 but settled for getting to watch it at home. All in all, this year is already a huge success in my eyes and I am so happy to be seeing us move on to the next round.

#562 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

THIS TEAM IS SO FCKING PATHETIC LOL

my favorite first post...NOT!
Posted Image

#563 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

And Marty had a great game 7 didnt he?

Great no, good yes Marty had a tough series.

#564 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,048 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

He had a great game. You can't deny that no matter how much you hate him. We don't win that game unless Marty steals it in OT.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#565 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

what are you talking about Marty was FIRE last night

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#566 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

He had a great game. You can't deny that no matter how much you hate him. We don't win that game unless Marty steals it in OT.

Those stops on Madden were HUGE!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#567 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

Those stops on Madden were HUGE!

The Versteeg save on the goal line late in the third was INCREDBILE.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#568 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

I'm going to have to go back and watch the henrique goal and celebrations again. It's 8:40am here and I got severely drunk last night whilst watching the game and afterwards. Words still can't express the happiness.
Holy crap what a ride. On to Philly!

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#569 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

dude.. if i have to see this verizon commercial one more time, with the crying cvnts, im gonna throw somethign through my fvcking window. this game is enough, i don't need to see all these horrible fvcking commercials to help me lose my fvcking mind.

im sorry but i had to quote this. I was taking a piss in the bathroom at the Rock, and I TOTALLY forgot you can hear the commercials in the restroom.
So i walk in and I hear sobbing... and words... through the sobbing. Im like wtf is that? I thought some girl with tourettes or something was crying in a stall.
then I realized what is was THAT FVCKING COMMERCIAL

Needless to say it may have been the most confusing piss I've ever taken.

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#570 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

im sorry but i had to quote this. I was taking a piss in the bathroom at the Rock, and I TOTALLY forgot you can hear the commercials in the restroom.
So i walk in and I hear sobbing... and words... through the sobbing. Im like wtf is that? I thought some girl with tourettes or something was crying in a stall.
then I realized what is was THAT FVCKING COMMERCIAL

Needless to say it may have been the most confusing piss I've ever taken.

i cannot fvcking stand that commercial

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#571 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

BUMP.

With two game 7s tonight, time to relive all the highs and lows of the Devils-Panthers 1st round game 7 from a season ago. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#572 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

BUMP.

With two game 7s tonight, time to relive all the highs and lows of the Devils-Panthers 1st round game 7 from a season ago. 

What? How?  We are not playing in either.

#573 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

No, I just feel the misery of not being in the playoffs while the Rangers and even Islanders fans had all of our fun.

And it's not even like I get to watch these games without any reservations, because I want the Rangers to lose more than I want the Devils to win most of the time.

fvck the Rangers
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#574 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

Ohhh yeah, so many good memories. Next Year people, next year!

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#575 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

What? How?  We are not playing in either.

The highs and lows shown by the posts in this thread. Was just a bump to remember the 2012 Devils playoff run and the game 7s tonight reminded me of last year.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#576 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

This is depressing :(

#577 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

In the spirit of remembering the game, I just recall thinking "man if we can only get into the 2nd round this year that would be so great for the organization and fans"

I spent this game at a hotel bar just south of Lowell, Mass. getting drunk off cosmopolitans on the company dime.. Somehow I got from the bar to my room and I remember cheering for the game winner shortly before passing out and waking up with a terrible hangover

No need to be depressed.. We had our run and it was fantastic.. I didn't care where we got this season as much because that run was such a treat.. You never know when a run to the finals could be your last, so just sit back a relish in the good times

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#578 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,099 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

No need to be depressed.. We had our run and it was fantastic.. I didn't care where we got this season as much because that run was such a treat.. You never know when a run to the finals could be your last, so just sit back a relish in the good times

Well put man. Hopefully there's a few more. Maybe this young defense squad will bring another run when they come up.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#579 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,893 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

Well now this is sort of relevant since Toronto blew it as bad as we did at the end of Game 7, worse really since they actually had a three-goal lead.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#580 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

In the spirit of remembering the game, I just recall thinking "man if we can only get into the 2nd round this year that would be so great for the organization and fans"
I spent this game at a hotel bar just south of Lowell, Mass. getting drunk off cosmopolitans on the company dime.. Somehow I got from the bar to my room and I remember cheering for the game winner shortly before passing out and waking up with a terrible hangover

. Well put well put.. Sometimes I get a little down thinking about the run last year and our team not even involved in the playoffs this year.. But the. I think about all of those great memory's advancing threw the rounds... And I wonder how long or soon will the next deep run be?! Enless your a psychic you never know if well get that again... I mean Im not doubting it ;) but just saying
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users