#1 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

SB Nation

Nine NHL teams have a black jersey as part of their uniform collection. Those nine teams may want to reconsider.

According to a new study brought to our attention by this NPR report, teams that wear black uniforms are penalized "significantly more" than teams in white or other-colored jerseys. The study analyzed 50,000 NHL games across a nearly 25-year span and found that teams wearing black uniforms were penalized about two minutes more per game on average.

I found this pretty interesting.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

well if we keep on scoring on the PK why not? haha

www.SterioDesign.com

#3 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Eh, sounds like someone who had something against black jerseys went out and started this "study" and just happened to find a coincidental correlation. Take it for what's there, but I wouldn't read too much into it. I'd just like to see us have a 3rd jersey of some kind....

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#4 Biggie B

Biggie B

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

Sounds like racism to me! Lol
Posted Image
Holding it down (in loving memory) for Vitaly "THE UKRAINE TRAIN" Vishnevski

If you can't take the heat, step away from the flames.

#5 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

3rd jerseys are lame and are nothing more than a scam to bilk cash from fans. I agree 100% with Lou in that having a 3rd jersey is stupid. We have the throwbacks, that's plenty for me.

#6 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

I agree that a throwback is more meaningful than a 3rd jersey.
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#7 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

I agree that a throwback is more meaningful than a 3rd jersey.

Exactly. I just don't get all the want for a 3rd jersey. Is everyone really that eager to blow a couple hundred bucks on a jersey that, given the lifespan of other team's 3rd jerseys, will only be around for a couple years and then look silly and outdated in 5 years.

I mean, does everyone remember those Rangers jerseys with the head of the statue of liberty on it? I for some reason doubt Rags fans wish they could have a jersey, with a statue that's actually in NJ, back right now. 3rd jerseys are stupid looking 99.99% of the time and I doubt that the Devils are going to come up with one that falls into that .01%./rant

#8 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

boston gets 4 mins.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#9 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

Is 2 minutes really 'significantly more'? Do the guys in black get more groupies? I think that would outweigh the 2 minutes, and you'd be more rested for the groupies.

Just sayin' :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#10 gata

gata

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

Once you go black you don't come back maybe that's why they don't want the alternate.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

Starter made those black Devils jerseys in the mid to late 90's that you still see people wear here and there at the Rock. They look decent but I like what we have now with the current schemes and retro jerseys.

If you really want a black jersey just buy the starter one from ebay or one of those new Black Ice jerseys Reebok started selling a year ago that I am still on the fence about if I like or not.

Edited by DevsMan84, 27 April 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#12 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

not necessarily a jersey...but pretty neat...and real on NHLshop

Posted Image

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic