Photo

NJ DEVILS 2cnd ROUND APPRECIATION THREAD!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:29 AM

yep. it's all gravy. hope they beat the flyers, have no faith they will. nice to feel this way, though.

Wow...not one spreadsheet, link, Corsi, or Fenwick. Just a simple observation. Outstanding!

But yeah, I agree with this...I don't see this series lasting more than five games. If they take it to six games and make the Flyers sweat a little doing it, I'd be happy with that. For whatever it's worth, I'm thrilled that they're playing Sunday and not Saturday...any extra rest these guys can get is a major bonus.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#22 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

That series shouldn't have even been close, but still I just feel relief.

At least watching the Devils this past series, it's clear they have another level they sometimes go to, but are maddeningly inconsistent. I think the Devils can beat the Flyers if they play at that level for 7 games.

Here's hoping the Ilya Brzgalov we all know and love shows up!
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#23 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

"House Money" :rolleyes:

and other cliche phrases.

(my lest favorite is "step up to the plate")

The Blackhawks and Bruins skate to a 2-2 tie. (Ever notice how hockey teams never skate to a win or a loss? Evidently, they can only skate to a tie.)

They can score from anywhere on the ice.

They have to find a way to put the puck in the net.

When you put the puck on the net, good things are going to happen.

They're the hardest working line in hockey.

They're getting beaten to the puck.

They've gone into their defensive shell.

Looks like they're content to sit on the lead.

You don't want to give up a soft goal here.

They're looking for the equalizer. (i.e. the tying goal)

The Blackhawks make a wholesale change.

They're mucking it up in the corner.

He stood him up on the blue line.

He went right through him.

They're buzzing around the net.

They're peppering the goaltender.

He was mugged.

The bodies are flying.

We've got a bench-clearing brawl.

After a goal...

He lit the lamp.

He put the biscuit in the basket.

He found the twine.

He went high to the top shelf.

He went upstairs.

He beat him through the five hole. (i.e. scored by putting the puck through the goaltender's pads)

That was a goal-scorer's goal.

After a save...

He was robbed.

The goalposts are a goalie's best friends.

He's been playing steady between the pipes.

Look what I found.

He's still pitching a shutout.

Edited by Legion15, 27 April 2012 - 11:11 AM.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#24 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,067 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

"House Money" :rolleyes:

and other cliche phrases.

(my lest favorite is "step up to the plate")

I actually have met the writer of the article Steve several times and he is a nice guy and a Devils fan. I just think he is looking a little too much into this though.

#25 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

We have been out before the second round for so long, this feels almost. That said, we have the best team in the league coming up next.

they do? the flyers are not the "best" team in the east let alone the league.

#26 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,123 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Losing in the first round 3 times in a row and missing the playoffs really puts things in perspective. On cloud 9 today.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#27 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

eventhough i know we have a decent team, i HOPE but i don't think we can make it through the Flyers, but you never know, they have the 2nd worst goaltender in the playoffs almost averaging 4 goals against in 6 games... if we can play well defensively and still get production out of our 4th line, that our best players stays our best players and that our injured guys can get a "little rest" and that this goal gives Henrique wings... you never know.

but to be honest if we lose or even get swept i'd be sad but not even close to be crushed and heartbroken like i could have been yesterday...

so from now on its all a luxury to me

congrats boys! :cheers:

www.SterioDesign.com

#28 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

My keys to the devils:
1. Play 60 minutes of ice hockey with no time off (Flyers are not a team you give momentum)
2. Bordeur has to stop the puck and control the game, every time he plays, there is a little helter skelter in our zone
3. Kovy is at 60% right now (I am convinced he is injured), hopefully a couple of days of some rest can get him to 90%
4. Devils defense does have trouble against the aggressive forecheck, need to figure a way to clear the puck of the zone or a clean break out strategy
5. Bryz has to show the same form he did against the Pens

My opinion is that this is a very tall order, especially points 1-4, for a team which has been inconsistent even in the playoffs. If Devils can maintain this, they can win in 6/7 games. If not (hope to be wrong), I predict flyers in 5/6 games.

#29 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

it is so nice to be able to sit in a new round.. its like we can finally breathe again for a little bit. We get to live to see more games- our season isn't over yet!! Keep rolling!!

This thread is exactly what we should note: appreciation for getting into the 2nd round

Nice job boys, keep it coming! :cheers:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#30 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

I for one am not throwing in the towel before the series starts, and fully expect to be extremely competitive with the Flyers. i hope they do look past us.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#31 devs82fan

devs82fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

i knew they could do it!! go devils!! so will all the devs-flyers games be on national television and just the post game on msg+?

#32 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,617 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

i knew they could do it!! go devils!! so will all the devs-flyers games be on national television and just the post game on msg+?

Only the home games will have post-game on MSG+.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#33 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

For once we have the most exciting/anticipated series match up over the rest.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#34 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Have faith. we can take these guys.
It's the whiskey talking.

#35 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,997 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

This is absolutely what I had hoped for for this season.

Anything after this gravy; however that being said, let's take it to the fvcking failures

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#36 devs82fan

devs82fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Only the home games will have post-game on MSG+.

thank u

#37 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Yeah I'm just enjoying the achievement of reaching the 2nd round.. Nothing is guaranteed, for all we know we might not make the 2nd round again for 15 years.. You just never know and you'll drive yourself crazy and become a very angry individual if you're a Cup or Bust kinda person

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users