59 replies to this topic

#41 NJ4life

NJ4life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

Just so everyone knows, there are still tickets available for both of our home games as long as you use the special sale links they emailed us. However, if you go on regular ticketmaster ( like a flyer fan would ) it says it is all sold out. Looks like Devils are really trying to just sell to us!! Very refreshing!!

#42 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

I just can't afford tickets this round. I'll stalk StubHub like a hawk (especially since I could conceivably attend all three games with my work/school schedule), but...$71 to sit in the last row (which is what I was pulling up earlier) is just too steep for me.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#43 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

I got mine. In was thinking of going to Philly on Sunday and Tuesday but now sure how safe wearing a Devils cap and shirt. I read about the NJ cop that got rough up. Flyers players are tough and their fans are tougher.

Edited by LucifersDog, 27 April 2012 - 03:57 PM.

#44 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

I got mine. In was thinking of going to Philly on Sunday and Tuesday but now sure how safe wearing a Devils cap and shirt. I read about the NJ cop that got rough up. Flyers players are tough and their fans are tougher.

Flyers players are tough, their fans cowards. That NJ cop that "got roughed up" got kicked and punched by no less than 4 Flyers fans while he was on the ground.. That's not tough.

Edited by DJ Eco, 27 April 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#45 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

I went to all of the playoff games in 04 in Philly, didn't wear anything devils related cause I just can't stand dealing with opposing teams fans as I'd rather not have to talk or interact with any of them but the people I saw in Devils gear were being heckled the whole time. I've been to games during the regular season as well which are rather tame, the playoffs are a lot worse.

#46 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

Flyers players are tough and their fans are tougher.

flyers fans are pansies one on one. they will never start trouble unless they are with a buddy or group for support. their behavior is all one big act anyway. its a bunch of clowns trying to play the part of the perception that the media has dealt them.

#47 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

Just so everyone knows, there are still tickets available for both of our home games as long as you use the special sale links they emailed us. However, if you go on regular ticketmaster ( like a flyer fan would ) it says it is all sold out. Looks like Devils are really trying to just sell to us!! Very refreshing!!

This isn't working for me, maybe they're all gone now. I get to the screen where it normally lists the games and has the buttons on the right to buy tickets, except nothing is listed and there are no buttons to click on. I guess tomorrow I'm going to call the box office to see if there are still $71 tickets available and then if they tell me there are I will drive up there and buy some. Pain in the ass but I guess it's either that or hope that ticketbastard releases more, or hope I can get tickets at around the same price on stubhub. :(
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#48 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

I hope all the STH who were complaining round 1 about the Devils offering college discounts cheaper than what they paid use this as a good example.
I'm a STH in 130.
Paid $57 for round 1 and $63 for round 2.
Printed on my ticket is $85 for round 2.
was already offered $150/each by flyer fans (of course i turned it down, I'm going)

STH are well taken care of this round with uppers going for $71.....lol

#49 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

I hope all the STH who were complaining round 1 about the Devils offering college discounts cheaper than what they paid use this as a good example.
I'm a STH in 130.
was already offered $150/each by flyer fans (of course i turned it down, I'm going)

Oh I'm good. :thumbsup:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#50 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

I'm a STH in 130.

those flyer fans are pretty stupid since they could get mezzanine center ice tix in philly on stubhub for $100.

#51 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

I'm a STH in 130.

Of course this post isn't made if either the Devils lose, or the Rangers lose and the Devils had to wind up hosting the Caps tomorrow in what would have been a nuclear situation for the sales department, having to peddle thousands of tickets last minute to the first two games of the 2nd round for 'another' non-rival.

Generally though, it's obvious the longer you go in the playoffs, the more it's going to favor sth's and plan buyers. I always use the playoff rights and convenience as the main argument for buying season tickets since you 'can' get comparable prices in the regular season if you hunt and peck on the secondary market (it's too time-consuming for me to worry about every little discount and offer).

And most of the time you can get comparable prices in the first round as well. Since we haven't gone past the first round in five years, the playoff rights mattered less and people are going to be more sensitive to the first-round discounts and secondary market prices, since those are the only playoff games we've gotten in this building until now :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 28 April 2012 - 09:13 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#52 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

I'm a STH in 130.

Hell yeah... STH here in 215, got mine for $45 round 1 and $55 round 2. I was kind of regretting buying them in advance when I saw how cheap they were being offered at during the first round, but they're more than paying for themselves this round!!

#53 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

I just called the box office to see if they have any more $71 tickets available before I drive over there. They said there are none left, all that is left are individual seating, but none in the $71 price range. They also said that for Game 6 the cheapest tickets are $91, not $71, but there are none of those left either. I don't think I've ever seen a price increase mid-series before, and on ticketmaster it lists $71 as one of the price ranges so I'm not 100% sure how accurate that is. FYI no $71 tickets on ticketmaster for that game either, so possibly it is just listed there without any tickets actually having been sold at that price.

I don't expect tickets to get much cheaper on stubhub so I guess I'll just keep checking ticketmaster to see if more get released, if not guess I'll just be watching from home.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#54 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

I just called the box office to see if they have any more $71 tickets available before I drive over there. They said there are none left, all that is left are individual seating, but none in the $71 price range. They also said that for Game 6 the cheapest tickets are $91, not $71, but there are none of those left either. I don't think I've ever seen a price increase mid-series before, and on ticketmaster it lists $71 as one of the price ranges so I'm not 100% sure how accurate that is. FYI no $71 tickets on ticketmaster for that game either, so possibly it is just listed there without any tickets actually having been sold at that price.

I don't expect tickets to get much cheaper on stubhub so I guess I'll just keep checking ticketmaster to see if more get released, if not guess I'll just be watching from home.

Just keep checking stub hub and jump on anything that looks like a decent enough price for you.

#55 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Just keep checking stub hub and jump on anything that looks like a decent enough price for you.

Yea I'm keeping an eye on both but I'm not getting my hopes up.
--John Buccigross

#56 Stolen

Stolen

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

All of our home games this series will be filled with orange.

#57 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

All of our home games this series will be filled with orange.

Fvck off

#58 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Yea I'm keeping an eye on both but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I think more $71 tix will pop up on TM. Just check often.

Edited by 95Crash, 28 April 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#59 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

Glad I did PAWP now. And knowing we'd likely wind up playing these scumbags is exactly why I did it.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#60 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

I went to all of the playoff games in 04 in Philly, didn't wear anything devils related cause I just can't stand dealing with opposing teams fans as I'd rather not have to talk or interact with any of them but the people I saw in Devils gear were being heckled the whole time. I've been to games during the regular season as well which are rather tame, the playoffs are a lot worse.

i was at game 5 in 2004 with a friend of mine from college who was a Flyers fan. We sat 3 rows from the top of the upper bowl and I woe my Niedermayer jersey. Besides hearing the obligatory "Marty sucks" and "Niedermayer...Dead" chants thrown at me, I got heckled by a 4 year old who was at the game with his grandparents. Kid kept yelling "Devils suck" prior to the opening faceoff so I turned around and asked him if he he could count to three. When the kid asked me why, I told him to ask his grandpa because he would know what I meant. Funny exchange.

Never got physical with anyone and I never felt intimidated, including by the douches from the local radio station in the lower concourse bar area that anounced on air that a Devils fan had just enered the bar and the whole place proceeded to "boo" me. Surprisingly, there were a ton of Devils fans at the game, including a hot chick sitting in the row behind me, that I got to talk to throughout the game. Not a bad experience, but they are generally a bunch of a$$holes, so I would never blame anyone for refusing to go there as an away fan.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users