#61 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,123 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

Fixed.

WTF were some people watching this year? Tedenby was God-awful this season.

Exactly. Like you said before, all signs are pointing that he will be a bust.

The kid is like Bergfors, minus the scoring. That's pretty bad.

#62 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice, 10:32 am: Just a hunch at this point, but have a feeling that Kovalchuk won't play tonight.

Edited by 95Crash, 01 May 2012 - 09:41 AM.

#63 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

well i'm not one for alarm but it's all on parise now, he better produce goal a game from now on.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#64 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

@TGfireandice
Lou Lamoriello confirms that Ilya Kovalchuk won't play tonight.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#65 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

@TGfireandice
Lou Lamoriello confirms that Ilya Kovalchuk won't play tonight.

There you have it. I am unsure about replacing Kovy with Larsson though. It is one thing to dress seven D by taking someone off the third or fourth lines, but when you take one of the best players in the world--a player most certainly on your top line--and replace him with a Dman I worry about all those lost (ostensibly high quality) minutes that will need to be made up.

As for Tedenby, I can't argue with his poor performance earlier in the year. All I can say is that it is worth asking if/he will deserve another chance? And this seems to me a perfect opportunity to see if he has developed any since his earlier regression. Otoh, I haven't been able to follow the Devs minor leagues at all this year--house renovation, sick pregnant wife and then two newborns--so I honestly have zero idea if Tedenby has earned another shot by playing well in the minors. I am assuming that he has, because if he can't excel in the minors at this point then he is well and truly finished as a prospect.
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#66 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

NHL.com is speculating it's a back injury. If that's the case, it may be a "best case scenario" for the Devils vs. something like a pulled groin or hamstring, as a back thing could be cleared up with less time off the ice. We obviously have no way of knowing what it is, whether it's a herniated disk or something nasty like that, but if it's back spasms or a muscle pull in his back, it may be something that can be patched up in time to have him return to some effectiveness in this series.

Edited by Risky, 02 May 2012 - 04:11 PM.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#67 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

The problem: a herniated disc per Chere

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#68 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

According to Chere its a herniated disc, but TG just tweeted he's on the ice for the morning skate.

#69 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

According to Chere its a herniated disc, but TG just tweeted he's on the ice for the morning skate.

Seen that too, on the fourth line. Harold sitting as seventh D. I heard herniated disc and thought, well hes done.
Posted Image

#70 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

hope kovie can play on the fourth line with limited ice time to get back in it. we don't know the extend of the injury so i hope playing won't hinder the recovery.

martyb.jpg

#71 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

If he's got a herniated disc, he shouldnt be playing at all. He's going to be our Zajac next season if this is true. Playing can make it a lot worse. We don't want him on the fourth line with the Flyers being such a bloodthirsty team.

If he's got a herniated disc, we could use the roster spot for a 100% player.

Edited by ghdi, 03 May 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#72 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

IMO, winning Game 2 gave DeBo & Co. the breathing room needed to sit him for Game 3. Doing that would give Kovy a full week of rest.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#73 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

this isnt sounding too good, a back problem for our 10 year contract

#74 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,423 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

If he has a herniated disk, he shouldn't be anywhere near the ice. So I'm having a hard time believing that's what it is if he's at the morning skate.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#75 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

If he has a herniated disk, he shouldn't be anywhere near the ice. So I'm having a hard time believing that's what it is if he's at the morning skate.

Same. Even a slightly herniated disc would not warrant him out there. My bet is its just a severe strain or something like that.

If its herniated and he's playing both he and the Devils are stupid. Way too much risk involved.

#76 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

Same. Even a slightly herniated disc would not warrant him out there. My bet is its just a severe strain or something like that.

If its herniated and he's playing both he and the Devils are stupid. Way too much risk involved.

I agree. Risk vs. reward is not worth it.
Posted Image

#77 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

sorry charlie - i'm not buying his back is AT all an issue. and the notion that this started in the playoffs is also bunk.

groin/hamstring - devils subterfuge is excellent.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#78 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

Only Chere mentioned that it was a herniated disc. Gulitti specifically mentioned that Kovalchuk is still referring to it as a "lower body injury".

#79 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,423 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

Reading the board over at HF, a couple of people said you can get treatment that numbs the pain and makes it possible to play with a herniated disk, like cortisone shots. But still, I'd much rather rest him one more game. I'm hoping the Devils are doing this to keep the Flyers guessing and nothing more. Let him rest.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#80 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

According to kovy its up to deboer whether he play,according to deboer its up to kovy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users