71 replies to this topic

#41 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

If Brodeur can keep playing the way he has in the last two games and Bryzgalov continues to play like a typical Flyers goalie in the playoffs, the Devils can win in 6 or 7.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#42 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

If Brodeur can keep playing the way he has in the last two games and Bryzgalov continues to play like a typical Flyers goalie in the playoffs, the Devils can win in 6 or 7.

Agreed. And Kovy should come of the PK

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#43 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

you people need to relax. it was one game. yeah we got out played in the second and third but we kept coming back. we didnt get blown out. for god sakes it went into ot. if we lost in regulation by 2 or 3 goals then theres a reason for consern but we didnt we kept coming back. and we lost in ot. yeah game one was a lose but it wasnt as bad as everyone is making it seem.

ajq8o1.png

#44 ringtwins

ringtwins

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

That's all true, oh and giroux looks like freggly all growed up, whistling
You do know that Devil fans are so used to being in the playoffs that people save their money for the later rounds, right? Triumph

#45 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Without Kovy, we are going to NEED the third line to pitch in. Clarkson has to get going. But the first ten minutes are all you need to see to know the Devils have a shot at winning this thing.

#46 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

you people need to relax. it was one game. yeah we got out played in the second and third but we kept coming back. we didnt get blown out. for god sakes it went into ot. if we lost in regulation by 2 or 3 goals then theres a reason for consern but we didnt we kept coming back. and we lost in ot. yeah game one was a lose but it wasnt as bad as everyone is making it seem.

yes it was. they were outplayed from the second into the ot when the flyers woke up. it wasnt even the same game once that happened. only because of bryz did it go to ot. if youre the flyers you got to start to wonder if he'll keep you from the cup if he continues his play which isnt being magnified due to the flyers winning...for now.

#47 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

We have too many players that need to be protected at the moment. If Kovalchuk plays then Kovalchuk, Sykora and Clarkson need to be protected in the top 9. Taking Sykora out for Zharkov solves one of the problems. Clarkson hasn't gotten to the point where he needs to come out. Kovalchuk isn't coming out unless his groin completely tears.

Parise - Elias - Zubrus
Ponikarovski - Zajac - Zharkov
Kovalchuk - Henrique - Clarkson
Zarter - Gionta - Beernier

PP
Kovalchuk - Elias - Parise
Zidlicky - Zajac
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#48 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

We have too many players that need to be protected at the moment. If Kovalchuk plays then Kovalchuk, Sykora and Clarkson need to be protected in the top 9. Taking Sykora out for Zharkov solves one of the problems. Clarkson hasn't gotten to the point where he needs to come out. Kovalchuk isn't coming out unless his groin completely tears.

Parise - Elias - Zubrus

PP
Zidlicky - Zajac

And I thought we already had enough Z names, Zarter :giggle:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#49 Book hockey

Book hockey

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

How many Cups do the Flyers have if they ever had mediocre goaltending in the playoffs? Their last quality gut was Hextall (first tenure).

#50 Eztarget

Eztarget

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

How many Cups do the Flyers have if they ever had mediocre goaltending in the playoffs? Their last quality gut was Hextall (first tenure).

Please don't remind me. I'd say at least 6 Cups (counting the two in the 70's) maybe more if we didn't run into the Oilers teams in the 80's. Those Flyer teams that played the Oilers circa 85-87 would have beaten a LOT of teams not named the Oilers.

Bobby Clarke was a great player but a stubborn boneheaded GM when it came to addressing goaltending.

Edited by Eztarget, 01 May 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#51 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

The answer to beating the Flyers lies in THE UNIVERSE:

Posted Image

#52 gata

gata

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

I thought i'd share
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#53 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

Three star so far:

1). Parise
2). Brodeur
3). Zajac

As for Bryzgalov, I think he is helping us a bit as well. IMO, he gave up two softies in Game 1 (Travis and Petr's) and was solid in game 2. Then, he gave up two stoppable shot (zach's and Patrik's) and I was a little bit surprise for the OT winner by Poni. However, the trend shows that we expect to see a better Bryzgalov in game 4.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#54 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

Parise - Elias - Zubrus

PP
Zidlicky - Zajac

Zharkov isn't going in the line up. Is he good defensively yes but he can't produce. He has been given so many chances to make the team and he hasn't earned the spot. DO i want him in their over Janssen? Yes i do, but he won't go in the line up so might as well not eve bring him up he isn't basically considered at this point as he wasn't all year when we brought up Mills several times over him. He's pretty much lost it here at this point. I wish he can make it but has shown other wise. He's not a star in Albany and to other players he was the weak link.

#55 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

Zharkov isn't going in the line up. Is he good defensively yes but he can't produce. He has been given so many chances to make the team and he hasn't earned the spot. DO i want him in their over Janssen? Yes i do, but he won't go in the line up so might as well not eve bring him up he isn't basically considered at this point as he wasn't all year when we brought up Mills several times over him. He's pretty much lost it here at this point. I wish he can make it but has shown other wise. He's not a star in Albany and to other players he was the weak link.

How ya gonna just gank my sig graphic?
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#56 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

:rofl:

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#57 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

Fvck yes, we were getting so caught up in this playoffs thing we were forgetting to have some board drama.:e-drama:

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#58 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,141 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

He used my old signature for 2 weeks, regardless of the "Martyisth3b3st" on the bottom right. He's a real winner, that one.

Edited by Martyisth3b3st, 06 May 2012 - 05:01 PM.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#59 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

Everyone stop it. There is obviously no way we can beat the Flyers.

#60 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,734 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

Everyone stop it. There is obviously no way we can beat the Flyers.

I didn't think the Devils could. That being said, they still have to win one more.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users