313 replies to this topic

#201 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

How many more times will fuking Danny Briere rip this team's heart out. That SOB kills us in the playoffs.

#202 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,078 posts

Meh. Zidlicky gives the Flyers complete momentum in Overtime..

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#203 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

well look at it this way. the flyers will be well rested to take on the rangers and thats where youll see bryz cost them a trip to the cup.

#204 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,123 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

A loss in game 1 in overtime and we are calling it a series?

If we stay out of the box we still haw a chance.

#205 USAkid90

USAkid90

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

How many more times will fuking Danny Briere rip this team's heart out. That SOB kills us in the playoffs.

Briere is one of the best playoff performers ever. He does it against every team

Guy always steps it up in the playoffs..fvcking annoying

#206 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,554 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

Wow, this looked like a carbon copy of Game 3 two years ago...complete with the quick OT ending.

They were just overwhelmed the last 45 minutes, a deserved result. If they can't come up with better or Bryz doesn't stink out the joint it's over in 5 tops.

I really was hoping this series would have a different look...I never lost faith against the Panthers, because I didn't ever think they were capable of doing what the Flyers just did. But this overwhelmed sh!t is nothing new, especially this time of year.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#207 #9Delieve

#9Delieve

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

Out classed ugh

#208 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

i still think they pull out a win in game 2 and tie this series.
there is way too much negativity on this board, esp for one game

and besides that second goal, i think brodeur played a good game

Edited by bobilly45, 29 April 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#209 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

well look at it this way. the flyers will be well rested to take on the rangers and thats where youll see bryz cost them a trip to the cup.

Then we shouldn't see you watching any games or posting in this thread because you are psychic. In over a decade on these forums, I think you have taken the place of GR. You belong on the list.
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#210 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

This "BLIND" clearing has been terrible especially when they had time to clear or pass. Then other times, playing with the puck instead of getting rid of it. simple awful mental mistakes and it killed them today.

Everyone in the world realizes KOVY just awful today.. I don't know... Groin? lower back?

Zubs... WTF happen to him?

AWFUL mistakes

#211 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

A loss in game 1 in overtime and we are calling it a series?

If we stay out of the box we still haw a chance.

the devils were outplayed from the 2nd period on and only were in this game thanks to bryz. they are playing with at least 3 players injured and with an inability to stay out of the box. the devils had no business winning this game and trying to win 3 ot games in a row on top of that?

#212 #9Delieve

#9Delieve

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Kovy is horrible,time to rest him!

#213 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

I guess goalie interference won't be called much.

I'm actually surprised they took back the kicked goal.
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#214 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,123 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

the devils were outplayed from the 2nd period on and only were in this game thanks to bryz. they are playing with at least 3 players injured and with an inability to stay out of the box. the devils had no business winning this game and trying to win 3 ot games in a row on top of that?

Do you really think we will win this series? I don't think so but I have hope. Win or lose this series it will be tough and very deflating at times.

I'm just still really happy that I get to see devils hockey in may for the first time in five years.

#215 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Biggest fix for game 2 is if Kovy is hurt sit him. He isn't providing anything at this point and hurts us bad in defensive end. Sometimes losing your start can motivate other guys to step up.
Posted Image

#216 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Then we shouldn't see you watching any games or posting in this thread because you are psychic. In over a decade on these forums, I think you have taken the place of GR. You belong on the list.

i have a pair of pom poms from the 2003 cup lmk know your section and ill run them over to you as a gift :-) relax and let people say what they want to say its a message board.

Edited by hockey3893498, 29 April 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#217 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Next game, let's try not to give up yet another EMPTY NET fvckINGOAL and DELAY OF GAME stupid penalties. No excuse, changed the momentum of the game on both occasions.
Put food on my family

#218 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,422 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Lmao, I love all of the scratch Kovalchuk garbage. And play who? Janssen? I'd rather have a one-legged, one-eyed Kovalchuk out there than Janssen. Think before you post.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#219 JustinZ

JustinZ

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

I guess goalie interference won't be called much.

I'm actually surprised they took back the kicked goal.

Honestly what goalie interference are you crying about? The game winning goal? IT WAS NOT ITERFERENCE!!!

Wahh we lost. It's the refs fault.

Guess what? From the 2nd period and OT, we got outshot 30-11, and were thoroughly outplayed. We deserved to lose that game. It's not the refs fault. Stop making crybaby excuses.
Posted Image

#220 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

They came inches from winning this game a couple of times. Meh. They still have another chance on Tuesday. I expected them to get dummied in this game on the step up in class alone. It went better than I expected, Bryz is awful and will be an equalizer. Dumbass played that Parise nothing PK shot in OT so badly I'm surprised it didn't trickle in on him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users