313 replies to this topic

#221 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,508 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

Lmao, I love all of the scratch Kovalchuk garbage. And play who? Janssen? I'd rather have a one-legged, one-eyed Kovalchuk out there than Janssen. Think before you post.

Well everyone still wants Zharkov I guess despite the fact he has fewer NHL goals in a full season's worth of games than Stephen Gionta does in two weeks. And yeah Zharkov will be fine defensively for the 8-10 minutes he gets, but where does Kovy's other 10-15 minutes go? You wind up overplaying everyone else, because there 'is' no replacement for Kovy.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#222 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

Penalties, STUPID penalties have been killing this team all damn playoffs. Kovy's hurt? SIT HIS ASS.
Posted Image Posted Image

#223 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,742 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

i have a pair of pom poms from the 2003 cup. let me know your section and ill run them over to you. that way you can cheer AND not know what youre talking about or watching.

I want them from the '95 cup. No I want them from the 88 game in Chicago. Hey I really want your banner for the first game every played as the Devils. The stuff you paid for. LOL I think I have forgotten more than you know. Bye bye.
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#224 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

Mistake and more mistakes

Marty was both good and bad but he keep us in the game.

We are not dead or out in 5

Clean up the act and tie this up next game and go to Newark 1-1.

Lets Go Devils

#225 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Typical stupid mistakes with lackadaisical play and you get a loss. And at this point I'd dress 7 D. Kovy needs to sit.

#226 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Hey guys we lost by one goal in overtime.

This is not an indication of being overmatched.
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#227 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,208 posts

Great effort, but fantastic discipline.. Almost won so hopefully we get the bounce next game and win

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#228 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

This was our game to win. I highly doubt we win game 2 now that philly has momentum. I hope I'm wrong. I don't want to see another OT game. They usually = a Marty softie and a Devils' loss

#229 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,508 posts

The closeness of the score was almost as misleading in this game as it was in Game 6 against the Panthers the other way.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#230 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,566 posts

Being outshot 30-11 or whatever it was (after the first period) and looking almost helpless for much of the OT period is.

The score was very misleading.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 29 April 2012 - 05:43 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#231 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

So glad we took Larsson instead of Courturier. We're definitely getting our money's worth... Lol.

#232 njdjlc

njdjlc

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Great effort, but fantastic discipline.. Almost won so hopefully we get the bounce next game and win

I have to agree with you Colin. I have been following this team from day one. I love them when they win and love them when they lose. I think that they held their own in this game considering that every analyst had counted us out completely. I was more concerned about getting out of the first round and once that happened I can now sit back and enjoy the game. I was at the Carolina game so I know pain. We will get them in the next one.

#233 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

I want them from the '95 cup. No I want them from the 88 game in Chicago. Hey I really want your banner for the first game every played as the Devils. The stuff you paid for. LOL I think I have forgotten more than you know. Bye bye.

so what youre saying is you dont want my pom poms?

#234 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

Being outshot 30-11 and looking almost helpless for much of the OT period is.

True but honestly I think game 1s are the worst in every series as so many factors go into them from nj possibly being tired to Philly being rusty to them just getting used to each other. I think game two will be the true indicator of the rest of the series.

Also while we were def outplayed the second half, luck also goes a far way in a playoff series. One stupid bounce and we could have won it.

#235 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

So glad we took Larsson instead of Courturier. We're definitely getting our money's worth... Lol.

And here's a stupid post.

#236 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

Being outshot 30-11 and looking almost helpless for much of the OT period is.

I would argue that the Devils were fully in control for a decent proportion of the game, counterbalancing the period of the Flyer's dominance and resulting in overtime and an ultimately narrow margin of defeat.

The Devils are carrying their bipolar play over from the previous series, during which the sky fell at njdevs.com numerous times, only to end in a narrowly won victory.

Until the results start coming in lopsided, I'll expect more of the same. A few inches this way or the other, and we lose the Panthers series, or win game 1 today. It's just how it goes.
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#237 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

We lost...but we were one shot(even a weak one with Bryzgalov) away from winning the game. We had good parts of our game a and bad. This was 1 of a possible 7 game series. We need to replicate the forecheck from today for game 2 and shoot more. Bryzgalov is god awful.

Kovalchuk is clearly hurt but benching him will do nothing but mess up the lines and make our 4th line ineffective by dressing Boulton/Janssen or gas a double shifting forward.

I also wouldn't mind Larsson dressed for Harrold.

Oh, and...SHOOT MORE.

Anyone who is complaining and whining might as well leave. That was a good playoff game, you can't win them all. Clearly it would of been great to win but you can't win them all. We need to split in Filthy.

#238 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Great. Very important first game. Blown.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#239 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

Did we get a point for OT? No? Well than a loss is a loss. There's no victory, points or morally, in this situation.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#240 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

Posted Image
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users