313 replies to this topic

#241 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,284 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

Apparently Marty is blaming the overtime goal to contact made with him by the flyers player. He also basically stated the refs didn't call it because they would be afraid of overturning two goals in Philly with their crowd.

Not exactly the reaction I was looking for from Marty on this but I am not surprised.

I would cite this but I'm on my iphone

#242 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

Did we get a point for OT? No? Well than a loss is a loss. There's no victory, points or morally, in this situation.

we do know that some how we completely out worked them for the first 20 and Bryzgalov is a very weak goalie. we didn't get blown out and we tied it up twice.

keys for the Devils to win: shoot and expose Bryzgalov

keys for the Flyers to win: pressure and pressure our defense

its that simple really.

#243 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,284 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

we do know that some how we completely out worked them for the first 20 and Bryzgalov is a very weak goalie. we didn't get blown out and we tied it up twice.

keys for the Devils to win: shoot and expose Bryzgalov

keys for the Flyers to win: pressure and pressure our defense

its that simple really.

Also stay out of the box I might add. We took way too many penalties again and Philly is a much better team than Florida.

#244 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

The Devils can definitely beat them. The Flyers have a lot of hype right now. They're good they're not that good. The Devils have to be better than they were today. The fact that they haven't played for 60 minutes any game in this playoff year falls on the coaching staff. No one is exempt here. The Elias line was good but they didn't dominate they could be better. Everyone needs to play their best game.

#245 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

Devils deserved to lose this for many reasons.
1. They did not play a full 60 minute game. Stopped skating after the 1st goal. At some points, 1 guy would be forechecking and the rest of the Devils would be far behind the center line. Might as well play the trap.
2. Marty is a veteran and a core player making a mistake we could only expect that Kurtis Foster or an AHLer to make. That gaffe helped the Flyers find their feet, pretty much. Being up 2-1, they now felt they could win this game.
3. Kovy is injured, sit him, put Larsson in. Stop being stubborn PDB, this is the playoffs and Kovy is not skating. It is hurting the team. Its like a 5v4 out there with Kovy on the ice, except you cant ice the puck. Put Harrold on RW and you can bench Larsson if the going gets tough and still have 6 Defensemen.

The Devils not playing 60 mins is lack of accountability on part of PDB. If it happens during the regular season from time to time or during a rough schedule, its understandable, but if these guys can't get up to play 60 mins in the second round of the playoffs against a potent team like the Flyers, then it is squarely on PDB's shoulder. When Marty made that gaffe, I would have sat his ass. How could he as a veteran, a leader in the lockerroom do something as stupid as that against the Flyers. Let him churn on the bench for a game so that he gets his head into and realizes PDB will not tolerate such sh!t from him and won't hesitate to give Hedberg playing time.

For the lot of you that felt this was a very close game, remember, the Flyers were rusty in that first period. In the next two periods we were outshot 23-7 and 7-4 in OT with one shot on goal worth mentioning in OT. Averaging over three periods flyers would have us outshot 35-11, some of you may mention the score, but I can assure it will eventually catch up as the Flyers missed several golden oppurtunities which most likely wont happen again.

Edited by Anhkheg, 29 April 2012 - 06:45 PM.

#246 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

Honestly what goalie interference are you crying about? The game winning goal? IT WAS NOT ITERFERENCE!!!

Wahh we lost. It's the refs fault.

Guess what? From the 2nd period and OT, we got outshot 30-11, and were thoroughly outplayed. We deserved to lose that game. It's not the refs fault. Stop making crybaby excuses.

Marty was bumped just as the puck was getting to him. It's not an excuse. It's what happened. Check the overhead replay.

The refs have already proven that they'll let that slide. Knuble flat out plowed through Tim Thomas on the goal that ended the Bruins' Cup defense. If they're allowing that, they're allowing the JVR bump. Dems da breaks. The Devils should just start running Bryz.

On a different note, this series is far from over. Marty was friggin awesome today. A hot goalie is arguably the most important ingredient to any successful playoff run. Cut the mental miscues and the rest will take care of itself.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#247 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

Apparently Marty is blaming the overtime goal to contact made with him by the flyers player. He also basically stated the refs didn't call it because they would be afraid of overturning two goals in Philly with their crowd.

Not exactly the reaction I was looking for from Marty on this but I am not surprised.

There was contact. Not gonna get that call, but there was. Who cares, goal wasn't on him either way. OT was a battle of the inevitable vs. Bryz screwing up, Bryz came close but inevitability won out.

#248 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

I thought Marty played OK. Kovy was a no-show. Devils still had their chances. Dumb penalty in OT. Flyers took care of business. Looking forward to the next game.

Go Devils.

#249 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

It could have been much worse. Keep the Faith.
It's the whiskey talking.

#250 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

I have been watching these interference goals or non goals. Marty was outside the Crease so it's a goal I don't care what he says. Game 7 in Fla they should have won because the first goal that was waved off was a goal because the Fla player was pushed into Marty by a Devils player. So Devils lose series 3-2 and Fla advances didn't go the way. An NHL ref says Boston should have lost the series as the Washington goal in OT was interference. That's the way it goes. Marty should be more concern on how he mis handled a puck that allowed a goal maybe we wouldn't have been in OT.

#251 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

we should of had that game... but its alright we'll get them in game 2 besides some mistakes we made we would have easily won that game..

on to game 2 lets tie it up!!

Posted Image

#252 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Honestly, not even mad.

Marty played like a boss.

Can't wait for game 2

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#253 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Mistake and more mistakes

Marty was both good and bad but he keep us in the game.

We are not dead or out in 5

Clean up the act and tie this up next game and go to Newark 1-1.

Lets Go Devils

thank you

Posted Image

#254 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

The thing that concerns me is once philly shook off the rust we couldn't get anything going for nearly 2 periods. I just hope we can match their energy going forward.

PDB should put in Larsson. Why be so damn stubborn about it. He can't be any worse than Volchenkov. Let's finally see what the kid can do!

#255 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

now that we know that we can compete... today's game just went their way, could be a long series and it could go our way

www.SterioDesign.com

#256 Demonic26

Demonic26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

wheres colin226????

#257 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

Sorry guys, but our shot total in the 2nd and 3rd periods should be a massive cause for concern. 7 total shots...

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#258 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

Game Winner

Marty calling for Goaltender interference there is pretty weak

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman, 29 April 2012 - 07:30 PM.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#259 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

zidlicky had a fvcking terrible game fvcking bench him fvck

Posted Image

#260 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

Marty played very well but overplayed the puck again... leading to a goal once again... stay in ur net old man

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users