313 replies to this topic

#301 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

I keep reading Clarkson must be hurt and I know he sat out a game towards the end of the season, he didn't look hurt when he skated half the length of the ice and around the net making a great pass to Zajac in Game 4. It is possible a guy who never had 20 goals before this year is just in a goalscoring slump.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#302 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hasan, he's a step too slow too (Clarkson)...he has bursts of stuff, but he's a step too slow for a not-so-fast guy and he's having trouble getting in on the forecheck and getting to pucks as he used too.

#303 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

I keep reading Clarkson must be hurt and I know he sat out a game towards the end of the season, he didn't look hurt when he skated half the length of the ice and around the net making a great pass to Zajac in Game 4. It is possible a guy who never had 20 goals before this year is just in a goalscoring slump.

I had a feeling he could disappear from a goal-scoring standpoint come playoff time...but at least he's got some assists (6 of em), and is getting shots on goal (19). It's not like he's vanished entirely.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#304 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Hasan, he's a step too slow too (Clarkson)...he has bursts of stuff, but he's a step too slow for a not-so-fast guy and he's having trouble getting in on the forecheck and getting to pucks as he used too.

Yeah, this. Before the injury he was really terrorizing bottom pairings on some shifts, we haven't seen much of that in the playoffs. He should've crushed Jovanovski-Gudbranson-Strachan.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#305 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

If only he could keep his feet. I thought it might have just been the bad ice in Florida, but he's falling at an even more abnormal rate than he does in the regular season in the corners. That said, maybe I was just magnifying this being the playoffs and all.

#306 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

The Devils game is the highest rated NJ telecast in the NY market since Game 1 of NYR/NJ in 2006 (2.8).

www.SterioDesign.com

#307 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

I've noticed Clarkson isn't getting to the front of the net as much as he was in the regular season. Defensively, teams have tightened up in front of the net.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#308 RichL

RichL

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

I was as happy with a playoff loss as one can be. :saddevil:

Philly looked piss poor and extremely beatable. I really hope the Devils gained confidence from that.

OT disappointed.

It looked like they play the game in their heads not on ice and it threw them off their timing.
This team is capable of winning this, they really are, It's just a matter of are they really motivated enough?
I don't mean that in a bad way -- I'm sure they feel the urgency but it doesn't seem to get to the point of real clarity and singleness of purpose.

It's like they think the single purpose, but all their efforts get diluted with minutiae.
It's hard -- the whole "one step at a time" has it's merits, but every single step can't be that urgent or you burn out.

You have to be kidding! Piss poor?? Maybe in the first period, and it was more like rusty. The Devils had the jump alright, but once the game settled it was mostly Flyers.

This was NJ's chance to steal a game, and they didn't close the deal.

BTW, did you miss me? ;)

#309 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

Guess I touched a nerve ...

I'm here for the party

#310 RichL

RichL

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

Not at all...just wondering if we were watching the same game.

#311 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

My impression of the njdevs board the last 2 months:

Yep everybody screaming is the board after whatever loss.

#312 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

+1,

also whether or not Kovy is actually hurt, I'm not buying anything until I see some sort of official statement (which probably won't come while we're still playing, if ever). So I'm not jumping on this whole "Kovy is hurt conspiracy" bandwagon either. He's only played in 2 playoff series and the one with ATL tanked almost immediately. He just won his first one and now we have the Flyers this round. It wouldn't be easy for [i]anyone.

Are you jumping on the "kovy is hurt factual bandwagon" now?

#313 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

Are you jumping on the "kovy is hurt factual bandwagon" now?

why be that guy :noclue:
Posted Image

#314 RichL

RichL

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

Now you can say they played piss poor, at least after the first period. :e-drama:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users