3 replies to this topic

#1 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

The name of the Devils' goalie is Brodeur NOT Briere. How many times are they going to do that? I know that Marty is sort of an unknown player, but maybe one day he will make a name for himself. :rolleyes:

And yes my announcer friends, I too had a feeling that "it was only a matter of time until someone scored in overtime". Just call me Nostradamus.

This would probably bother me less if the Devils would play a full 60 but that just isn't going to happen. I just hope we can take the Flyers down playing 1 or 2 periods per game.

Edited by AEWHistory, 29 April 2012 - 05:23 PM.

Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#2 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

I know what you mean. I think Howie Rose, who calls the Isles games, is worse with names. For years he says El-eee-ash.
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#3 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

And yes my announcer friends, I too had a feeling that "it was only a matter of time until someone scored in overtime". Just call me Nostradamus.

Yeah, I found that line hilarious, too. :lol:

I know what you mean. I think Howie Rose, who calls the Isles games, is worse with names. For years he says El-eee-ash.

I remember watching a Devils - Rangers game this season where, I think it was Sam Rosen, would just confuse Brodeur with Biron all the time (Biron was playing for the Rangers and the commentator was all over tha fact that there were two Martys playing goal :rolleyes: ). That was annoying as hell.

#4 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

Anyone notice that NBC spelt Henrique's name in the forward's lineups? they spelt it like "Hanrique" or something like that. Pretty ironic coming off a GWG in 2OT of a game seven for it to happen now.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users