352 replies to this topic

#301 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:51 PM

Just checking to see how Kovalchuk's ice time was distributed. Henrique had the most ice time of forwards (21:54) which is 6 minutes more than he had in game 1. Andy Greene picked up Kovy's time on the PP.

Henrique's play has really picked up the last 5 games after slumping for the prior 15 or 20.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#302 Stolen

Stolen

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

I need to read this forum more often before a game starts. The lack of optimism and defeatism makes our wins taste that much better!

#303 chaos212

chaos212

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

Devils looked great tonight. Glad we're headed back to Jersey with the series tied.

#304 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:09 AM

Posted Image
"you mean this cage right here mvthafvcka?"
Posted Image

#305 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:22 AM

Dude did Clarkson fvcking plank tonight?
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#306 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:25 AM

Dude did Clarkson fvcking plank tonight?

I think he did, in fact

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#307 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,130 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:36 AM

Some good quotes form TG on Fire and ice from the players especially Marty about Clarkson, its always good to see players taking the pi$$ out of each other:

“I always tell him that he can’t pass the puck, but he had like six, seven assists already,” Brodeur said. “I was like, ‘Maybe you’re a passer now in the playoffs.’ So, it’s nice for him to go to the net and score a typical one of his goals – just hard-nosed, jump on the crossbar, hold it for a second for pictures and moved on.’ I was happy for him. He works hard. He’s got the beard too. He’s proud of that.”

After scoring what turned out to be the winning goal, David Clarkson ended up in a plank position on top of the net, which he had knocked off its pegs after he had been pushed into from behind.

“My superman?” Clarkson asked. “I got shoved from behind and ended up on the net and Zach (Parise) was behind the net, so I was kind of excited. We were yelling a little bit.”

“I was trying to pull him off,” Paris said. “I was like, ‘Get out here. Let’s celebrate.’”

:koolaid:

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#308 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:44 AM

This win has made me a believer.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#309 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:35 AM

[walks into Devils locker room at the end of the game]

I just wanna say good luck...we're all counting on you.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#310 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

[walks into Devils locker room at the end of the game]

I just wanna say good luck...we're all counting on you.

:lol:
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#311 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

This win has made me a believer.

Same!

#312 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

Wow...just wow...in a season full of pleasant surprises, this one was the best by far.

I thought the Devils would find a way to win one game in this series (maybe two if everything broke right), but I thought if they did win, they wouldn't come close to doing it the way they did last night...if anything, I would've had them winning a Game 1-type game, where afterwards you say, "How the hell did they win THAT one?" This game was so impressive on so many levels...I'll be the first to admit I didn't think they had a game like that in them, not with this matchup, not against that opponent. And as the game unfolded, it would've been so crushing if they couldn't have gotten one past Bryzgalov...and it's not like we haven't seen games like that, when the Devils simply can't put one past the opposing goaltender no matter what they do, even if that goalie's pedigree is nothing special.

A huge win on all levels. We'll see soon enough if Game 2 was more a result of the Flyers playing poorly than the Devils executing their game plan extremely well, but for the first time since I knew the Flyers would be the Devils' second-round opponent, I feel some optimism.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#313 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:56 AM

Also its fianlly good to see the Devils being in the playoffs long enough to actually get some decent beard action going.

Clarkson looks a lot tougher with his ginger beard :D

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#314 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

I keep on hearing Simmons did something dirty after the game? I missed it, anybody see what he did?
Posted Image

#315 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

Posted Image

awesome! Bryz looking clueless after getting scored on for the third time! We need more of this look from him

Posted Image
:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: U MAD, FLYERS FANS!? :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
Posted Image

Edited by Legion15, 02 May 2012 - 07:20 AM.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#316 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

Also its fianlly good to see the Devils being in the playoffs long enough to actually get some decent beard action going.

Clarkson looks a lot tougher with his ginger beard :D

Totally! Love seeing that. Andy Greene is looking bad-ass with his beard.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#317 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

With the 2 day rest between game 3 & 4, and the win last night, its safe to say that Kovy will not play game 3. I would think they would rather have him rest those extra days than chance aggravating an injury. This wouldn't be the case if the devils lost last night. Down 2 games they might try to push Kovy in game 3.
Posted Image

#318 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:52 AM

According to the guys on NHL Tonight, the Devils just keep coming at you. I love that.

Totally! Love seeing that. Andy Greene is looking bad-ass with his beard.

I was thinking he would look like Billy Crystal with a beard, but Greene pulls it off.
It's the whiskey talking.

#319 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

Wow...just wow...in a season full of pleasant surprises, this one was the best by far.

I thought the Devils would find a way to win one game in this series (maybe two if everything broke right), but I thought if they did win, they wouldn't come close to doing it the way they did last night...if anything, I would've had them winning a Game 1-type game, where afterwards you say, "How the hell did they win THAT one?" This game was so impressive on so many levels...I'll be the first to admit I didn't think they had a game like that in them, not with this matchup, not against that opponent. And as the game unfolded, it would've been so crushing if they couldn't have gotten one past Bryzgalov...and it's not like we haven't seen games like that, when the Devils simply can't put one past the opposing goaltender no matter what they do, even if that goalie's pedigree is nothing special.

+1

This game showed me the Flyers are beatable. I don't know if it was about the Devils shutting them down defensively and tactically or it was just an off-night for the Flyers, but I was really excited last night. By far the Devils' best game of these playoffs. It's worth noting the Flyers haven't scored less than 2 goals in their previous games this postseason.

#320 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

florida was sooo much better behind their net than these guys, it was like a party for us.

zubie was a monster in the 4th, harrold, bernier, zajac, carter gio, greene, zids, patty and zach are getting it done oops left out henrique, ...goes without saying

larsson and A-train showed signs of life

shutting up the flyer fans and NBC priceless

Edited by EdgeControl, 02 May 2012 - 08:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users