352 replies to this topic

#321 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:11 AM

florida was sooo much better behind their net than these guys, it was like a party for us.

zubie was a monster in the 4th, harrold, bernier, zajac, carter gio, greene, zids, patty and zach are getting it done

larsson and A-train showed signs of life

shutting up the flyer fans and NBC priceless

I would like to see Poni pick up his game a little. He had me facepalming a few times.
Posted Image

#322 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

I would like to see Poni pick up his game a little. He had me facepalming a few times.

yeah, he seems a step late often. maybe playing overly cautious

#323 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

Most complete game we've played this playoff. outside of the first few minutes we controlled the game.
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#324 Stolen

Stolen

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

+1

This game showed me the Flyers are beatable. I don't know if it was about the Devils shutting them down defensively and tactically or it was just an off-night for the Flyers, but I was really excited last night. By far the Devils' best game of these playoffs. It's worth noting the Flyers haven't scored less than 2 goals in their previous games this postseason.

Wait...what?

#325 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

Wait...what?

He meant before last nights game the Flyers haven't scored less then 2 goals in the playoffs

#326 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

Would also like an update since Simmonds received a misconduct for going after Fayne for no reason at the end of the game. Since he has a prior misconduct in a playoff game, doesn't that mean automatic suspension for one game?

That piece of sh!t is such a sore loser, almost as bad as Hartnell
Put food on my family

#327 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,874 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

Florida might actually match up better against us than the Flyers. The Panthers speed turned our defense around plenty of times each game, we really haven't seen it that much in this series.

#328 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

+1

This game showed me the Flyers are beatable. I don't know if it was about the Devils shutting them down defensively and tactically or it was just an off-night for the Flyers, but I was really excited last night. By far the Devils' best game of these playoffs. It's worth noting the Flyers haven't scored less than 2 goals in their previous games this postseason.

I think it was a combination of both. If we win at home on Thursday the same way it will be like an earthquake hit Philly. Last night or not they still think this is their Cup year. It will be soooooooooo sweat to knock them out of the playoffs again :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#329 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,899 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

Would also like an update since Simmonds received a misconduct for going after Fayne for no reason at the end of the game. Since he has a prior misconduct in a playoff game, doesn't that mean automatic suspension for one game?

That piece of sh!t is such a sore loser, almost as bad as Hartnell

Nope. It's such bullsh!t.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#330 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

The slashing thing is still bothering me. It got kinda lost in the mix, so I'll ask it again: When did knocking the stick out of your opponent's hands become a slashing minor? It's always seemed like -- as far as stick-on-stick slashing goes -- the standard was whether or not the stick broke. Broken stick? Sit for two minutes, feel shame, then you are free. But knocking it out of their hands? Twice last night we got minors because the Flyers had butter fingers.

Do I just have crappy memory, or is it really something that's called so rarely (if at all) that it's tough to remember other instances?
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#331 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,899 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

The slashing thing is still bothering me. It got kinda lost in the mix, so I'll ask it again: When did knocking the stick out of your opponent's hands become a slashing minor? It's always seemed like -- as far as stick-on-stick slashing goes -- the standard was whether or not the stick broke. Broken stick? Sit for two minutes, feel shame, then you are free. But knocking it out of their hands? Twice last night we got minors because the Flyers had butter fingers.

Do I just have crappy memory, or is it really something that's called so rarely (if at all) that it's tough to remember other instances?

I've definitely seen it called before, especially during the penalty crackdowns in 2005-06. You'd hear the old meathead hockey commentators whine about players being unable to hold on to their sticks.

#332 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

NJ.com: who stepped up most in Game 2

also mentions our buddy Pierre

Andy Greene: The main part of the stat sheet is blank -- no goals, no assists, no shots -- but take a look at the intangibles: A team-high five blocked shots, a team-high 29 shifts, a team-high 22:58 ice time. Greene got lots of third-period love from NBC analyst Pierre McGuire (although Devils fans on NJ.com were ripping the analyst in our comments sections during and after the game).

Even nj.com recognizes the hate for Pierre.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#333 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

I've definitely seen it called before, especially during the penalty crackdowns in 2005-06. You'd hear the old meathead hockey commentators whine about players being unable to hold on to their sticks.

Ah, thanks for confirming it's just my crappy memory.

I don't like stick checks getting called slashing (stick breakage or not), but as long as it's consistent I can't complain.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#334 gata

gata

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

Somebody should make that Salvatore empty net goal a gif! EPIC

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#335 Stolen

Stolen

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

He meant before last nights game the Flyers haven't scored less then 2 goals in the playoffs

o i thought he meant 2 or less lol not 0 or 1

#336 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

I think Wellwood has a career in ballet or ice skating competition with the over the top embellishment of Zidlicky's elbow hit. Granted, his head made contact with Zid's elbow, but he literally made a grammy performance out of it and spun in mid air for more than 360 degrees.

Please, someone find this.
Put food on my family

#337 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

I think Wellwood has a career in ballet or ice skating competition with the over the top embellishment of Zidlicky's elbow hit. Granted, his head made contact with Zid's elbow, but he literally made a grammy performance out of it and spun in mid air for more than 360 degrees.

Please, someone find this.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#338 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

This is what happens when you play 50 minutes instead of 20. Loved how they kept pushing in the third until the got that first goal. It was clear that Bryzgalov would start sucking after he got beat once.

believe-3devils.jpg

#339 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

to be fair so far the Devils played 4 good periods and flyers 2... Marty has been good or decent for 6... Bryz for 2....

if we keep it up we can win !!!

www.SterioDesign.com

#340 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,899 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

This is what happens when you play 50 minutes instead of 20. Loved how they kept pushing in the third until the got that first goal. It was clear that Bryzgalov would start sucking after he got beat once.

It's also what happens when the opposition shows up for 10 minutes. The Flyers were atrocious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users