352 replies to this topic

#341 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

It's also what happens when the opposition shows up for 10 minutes. The Flyers were atrocious.

So.....Devils don't get any credit?

believe-3devils.jpg

#342 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,793 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

So.....Devils don't get any credit?

Sure they do, they played a very solid game after a shaky first. It's just that I don't expect the Flyers to play that poorly, or the Devils to play that well, in any of the subsequent games. I know I'll see a bunch of complaining that the Devils have to 'get back to what they did in Game 2' if the Devils are down 3-1 in this series, and that's simply a refusal to acknowledge that there are two teams on the ice, not one.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#343 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

they said it the flyers would wake up after the game 1 first period...they did, they won in ot. they showed up for the first period in game 2 and then stopped. who says it wont happen again? i believe. keep chugging boys. keep pressing. keep pressing.

#344 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

LOL I can't stop watching it. It's actually entertaining. Thanks for finding this.

5/6 for smooth rotation. 6/6 for landing.
Put food on my family

#345 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

Sure they do, they played a very solid game after a shaky first. It's just that I don't expect the Flyers to play that poorly, or the Devils to play that well, in any of the subsequent games. I know I'll see a bunch of complaining that the Devils have to 'get back to what they did in Game 2' if the Devils are down 3-1 in this series, and that's simply a refusal to acknowledge that there are two teams on the ice, not one.

The Flyers aren't good defensively and their goalie is questionable. What you're seeing is that most of the favorites are gone, one of the
remaining ones is in deep sh!t, and the last remaining one that isn't buried survives on attrition hockey.

The things they did wrong in Game 2, they did wrong in Game 1, they just didn't do anything right that they did in Game 1 and we did far less things wrong.

There's no reason they can't win this series. I don't think they're the favorite, but it's silly to suggest it's a 5 game series and what happened yesterday was more or less a fluke. If the Devils got a better bounce on that nutty scramble before the Flyers won the game, this is possibly 2-0 good guys going back to NJ.

#346 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

I really don't know what to make of this Flyers team, or this Devils team. That's why they play the games I guess.

At this point I really don't know what to expect in this series, which I strongly prefer to my pessimism before and after game 1.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman, 02 May 2012 - 03:35 PM.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#347 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

I really don't know what to make of this Flyers team, or this Devils team. That's why they play the games I guess.

At this point I really don't know what to expect in this series, which I strongly prefer to my pessimism before and after game 1.

thats where im at minus the pessimism...

we played very well in game 1 with two tie goals...

and our first period in game two had a few good chances.

Edited by lazer, 02 May 2012 - 03:57 PM.

Posted Image

#348 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,557 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

thats where im at minus the pessimism...

we played very well in game 1 with two tie goals...

and our first period in game two had a few good chances.

Careful with that one...Sykora's tying goal had to do a lot more with poor goaltending than anything Sykora or the Devils did well. The Devils were lucky to be in that one as long as they were...if anything, I would have to think the Flyers would've been beyond beside themselves had they lost. Last night was a different story. Devils outplayed them, and significantly at that.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#349 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,505 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Careful with that one...Sykora's tying goal had to do a lot more with poor goaltending than anything Sykora or the Devils did well. The Devils were lucky to be in that one as long as they were...if anything, I would have to think the Flyers would've been beyond beside themselves had they lost. Last night was a different story. Devils outplayed them, and significantly at that.

Sykora had nobody in front of him when he was going to shoot, I think it's a little unfair to put that all on the goalie. Sykora's only real value to the Devils is that he can shoot, so he should be scoring goals when put in a situation like that.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#350 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

and Syko faked first and went wrister 5-hole, thats not luck, its clutch.

my point was that the tie goals represented the Devils keeping the game close...in other words, Syko's goal represented the Devils staying in the game.

if the Devils let up for one period the Flyers can run away with the game.

edit: the notion of "letting up" is just as bad as "60 minutes"

Edited by lazer, 02 May 2012 - 04:49 PM.

Posted Image

#351 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

and Syko faked first and went wrister 5-hole, thats not luck, its clutch.

my point was that the tie goals represented the Devils keeping the game close...in other words, Syko's goal represented the Devils staying in the game.

if the Devils let up for one period the Flyers can run away with the game.

edit: the notion of "letting up" is just as bad as "60 minutes"

And what if Marty did not give that puck away, it still would of been a tie game in the second. We could be easily up 2-0 in the series right now.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#352 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,793 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

The Flyers aren't good defensively and their goalie is questionable. What you're seeing is that most of the favorites are gone, one of the
remaining ones is in deep sh!t, and the last remaining one that isn't buried survives on attrition hockey.

The things they did wrong in Game 2, they did wrong in Game 1, they just didn't do anything right that they did in Game 1 and we did far less things wrong.

There's no reason they can't win this series. I don't think they're the favorite, but it's silly to suggest it's a 5 game series and what happened yesterday was more or less a fluke. If the Devils got a better bounce on that nutty scramble before the Flyers won the game, this is possibly 2-0 good guys going back to NJ.

I agree that the Flyers aren't good defensively and their goalie is questionable. I also think their forwards are deeper and better than anyone left in the NHL playoffs.

I still think the Devils are pretty big underdogs (<40% to win the series), and that the Flyers will not play that poorly again. And had they played a good 3rd period, they could've slipped out of Philadelphia with 2 wins.

Edited by Triumph, 02 May 2012 - 05:46 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#353 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,967 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

And what if Marty did not give that puck away, it still would of been a tie game in the second. We could be easily up 2-0 in the series right now.

there's way to many "if" in a hockey game... yesterday what if Clarkson would not have been ejected from the faceoffs before the 2nd goal? maybe the game would have turned differently from there? who knows

Edited by SterioDesign, 02 May 2012 - 05:47 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users