• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#21 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

On one hand it sucks to lose a top line forward but on the other his injury was making him a liability. Get better Kovalchuk!

#22 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

Better an end with pain than pain without end

#23 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

I bet its a hamstring or a groin.

Has to be.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#24 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

Good thing about Sestito, like you've all said, is his grit and intensity. He doesn't take too many penalties but does play hard. And I think he'll DRAW some penalties out of the Flyers. He's like a Clarkson from 3-4 years ago, could be good, could be bad... We'll see.

Just trying to stay optimistic.

The guy has 0 goals in 64 NHL games. He's like Clarkson if you removed the goal-scoring talent and added more falling down. The 4th line will get annihilated tonight, it's just a question of whether Brodeur can make the stops.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#25 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

When you adjust Tim Sestito's ice time, he basically has the same career shots on goal rate as Cam Janssen.

Edited by Triumph, 01 May 2012 - 10:10 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#26 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

If Steven Gionta was called up today, and not a few weeks ago, no one would have ever thought he would be a game-changer at a few clutch moments this series. But that's how the story of the playoffs played out. We'll see what Sestito does and react.

Have some faith, at least in the rest of the team!

#27 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

Zharkov can play a pretty gritty game, but he also got knocked around a bit at the same time. Sestito held his ground a little better.

I can imagine Clarkson moves up to the 2nd line and Bernier moves up to the 3rd line and Sestito fits in the 4th line.

I think he has worked on that since the start of the season from what I have seen in the game highlights in the Albany thread. Zharkov is also the bigger body out of the two.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#28 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

If Steven Gionta was called up today, and not a few weeks ago, no one would have ever thought he would be a game-changer at a few clutch moments this series. But that's how the story of the playoffs played out. We'll see what Sestito does and react.

Have some faith, at least in the rest of the team!

Very nice point DJ!

#29 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,969 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

When you adjust Tim Sestito's ice time, he basically has the same career shots on goal rate as Cam Janssen.

It's sad really. He's gotten so many looks and has generated nothing, but yet they keep giving him more chances. The sad part is there is just no one to really bring up when you know Zharkov won't get another shot and Tedenby was never going to be.

Not sure what I want the lines to be tonight since that 4th line has been really good. It really sucks that Philly can role 4 excellent lines, so much so that you can't really hide anyone.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#30 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

we started the diablos when this team sucked ass last year, we will support anyone who steps on the ice.

go devils.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#31 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

UPDATE: Tom Gulitti says that Larsson is skating on one of the defensive lines, and they moved Harrold to RW on the fourth line. I like this move A LOT better.

EDIT: Just to repeat, these are all options and not final decisions. I think that's why the Devils started their skate 15 minutes earlier. Nice move by DeBoer.

Edited by DJ Eco, 01 May 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#32 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

The guy has 0 goals in 64 NHL games. He's like Clarkson if you removed the goal-scoring talent and added more falling down. The 4th line will get annihilated tonight, it's just a question of whether Brodeur can make the stops.

Yeah. Pretty much this.

I also credited with you on the thought you had a few days ago. This pretty much encapsulates your point on the fact that if Parise leaves, the Devils are in trouble. They have no NHL caliber talent in the organization on the wings.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#33 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

I bet its a hamstring or a groin.

Has to be.

Nothing concrete but the rumors I saw suggested his back. That would explain his skating loss and shooting shyness.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#34 NLinfante

NLinfante

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

My guess is that we wont have to worry about Sestito and we'll see Adam back on D. It's the safer move, I think, because if AL struggles on D Pete can move Harrold back and then double shift a forward with Gio and Carter on the 4th line, probably Zach.

Edited by NLinfante, 01 May 2012 - 10:18 AM.

#35 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

Could be worse, guys.

Could be Boulton.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#36 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

UPDATE: Tom Gulitti says that Larsson is skating on one of the defensive lines, and they moved Harrold to RW on the fourth line. I like this move A LOT better.

EDIT: Just to repeat, these are all options and not final decisions. I think that's why the Devils started their skate 15 minutes earlier. Nice move by DeBoer.

This is an interesting idea. I want Zharkov or even Tedenby, but I'm glad the team is trying to think outside the box and realized Kovalchuk is a serious liability at this point.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#37 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

harrold is our luxury forward/d. it helps a lot with strategy.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#38 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

Nothing concrete but the rumors I saw suggested his back. That would explain his skating loss and shooting shyness.

Interesting. Might make some sense since we haven't seen him wind for many of those rockets at the point, which require a lot of torque and balance, which would put strain on the back.

Either way, even if he gets three or four days of rest, I'm not sure it will dramatically help over the series.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#39 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

Elias centering Parise and Clarkson. Zajac centering Ponikarovsky and Zubrus; Henrique centering Sykora and Bernier.

Peter Harrold skating at RW on fourth line with Carter and Gionta. Larsson paired with Volchenkov. Other two D pairs the same.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#40 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

Lou confirmed it was a "day-to-day lower-body injury".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users