The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

This sums up Pierre McGuire perfectly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8v8C3scwvg

? cant really hear what he say's, all I hear is the crowd noise, unless you mean the "woop" ??

#62 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

? cant really hear what he say's, all I hear is the crowd noise, unless you mean the "woop" ??

Pierre ruined the call and the moment. Look at the context of the game. Monumental game-tying goal, climactic 'Can you believe it?' ....to which Pierre immediately replies "I can, blah blah blah'

#63 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

this guy looks like an earthworm with glasses

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#64 centralnj

centralnj

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

What kind of tool changes his name from Regis to Pierre to sound more French Canadian? Hate him! He embarrassed himself last night. If
he ever listens to the broadcast he'll see it.

#65 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

Is anyone watching the Rangers-Capitals game right now? There were actually a few arguments early on between Doc/the other guy and Pierre. You could tell they can't stand the guy. Within the first 8 minutes, they disagreed 2-3 times on something that happened and for the first time, Doc and the other guy called him out on it. You could tell Doc was rolling his eyes while talking..

#66 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

Oh yeah you can tell olczyk hates him

#67 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

nj.com: Devils hot topic, what do you think of Pierre McGuire, NBC broadcast team?

People venting like crazy on this thread, so much so there's a separate story for it :lol:

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#68 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

He was at it again last night. He called Patty's goal a "bad goal." It was a perfect screen shot and he called it weak. Meahwhile, the Flyers first goal, an obviously weak goal was a sensational shot. What an ass!!

#69 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

He was at it again last night. He called Patty's goal a "bad goal." It was a perfect screen shot and he called it weak. Meahwhile, the Flyers first goal, an obviously weak goal was a sensational shot. What an ass!!

He's terrible, why the hell do we have "inside the glass" anyway. "Oh look ho close I am!" it's ridiculous, I can't believe people enjoy listening to him.

#70 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

pierre mcquire has sucked this series, but patty's goal was a weak goal. there was no screen and the puck hit bryzgalov's blocker and went in.

#71 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

He's terrible, why the hell do we have "inside the glass" anyway. "Oh look ho close I am!" it's ridiculous, I can't believe people enjoy listening to him.

I can't stand it either. It's the same as having some random person on the sideline during football games to tell us something obvious, like when a player gets carted off the field with his leg bent backwards and they cut to some lady or Tony Siragusa on the sideline 10 minutes later saying they think he may not return this quarter. Oh really?? Thanks!
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#72 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

He kind of soured poni's OT goal as well, I don't know if anyone else heard it. Something to the effect of..

'that's an ugly goal, in a warm arena, on bad ice'

I don't think I have it exactly right..but you guys get the point. fvck off pierre

Edit: I just listened to the call again, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.

fvck pierre regardless :whistling:

Edited by Devilsfan118, 04 May 2012 - 10:44 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#73 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

In his defense he continued to compliment the devils on their cycle last night... In fact that's all he said for about 10 minutes

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#74 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

He kind of soured poni's OT goal as well, I don't know if anyone else heard it. Something to the effect of..

I don't think I have it exactly right..but you guys get the point. fvck off pierre

Edit: I just listened to the call again, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.

Yeah thats about what he said......anything to piss on our parade basically
and yeah F him

#75 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,969 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

This is fantastic and just shows how perception of an announcer can not only take things they say the wrong way but also make stuff up. By the way this was Pierre McGuire's quote:

"Then a skillful play by Ponikarovsky. Not an easy thing to do in a warm building on bad ice in overtime on your backhand."

And he was right. The ice was awful and it was a heck of a play by Pony to hammer home a quick rebound that is bouncing on his backhand.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#76 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

this guy looks like an earthworm with glasses

Posted Image

BRIERE IS THE BEST PLAYOFF PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF THE NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE, EVER, EVER.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#77 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

This is fantastic and just shows how perception of an announcer can not only take things they say the wrong way but also make stuff up. By the way this was Pierre McGuire's quote:

"Then a skillful play by Ponikarovsky. Not an easy thing to do in a warm building on bad ice in overtime on your backhand."

And he was right. The ice was awful and it was a heck of a play by Pony to hammer home a quick rebound that is bouncing on his backhand.

The comment irked me... It felt more like he was calling out The Rock than complimenting Poni.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#78 RayT

RayT

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hm.....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#79 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,969 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

The comment irked me... It felt more like he was calling out The Rock than complimenting Poni.

Again, when you hate an announcer, you can't see clearly. We all saw the ice was terrible all night. He was giving credit to Pony while watching the replay how skillful that play was as the puck was bouncing. There is nothing else to the comment no matter what anyone here wants to think. It was just a great play by Poni and Kovy. Let me guess...right before when he said "Ilya Kovalchuk working some magic"...that was also an insult/

I have listened (unfortunately) Pierre McGuire for years, and he has shown nothing but incredible respect for the New Jersey Devils.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#80 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

Posted Image

BRIERE IS THE BEST PLAYOFF PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF THE NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE, EVER, EVER.

Groovy, lol. Oh Sega Genesis, I miss you so. On topic, I always thought Pierre looked more like a pecker with glasses than Earthworm Jim, although the eyes are dead. Could pitch a Earthworm Jim movie and cast Pierre as the lead, lololol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users