92 replies to this topic

#81 davieboynj

davieboynj

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

I have no problem with the guy. He's a color commentator, so he's basically born to be hated - everybody hates people who feel the need to fill all the empty space in conversation - he's just paid for it. I think if we all left our devils inferiority/superiority complexes at the door his commentary wouldn't seem so bad.

I had never seen the can-rus video, though... Talk about not being able to judge the room temperature. It's too bad the play by play guy didn't have his hand close enough to pierre's cough button to keep him from stepping on that one.

Oh, and the long stick video was super weird. But, on the other hand, if i was on camera all the time i'm sure you'd be able to find some doozies on me.
Hedberg: "...You never know what you’re going to get. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. That’s all I can say. I know this is a very, very good place to be. I’ve been to a few places and I can say this is a very good one.

#82 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

He has been exceptionally awful this series.
Posted Image Posted Image

#83 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Even listening to bits and pieces of the tape last night, you pick up goofiness, like when that shot that Brodeur dove for and missed hit the post, Albert correctly said it hit the post and Pierre thought it was a great save by Marty, then admitted Albert got it right after seeing a replay - but when Albert said he could hear the ping, Pierre said he couldn't hear anything down there. Bear in mind, Pierre's at ice level and Albert's in the Fire Lounge. How does HE hear the post and Pierre not?
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#84 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

Milbury calls Pierre a Soccer Mom :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by Legion15, 06 May 2012 - 10:45 PM.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#85 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:51 PM

I ran into Pierre after the game on the sidewalk. He was running to his car and he seemed to be in a rush. I just yelled "Hey hey Pierre!". He was kind enough to slow down and say "hows it going boys" to me and my friend. So he was nice and one very noticeable person lol.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#86 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,320 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:57 AM

I hated Pierre a few days ago... but I give him props for lines like "the aggressive forecheck of the Devils is frustrating the Flyers". I hope these NBC guys will continuously harp on "the aggressive forecheck of the Devils" so maybe, at least amongst more serious hockey fans, the whole "trap" reputation will fade a little bit.
Posted Image

#87 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

I really have no problem with Pierre:
http://www.njdevs.co...ndpost&p=464294

However, I will say this. Most people either love or hate him. Because he isn't BLAND. He says some really crazy sh!t and has some really odd idiosyncrasies, but he isn't boring like the people CBC sometimes have calling the games.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#88 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:59 AM

I really have no problem with Pierre:
http://www.njdevs.co...ndpost&p=464294

However, I will say this. Most people either love or hate him. Because he isn't BLAND. He says some really crazy sh!t and has some really odd idiosyncrasies, but he isn't boring like the people CBC sometimes have calling the games.

My favorite word he uses is 'Apoplectic'...'John Totorella is apoplectic on the bench!.'

believe-zubrus.jpg

#89 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

He was at it again last night: Never mentioned what the Devils did right. Only what the Flyers did wrong. And if the Flyers started to get momentum, he was in heaven. Then when the Devils turned it around-- 'this and that is what the Flyers need to do.' F- that d**k with ears.

#90 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

He was on XmRadio this morning pretty much saying that all the credit should go to the Devils for frustrating the Flyers.
It's the whiskey talking.

#91 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

Yes. He does that. But during the game, all he does is lament and whine. Almost never mentions the Devils.

#92 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

Yes. He does that. But during the game, all he does is lament and whine. Almost never mentions the Devils.

Yea, he seems much more objective on the radio. Must be the "hot" Rock that screws him up!
It's the whiskey talking.

#93 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

Yea, he seems much more objective on the radio. Must be the "hot" Rock that screws him up!

Well, obviously you should put two and two together there. There is a massive conflict of interest, of course it's good for the NHL because they get alot of money for their TV rights, but there's still a conflict of interest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users