• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#261 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

What a night. Beyond pumped. Loudest the Rock has ever been trust me on that- I've been to every playoff game played in this building. Unreal. Keep it going boys!!!!

exactly...and there were like 250 total Phailures fans there.. great to see almost 100% Red
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#262 robdeselich88

robdeselich88

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

Less then 300 Philly fans there. Sunday may have more being it a weekend.

Marty played like Marty. Can't get in him, flyers are

Flyers are paid to score goals, too

BTW noone in NJ can legally buy and use a taser ( police included).
img]http://jerseydatabase.com/sig/temp.png?ran=987145633[/img]

#263 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:53 PM

Just an all around great night!
Posted Image Posted Image

#264 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

BTW noone in NJ can legally buy and use a taser ( police included).

According to my cop buddy he just said that New Jersey changed the law recently allowing some departments to use tazers. Maybe the Newark cops were anxious to use them. :giggle:

Edited by Zubie#8, 03 May 2012 - 11:55 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#265 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

exactly...and there were like 250 total Phailures fans there.. great to see almost 100% Red

Yeah, the Phailure fan "invasion" was much ado about nothing. The ones that were there were mostly okay, although I did see a couple of incidents where security needed to get involved.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#266 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:04 AM

I really thought that Philadelphia would be a juggernaut, but they are paper tiger-ish - Hartnell is injured, Jagr appears shot, Giroux might be hurt, and their defense isn't a strength of this team. NJ beat them again at 5 on 5. Still, one bad performance by NJ and it'll be 2-2 and Philly will have the home ice advantage again. Foot on the throat time, gents.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#267 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

big big win...have another...bada bing bang boom

hey refs you fvcking svck nvt sacks

edit: yeah dont let up, LGD!

Edited by lazer, 04 May 2012 - 12:09 AM.

Posted Image

#268 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

NBC Sports NHL Tonight with MIllbury and crew just called out the refs for making 3 bad calls against the Devils and credited the Devils for not complaining about it and out-working the Flyers on the PK

for those of you that think we never get kudos on TV

Devils 15-2 when Kovy and Parise score a goal
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#269 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

NBC Sports NHL Tonight with MIllbury and crew just called out the refs for making 3 bad calls against the Devils and credited the Devils for not complaining about it and out-working the Flyers on the PK

for those of you that think we never get kudos on TV

Devils 15-2 when Kovy and Parise score a goal

Just watched that, it was great to hear! :boogie:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#270 Confusious

Confusious

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

Wow. Haven't been this proud of NJ in years.

Fun fact: the last time the Devils won 8 playoff games... they went on to win the Stanley Cup.

Posted Image

#271 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:33 AM

Posted Image

Salvador trying to cop a feel

Zajac had a monster game. Also, the refs were horrible. The flyers simulate everything, flopping their heads back and diving any chance they get.

Great atmosphere at the rock. Vast majority wearing red. Maybe 8% failure fans. I'll venture to say that, when full, we have one of the loudest fan bases/arena in the league.

Edited by devlman, 04 May 2012 - 03:52 AM.

#272 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:25 AM

If this game taught us one thing, it's this:

Taxi drivers are better at hockey than astronauts are.

Nicely done, sir!

Also, unrelated...but since it seems to be my good luck charm with this team as of late...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHeP9Sve48
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#273 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:15 AM

I really thought that Philadelphia would be a juggernaut, but they are paper tiger-ish - Hartnell is injured, Jagr appears shot, Giroux might be hurt, and their defense isn't a strength of this team. NJ beat them again at 5 on 5. Still, one bad performance by NJ and it'll be 2-2 and Philly will have the home ice advantage again. Foot on the throat time, gents.

I thought the Flyers were taking this in five, and I also thought Game 1 was going to repeat itself at least three more times in this series.

Obviously, anything can happen in OT...it's fitting that each team has won an OT game. But it's incredibly encouraging that, after those two brutal periods in Game 1 where the two-steps-slower Devils appeared to be back, that the Devils have, for the most part, either been playing better than or equal to the Flyers. I didn't think they had it in them to do that, and I especially didn't think they had it in them to do it two games in a row. Of course, the biggest key is that they found a way to win last night...I still would've been impressed with how they played last night, but being up 2-1 sounds SO much better than being down 2-1. No "they played well, but" today.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#274 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:24 AM

And really the crowd last night almost deserves its own thread.. All through the game it was a hostile environment for their fans.. The bathrooms were insane!! It really felt like after all the years of getting tossed around by their fans, we just gave it all back in one night

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#275 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

But it's incredibly encouraging that, after those two brutal periods in Game 1 where the two-steps-slower Devils appeared to be back, that the Devils have, for the most part, either been playing better than or equal to the Flyers.

I also find it encouraging that, despite being reminded constantly that Ilya Bryzgalov gave up one goal in three regular season starts against the Devils (oh yeah, don't forget the two shutouts), the Devils are having no problem putting pucks by him.

It's a whooooooooole different season, baby...
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#276 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

And really the crowd last night almost deserves its own thread.. All through the game it was a hostile environment for their fans.. The bathrooms were insane!! It really felt like after all the years of getting tossed around by their fans, we just gave it all back in one night

And I owe you a brew my friend! Tried to get you one but I just missed the damned cutoff.

To anybody who hasn't met Colin yet...one of the nicest and most down-to-earth people you'll meet.

And yeah, about the bathrooms...since I was wearing my year 2000 Daneyko jersey, some Flyer fan started calling me an alcoholic while I was waiting to take a whizz...every Devils fan near me who heard that guy basically abused him and the Flyers for the next 10 minutes. I didn't say anything to him myself, just shook my head at him, but the Devils fans were getting zinger after zinger in...really shut him up and made him look like an ass.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#277 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

Absolutely awesome night! This is already the best payoff run we've had post-lockout and it's kinda crazy to think that we have a good shot at reaching the conference final! :)

That win was huge for the Devils (and their fans as well) psychologically. First of all, we can push the Flyers to the brink of elimination in game 4. Who would've thought? Secondly: if the Flyers win this thing in OT, this is an enormous psychological edge for them next time this series goes to overtime. Not to mention that this Kovy hits the post - Flyers score sequence in the 3rd would haunt us all in our nightmares. And the third thing: even if we lose game 4, this is still a tied series that goes at least six games. So, basically, the win in game 3 guaranteed the Devils are in it no mater what.

Zach was absolutely amazing. He's everywhere. He's fast, dynamic and he makes this team going. You can just see how engaged he is and how much fun he is having out there, especially during the celebrations.

Great come back by Kovy, too. Unbelievable what a difference a few days off can make. Marty, unfortunately, looked more like the 40-yo Marty rather than vintage Marty (oh, those bad angle shots). The good thing is, the Devils still won with him having a bit of a rough night and the probability says we'll see the good ol' Brodeur sooner than later.

Can't describe how happy I was with the win last night. It would've been a shame had they lost a game like that.

Absolutely awesome night! This is already the best payoff run we've had post-lockout and it's kinda crazy to think that we have a good shot at reaching the conference final! :)

That win was huge for the Devils (and their fans as well) psychologically. First of all, we can push the Flyers to the brink of elimination in game 4. Who would've thought? Secondly: if the Flyers win this thing in OT, this is an enormous psychological edge for them next time this series goes to overtime. Not to mention that this Kovy hits the post - Flyers score sequence in the 3rd would haunt us all in our nightmares. And the third thing: even if we lose game 4, this is still a tied series that goes at least six games. So, basically, the win in game 3 guaranteed the Devils are in it no mater what.

Zach was absolutely amazing. He's everywhere. He's fast, dynamic and he makes this team going. You can just see how engaged he is and how much fun he is having out there, especially during the celebrations.

Great come back by Kovy, too. Unbelievable what a difference a few days off can make. Marty, unfortunately, looked more like the 40-yo Marty rather than vintage Marty (oh, those bad angle shots). The good thing is, the Devils still won with him having a bit of a rough night and the probability says we'll see the good ol' Brodeur sooner than later.

Can't describe how happy I was with the win last night. It would've been a shame had they lost a game like that.

#278 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

Y'all were loud! Completely drowned out Glow Worm (GW).
It's the whiskey talking.

#279 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:53 AM

Add this to the long list of things the refs fvcked up on.

It's so satisfying when your team can outplay, at any given moment, six orange douches and four blind zebras.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#280 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0yKWARD5o8&

Add this to the long list of things the refs fvcked up on.

It's so satisfying when your team can outplay, at any given moment, six orange douches and four blind zebras.

Aye. I yelled out on that one. WT?
It's the whiskey talking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users