323 replies to this topic

#281 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

Y'all were loud! Completely drowned out Glow Worm (GW).

LOL! I think he got hit on the bean during one of the interviews.

Im watching the game again this morning :)

#282 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

NBC Sports NHL Tonight with MIllbury and crew just called out the refs for making 3 bad calls against the Devils and credited the Devils for not complaining about it and out-working the Flyers on the PK

for those of you that think we never get kudos on TV

Devils 15-2 when Kovy and Parise score a goal

well, if it was sincere, it's about damn time!

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#283 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,424 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:19 AM

I'm pretty happy. This is where they should be.

The Flyers are what they are, and I thought they'd mentally rough their way past the Devils. This is still a very real possibility... my hope for next game is that the flyers amp it up and the refs call them out everything to make up for their failures from last night. I'd like a little help with the Flyers mental beat down.

BUT.. that has nothing to do with the Devils. The Devils just need to know they are that good when they play. They have nothing to worry about AS LONG AS THEY PLAY. They have exceeded many expectations -- but they have not even reached their capabilities. I hope they understand this is their starting point.

Now, they are in the position, and have the capability, to ratchet it up a notch, and then another ... and when they need to, yet another (that'll be the "holy sh!t!" moment). These guys are not playing at maximum potential yet. One game at a time - but see the through line all the way out to June... do not lose sight of your goal here.

I'm here for the party

#284 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:19 AM

LOL! I think he got hit on the bean during one of the interviews.

Im watching the game again this morning :)

A helmet right? He also had this red mark on the side of his head.
It's the whiskey talking.

#285 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

Did that video of the Pahilure fans fighting each other make it to Youtube yet? dying to see this.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#286 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

the devils know how to beat them hopefully they continue to execute in this matter and marty plays a little bit in game 4.

#287 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0yKWARD5o8&

Add this to the long list of things the refs fvcked up on.

It's so satisfying when your team can outplay, at any given moment, six orange douches and four blind zebras.

Things like this is why I say they have no class

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#288 Skates

Skates

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

Did that video of the Pahilure fans fighting each other make it to Youtube yet? dying to see this.

This obviously isn't the one your talking about, but its kinda funny and got me pumped a bit.

Edited by Skates, 04 May 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#289 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

lol that goon looked like he had a few too many to drink and was just aching to throw a punch. It's always funny to watch their fans walk out in shame throwing tantrums. He really shouldn't complain though, their fans do it all the time in their own arena. Was he expecting a calmer experience in Newark?

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#290 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

Honestly the last time I remember opposing team's fans being this bad was in 94-97 Rags. I saw plenty of fights inside and outside CAA during those years.

Seems like the Rags got quiet for a while after icing a sh!tty hockey team for almost a decade after so that calmed down their fans a tiny bit. The same cannot be said for the mutant Flyers fans.

#291 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

I'm pretty happy. This is where they should be.

The Flyers are what they are, and I thought they'd mentally rough their way past the Devils. This is still a very real possibility... my hope for next game is that the flyers amp it up and the refs call them out everything to make up for their failures from last night. I'd like a little help with the Flyers mental beat down.

BUT.. that has nothing to do with the Devils. The Devils just need to know they are that good when they play. They have nothing to worry about AS LONG AS THEY PLAY. They have exceeded many expectations -- but they have not even reached their capabilities. I hope they understand this is their starting point.

Now, they are in the position, and have the capability, to ratchet it up a notch, and then another ... and when they need to, yet another (that'll be the "holy sh!t!" moment). These guys are not playing at maximum potential yet. One game at a time - but see the through line all the way out to June... do not lose sight of your goal here.

you sound like a mom just not mine

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#292 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

lol that goon looked like he had a few too many to drink and was just aching to throw a punch. It's always funny to watch their fans walk out in shame throwing tantrums. He really shouldn't complain though, their fans do it all the time in their own arena. Was he expecting a calmer experience in Newark?

And from the sound of the video it started when that idiot Flyers fan threw some of his water onto the Devils fan and then acted like he was wronged.

Judging by the Flyers fan's appearance, he will have plenty of time to reflect on it during his daily trip to the tanning salon today.

#293 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

Holy crap is that Johnny Mac at :49?

Awesome seeing the Flyers fans making a quick exit to go listen to Mac Miller in their cars and pretend the night had ended differently.

Edited by Jmorc2003, 04 May 2012 - 10:18 AM.

#294 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

And I owe you a brew my friend! Tried to get you one but I just missed the damned cutoff.

To anybody who hasn't met Colin yet...one of the nicest and most down-to-earth people you'll meet.

And yeah, about the bathrooms...since I was wearing my year 2000 Daneyko jersey, some Flyer fan started calling me an alcoholic while I was waiting to take a whizz...every Devils fan near me who heard that guy basically abused him and the Flyers for the next 10 minutes. I didn't say anything to him myself, just shook my head at him, but the Devils fans were getting zinger after zinger in...really shut him up and made him look like an ass.

Haha thanks but in reality you bought me a few beers before I was even old enough to return the favor ;-) so I think I still owe you!

And I reciprocate what CR1975 said, he's a great guy in person, in addition to being a fantastic poster on here.. Definitely fun to have him in 225 for games!

Just a great, hostile atmosphere.. Never seen that at a Devils game before but I loved it!! Let's give them hell on Sunday!!

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#295 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

Holy crap is that Johnny Mac at :48?

I thought the exact same thing LOl

#296 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

How that headbutt gets passed over by the refs is beyond me. They did alot of turning their heads every time the Flyers were clearly committing an infraction.

#297 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

the other one that amazed me that was missed when Volchenkov got his head driven into the glass right in front of the ref in the 3rd period...

#298 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

The bathrooms were insane!!

Ok, that's a weird thing to say.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#299 TomsRiverDevil

TomsRiverDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

Zach is getting me rather pumped up.
Some lipreading after his goal:

"eff dat poop!" - Zach Parise

After his first goal in game 1:

"eff yeah!

PDB's reaction after the phathon delay penalty on Kovy:

"are you effin' kidding me?!"

- Obviously I am editing the actual language

Edited by TomsRiverDevil, 04 May 2012 - 10:15 AM.

#300 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

Aye. I yelled out on that one. WT?

I saw that when it happened too. I turned to my wife sitting next to me, "He just head-butted him!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users