Flyer fans

cheardjr

yeah it takes me back to the home opener to hear these stories. section 13, somewhere in the middle - like row 14 or 15. almost surrounded on all sides by flyers fans. the two to my left were actually pretty quiet and civil and laughed at my responses to the idiots behind us - though mostly said under my breath, didn't feel like really starting a war and be on security's sh!t list. Had the "Real Housewives of Philadelphia" behind me. All early 20's with bleach blond hair nails done, haute couture designer fashions on with flyer jerseys and all that on top. I couldn't see, but wouldn't be surprised if they were wearing heels. All game it was them yelling out crap, trying to act like they knew anything about the game, babbling on about stupid sh!t, "Giroux this" "Briere that" "Hartnell is giving up so much in our zone" blah blah. It was like they thought they were the color commentary section from the point of view of rich bitches.

I seriously wanted to bitchslap each one. Not only are their fans ignorant about most facets of the game, they act like complete neanderthals win or lose. They just live to fight other people or at least get in a trash talking match. I think at least for the "men" in their fanbase, the need to constantly fight like that and spark confrontation is to put a front up to compensate for something else they don't want you to know...

A win in this series would be EPIC. Wipe that smile off Briere's face, stop the commentary on how great he is, make Jagr's "comeback" a complete failure, and further instill that WE are the best team in the area. I'm SICK of hearing all about how the Flyers are such a great team, and how they should be respected. It's about time WE get respect

lol if they start with that bullcrap of AIDS and Breast Cancer, just tell him the doctor called and he needs to get his junk removed, doc found testicular cancer :giggle:

or some crack about and STD or something...if they can dish it out, they should be able to take it in return

Edited by Legion15

I brought my 3 year old to the game last night with heavy apprehension going into it, mainly because of all of the situations described above. I had to bring the kid because the guy I share seasons with couldn't make it and the kid is now 3-0 in these playoffs at games he's attended. Plus he watches every minute of the game and I'm trying to brainwash him into being a Devils fan like dad, instead of a Rangers fan like mom.

We sat next to a group of 3 Flyers fans. Everyone was respectful and exceedingly nice. We had no problems in our section, except for 1 drunk Devils fan yelling at other Devils fans in the section for not having heart or being a real fan because they refused to stand for the entire game like him. While I appreciated the passion the guy had, I didn't appreciate the F bombs being used every other word out of his mouth.

Now, on the way out and walking to the car, we went by a group of 4 drunk Flyers fans. One guy comes up to my son and screams "I f'd your mother." At which point, I pushed him into a tree and his friends pulled him away (He was so drunk, he could barely stand). Amazingly, 2 of the guys in his group came running up to us a block down the road after we walked away and apologized. Some people just take these games too seriously/personally.

Edited by Chuck the Duck

For those that were there and either saw or were unfortunately involved in an incident...file a complaint with the Pru center and the Devils. The more complaints they get regarding the lack of security, the better.

^^^This

And for anyone on Twitter, send your complaints to @PruCenter @NHLDevils @NHLDevilsPR. I just did, and it seems like Twitter is the only place they actually read or listen to regarding complaints these days.

Sat in section 105, next to older man who was a Flyer fan there with his daughters and few other Flyer fans in the area. Everyone respectful, and really the only annoying person was a Devils fan, but obviously not nearly as bad as the Flyer fans being described by other people.

One drunk kid in the bathroom, but he was more or less harmless.

Luckily there was no violence near me in 117. However, there were these two Flyers' fans behind me that were the MOST ANNOYING fans I've ever sat near. They talked the WHOLE GAME about friends, family, the Penguins, the Rangers, etc. They would not shut the fvck up. Then, they started doing play-by-play but knew nothing about hockey. It was just constant "Put it in front", "Get there", or "Let them fight". That's it, repeatedly. I just sat there silently, hating them. But when the Devils won in OT, oh man, I just lost it, turned around and screamed at them, "NOW CAN YOU SHUT THE fvck UP AND GO THE fvck HOME!" Felt great haha. Also proceeded to try to high-five every Flyers' fan coming up the stairs in my section. Not surprisingly, most of them were not fans of this.

Does anyone know who owns the security guards at the rock? Is it outsourced or they state employees?

They are not state employees but they are employeed by a private security company contracted by the Prudential Center.

I know this only because I submitted a complaint about them last year. Never heard anything back.

After reading this thread, people better have that text number for arena security programmed in for the rest of the playoffs I'm afraid.

I didn't see a lot of Flyers fans during play, other than the four in front of me and a bunch in my row, but fortunately they were quiet and not the douchey contingent. I was amused by that clown in a Flyer jersey near the Fire Lounge waving his towel along with the Devil fans when the scoreboard was prompting it lmao.

One of my friends was taken away by security in Game 6 against Florida without any prior warning because of profane language. I don't understand how they could be that strict then and so lax last night.

Edited by devilsfan26

I had 4 Flyer fans next to my friend and I that were fine. They just cheered their team (which was only annoying because it was the Flyers) and were respectful. I chatted with them a little during intermissions. There was some guy at the back of the section who kept screaming like a moron every time Bryz made a save. But the best was a group of 1 guy and 2 girls a few rows in front of us. The guy was cocky and danced to the crappy techno jersey shore style, but was mostly fine. The 2 girls spent the whole game screaming and trying to talk smack. In the epitome of Philly stereotypes, the Devils are winning 3-2, there's a huge Let's Go Devils chant, and the one girl has her beer bottle in here mouth with both hands up flipping everyone off while the other one was trying to yell 'shut up' at people in other sections. It really made me realize how sad some of these people are.

One of my friends was taken away by security in Game 6 against Florida without any prior warning because of profane language. I don't understand how they could be that strict then and so lax last night.

Simple, they were scared and unprepared. They sent the most clean-cut friendly looking guy to go handle the ruckus up in section 214. There was no way he was going to get ANYTHING settled there.

whatever you people do dont let nyr fans off the hook by comparing them to flyers fans, though. the flyers fans are embracing this stupid toughness act led on by the media, team and myth. theyre all pussies by themselves they only are tough in groups which pretty much sums up philadelphia fans in a nutshell (and even ny fans).

dont get me wrong youll encounter nyr fans of the same type as this series but it doesnt seem like its every other one like the flyers. ranger fans have it in them though trust me. itll come out at the right time and it always does.

I brought my 3 year old to the game last night with heavy apprehension going into it, mainly because of all of the situations described above. I had to bring the kid because the guy I share seasons with couldn't make it and the kid is now 3-0 in these playoffs at games he's attended. Plus he watches every minute of the game and I'm trying to brainwash him into being a Devils fan like dad, instead of a Rangers fan like mom.

We sat next to a group of 3 Flyers fans. Everyone was respectful and exceedingly nice. We had no problems in our section, except for 1 drunk Devils fan yelling at other Devils fans in the section for not having heart or being a real fan because they refused to stand for the entire game like him. While I appreciated the passion the guy had, I didn't appreciate the F bombs being used every other word out of his mouth.

Now, on the way out and walking to the car, we went by a group of 4 drunk Flyers fans. One guy comes up to my son and screams "I f'd your mother." At which point, I pushed him into a tree and his friends pulled him away (He was so drunk, he could barely stand). Amazingly, 2 of the guys in his group came running up to us a block down the road after we walked away and apologized. Some people just take these games too seriously/personally.

This - it's just that 99% of them that give the rest a bad name ;)

This thread just confirms what I have been saying for the past year: the security guards at the Prudential Center are a joke.

Pretty much ... Gateway services aren't the best security.

I used to work at the stadium I know they're so lazy

Sat in section 105, next to older man who was a Flyer fan there with his daughters and few other Flyer fans in the area. Everyone respectful, and really the only annoying person was a Devils fan, but obviously not nearly as bad as the Flyer fans being described by other people.

One drunk kid in the bathroom, but he was more or less harmless.

i sat in 105 who was annoying? (oh sh!t that probably means it was me)

Threads like this make my blood boil. There are few things I hate more than people who can't behave like human beings at a sporting event. No I'm not expecting it to be a library, and I have no problem with having fun, or even getting loud - it's hockey or football or whatever, but keep it clean and keep it civilized. You don't have to ruin someones good time.

Threads like this make my blood boil. There are few things I hate more than people who can't behave like human beings at a sporting event. No I'm not expecting it to be a library, and I have no problem with having fun, or even getting loud - it's hockey or football or whatever, but keep it clean and keep it civilized. You don't have to ruin someones good time.

That's what I always say when people don't knock before entering my room. :giggle:

Edited by Aznjsn

Pretty much ... Gateway services aren't the best security.

I used to work at the stadium I know they're so lazy

I submitted a formal complaint about the tall goofy looking security guard with the bad hair plugs last year. Did not hear a single thing about it.

The gist of my complaint was his lack of professionism and his total lack of caring for his job. I saw him turn a blind eye to things that he should have handled as part of his basic requirements of his job.

I also heard is or at least now a supervisor. Go figure.

I submitted a formal complaint about the tall goofy looking security guard with the bad hair plugs last year. Did not hear a single thing about it.

The gist of my complaint was his lack of professionism and his total lack of caring for his job. I saw him turn a blind eye to things that he should have handled as part of his basic requirements of his job.

I also heard is or at least now a supervisor. Go figure.

I've had issues with him too that guy is a total doucher and a Rags fan at that

The security at the Rock has always sucked. I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but the point is that right after a game someone, literally out of nowhere, sucker punches my friend in the face. Security had initially grabbed the guy, but released him soon after. Security should have been nice and been like hey, you ok, you need a medic to come over. Instead what they said was, oh well, we released the guy, nothing we can do now, so either file a complaint with NPD or gtfo. They treated me and my friend like we were the one's who were causing a problem. It was something as simple as we just wanted them to be nice and act as if they were even somewhat concerned, but they were complete jerks. Tried to talk to the head of security at the time, his name was french sounding, Pierre maybe? Anyways, he was of no help either when we told him that the security guards were jerks and swore at us when we asked a question. I don't get it, because the rest of the arena's staff is, for the most part, very nice.

Edited by ATLL765