158 replies to this topic

#41 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

whatever you people do dont let nyr fans off the hook by comparing them to flyers fans, though. the flyers fans are embracing this stupid toughness act led on by the media, team and myth. theyre all pussies by themselves they only are tough in groups which pretty much sums up philadelphia fans in a nutshell (and even ny fans).

dont get me wrong youll encounter nyr fans of the same type as this series but it doesnt seem like its every other one like the flyers. ranger fans have it in them though trust me. itll come out at the right time and it always does.

#42 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

I brought my 3 year old to the game last night with heavy apprehension going into it, mainly because of all of the situations described above. I had to bring the kid because the guy I share seasons with couldn't make it and the kid is now 3-0 in these playoffs at games he's attended. Plus he watches every minute of the game and I'm trying to brainwash him into being a Devils fan like dad, instead of a Rangers fan like mom.

We sat next to a group of 3 Flyers fans. Everyone was respectful and exceedingly nice. We had no problems in our section, except for 1 drunk Devils fan yelling at other Devils fans in the section for not having heart or being a real fan because they refused to stand for the entire game like him. While I appreciated the passion the guy had, I didn't appreciate the F bombs being used every other word out of his mouth.

Now, on the way out and walking to the car, we went by a group of 4 drunk Flyers fans. One guy comes up to my son and screams "I f'd your mother." At which point, I pushed him into a tree and his friends pulled him away (He was so drunk, he could barely stand). Amazingly, 2 of the guys in his group came running up to us a block down the road after we walked away and apologized. Some people just take these games too seriously/personally.

This - it's just that 99% of them that give the rest a bad name ;)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#43 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

i was in 105 and it seemed pretty quiet to me. I saw a little tiny scuffle in section 6 i think it was directly after the game ended, and also a small fist/choke fight outside, but overall there were not that many flyers fans there.

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#44 gata

gata

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

This thread just confirms what I have been saying for the past year: the security guards at the Prudential Center are a joke.

Pretty much ... Gateway services aren't the best security.
I used to work at the stadium I know they're so lazy

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#45 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

Sat in section 105, next to older man who was a Flyer fan there with his daughters and few other Flyer fans in the area. Everyone respectful, and really the only annoying person was a Devils fan, but obviously not nearly as bad as the Flyer fans being described by other people.

One drunk kid in the bathroom, but he was more or less harmless.

i sat in 105 who was annoying? (oh sh!t that probably means it was me)

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#46 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

Threads like this make my blood boil. There are few things I hate more than people who can't behave like human beings at a sporting event. No I'm not expecting it to be a library, and I have no problem with having fun, or even getting loud - it's hockey or football or whatever, but keep it clean and keep it civilized. You don't have to ruin someones good time.

#47 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

Threads like this make my blood boil. There are few things I hate more than people who can't behave like human beings at a sporting event. No I'm not expecting it to be a library, and I have no problem with having fun, or even getting loud - it's hockey or football or whatever, but keep it clean and keep it civilized. You don't have to ruin someones good time.

That's what I always say when people don't knock before entering my room. :giggle:

Edited by Aznjsn, 04 May 2012 - 11:55 AM.

Put food on my family

#48 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

Pretty much ... Gateway services aren't the best security.
I used to work at the stadium I know they're so lazy

I submitted a formal complaint about the tall goofy looking security guard with the bad hair plugs last year. Did not hear a single thing about it.

The gist of my complaint was his lack of professionism and his total lack of caring for his job. I saw him turn a blind eye to things that he should have handled as part of his basic requirements of his job.

I also heard is or at least now a supervisor. Go figure.

#49 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

I submitted a formal complaint about the tall goofy looking security guard with the bad hair plugs last year. Did not hear a single thing about it.

The gist of my complaint was his lack of professionism and his total lack of caring for his job. I saw him turn a blind eye to things that he should have handled as part of his basic requirements of his job.

I've had issues with him too that guy is a total doucher and a Rags fan at that

#50 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

The security at the Rock has always sucked. I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but the point is that right after a game someone, literally out of nowhere, sucker punches my friend in the face. Security had initially grabbed the guy, but released him soon after. Security should have been nice and been like hey, you ok, you need a medic to come over. Instead what they said was, oh well, we released the guy, nothing we can do now, so either file a complaint with NPD or gtfo. They treated me and my friend like we were the one's who were causing a problem. It was something as simple as we just wanted them to be nice and act as if they were even somewhat concerned, but they were complete jerks. Tried to talk to the head of security at the time, his name was french sounding, Pierre maybe? Anyways, he was of no help either when we told him that the security guards were jerks and swore at us when we asked a question. I don't get it, because the rest of the arena's staff is, for the most part, very nice.

Edited by ATLL765, 04 May 2012 - 01:23 PM.

#51 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

I've had issues with him too that guy is a total doucher and a Rags fan at that

To top that off he once bragged to my gf and I that he only got that job because he is good friends with brodeur.

#52 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

The security at the Rock has always sucked. I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but the point is that right after a game someone, literally out of nowhere, sucker punches my friend in the face. Security had initially grabbed the guy, but released him soon after. Security should have been nice and been like hey, you ok, you need a medic to come over. Instead what they said was, oh well, we released the guy, nothing we can do now, so either file a complaint with NPD or gtfo. They treated me and my friend like we were the one's who were causing a problem. It was something as simple as we just wanted them to be nice and act as if they were even somewhat concerned, but they were complete jerks. Tried to talk to the head of security at the time, his name was french sounding, Pierre maybe? Anyways, he was of no help either when we told him that the security guards were jerks and swore at us when we asked a question. I don't get it, because the rest of the arena's staff is, for the most part, very nice.

Thing is that they are separate from the rest of the arena staff.

The security at the rock is a huge joke. They are totally reactionary, unprofessional and downright lazy.

#53 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

Thing is that they are separate from the rest of the arena staff.

The security at the rock is a huge joke. They are totally reactionary, unprofessional and downright lazy.

It was retarded because we didn't act like jerks towards them, we just asked a couple questions and it was as if they got pissed that we hadn't left yet, so they then became hostile. One guy got really upset when I asked him why he was treating us the way he was when we hadn't done anything wrong and then he told me I had no business even being there because it was my friend who had the problem. I was like dude, wtf. I came to at least 25-30 games that year and was not happy that after spending that kind of money somewhere, I was getting treated the way my friend and I were.

#54 LaCava83

LaCava83

Rookie Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

ressurecting an oldie but goodie from their run to the cup finals in 2010... [ http://www.pegasusne...our-flyers-fan/ ]

Posted Image

http://www.pegasusne...our-flyers-fan/

#55 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

Film everything you see these animals getting away with and the lack of security response and send it to mgmt@newjerseydevils.com. Threaten to go to the media with it.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#56 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Film everything you see these animals getting away with and the lack of security response and send it to mgmt@newjerseydevils.com. Threaten to go to the media with it.

good idea. a full video of flyers fans showcasing their class would be great.

in the regular season in the lower bowl after the devils won flyer fans came walking up and in front of kids and all just gave the finger both hands to everyone. very classy. would of liked to shove his face into the wall.

#57 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

Oh that's a skirt on Pronger. At first I thought he was vajazzled.

I'm here for the party

#58 mackchi

mackchi

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

whatever you people do dont let nyr fans off the hook by comparing them to flyers fans, though. the flyers fans are embracing this stupid toughness act led on by the media, team and myth. theyre all pussies by themselves they only are tough in groups which pretty much sums up philadelphia fans in a nutshell (and even ny fans).

dont get me wrong youll encounter nyr fans of the same type as this series but it doesnt seem like its every other one like the flyers. ranger fans have it in them though trust me. itll come out at the right time and it always does.

Where is the video posted?
LET'S GO DEVILS!

#59 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Oh that's a skirt on Pronger. At first I thought he was vajazzled.

Hiy-oooooo!

Edited by ATLL765, 04 May 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#60 justintime2989

justintime2989

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

you talking about the security guy who does 232/233? usally has spiky hair.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users