158 replies to this topic

#141 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

And the worst part is that we have many families attending our games so all of these little kids are exposed to these shenanigans.

Not that it's right or anything, but as soon as you knew that we were gonna play the Flyers, it should be an automatic that unless you're down low, it's a no kids zone. Unfortunately, this behavior is to be expected from Philthy fans, so bringing a kid should be done at your own risk.

#142 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,259 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

And the worst part is that we have many families attending our games so all of these little kids are exposed to these shenanigans.

As much as I hate having kids see this crap, it is unfortunately part of the stadium/arena experience these days and have been for some time.

Notice you never see when doing shots of the crowd on ESPN that they do not focus on the majority of fans that are sitting and watching and cheering but instead focus on a few drunken idiots and paint them as the "true die-hards." Unfortuante but that's just how it goes.

#143 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,721 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

That brawl happened in 120 and unfortunately a stampede of people fell down the rows, it was very dangerous, I was holding up two guys on my shoulders because they couldn't get up. Section 120 is mostly full of Season Ticket Holders (I am one) so I knew the guys behind me and it is a shame that they almost got injured. I held the guy up for a good minute until everybody got off of one another. They could of broken their legs or hit their heads on the seats below them.

Before game 3...even before the WARMUPS a drunk flyer fan shoved me out of the way when I was walking to my seat. I did not even say a word or even look at the guy, all I saw was orange. It is very scary to be touched by these lowlifes who punch, push, stab, and puke on people.

So far 'normal' Flyers fans have been sitting near me but even they are very strange. Flyer fans are not human.

I brought up this topic on Flyers hfboards and it is disgusting that they think this is normal behavior. They say every fanbase have people like that...they do not understand that it is wrong to bring these kind of antics from their own arena to another arena. I never have any problems when a ton of Ranger, Canadien, Penguin, or Leaf fans invade our arena. But to become violent in another teams arena is just disgusting. They think it is normal and that's where the problem emerges from.

I can't stand a lot of Ranger fans, but for the most part, though they may repeat a lot of the same tired jokes and are just annoying in general, I rarely see them trying to start fights with anyone. Ditto other fanbases. Almost every time I see a Devils-Flyers game, the fists start flying somewhere (usually multiple somewheres)...and it happens enough that when the Flyers are in the building, it's not a shock when the fights start up.

I don't get it at all. And it's the number of sucker-punches that are even more aggravating...like punching someone who's not expecting it is somehow makes Flyer fans that much tougher. No, not all Flyer fans act like that, but there's more than enough of 'em that do.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#144 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

I can't stand a lot of Ranger fans, but for the most part, though they may repeat a lot of the same tired jokes and are just annoying in general, I rarely see them trying to start fights with anyone. Ditto other fanbases. Almost every time I see a Devils-Flyers game, the fists start flying somewhere (usually multiple somewheres)...and it happens enough that when the Flyers are in the building, it's not a shock when the fights start up.

I don't get it at all. And it's the number of sucker-punches that are even more aggravating...like punching someone who's not expecting it is somehow makes Flyer fans that much tougher. No, not all Flyer fans act like that, but there's more than enough of 'em that do.

Like I said, I grew up as an STH (still to this day with my father) for the NY Jets and I SAW IT ALL and HEARD IT ALL from a very young age. I am now a young professional and opted to take my girlfriend to the game without really giving it too much thought because she always comes with me to Jets, Devils, Yankees, Villanova etc. games and I will definitely NEVER bring her to another Devil/Flyer game, nor will I really jump at the opportunity. I brought her to the 2010 Flyers/Devils series and we really had no problems whatsoever, this was a unique situation and one which will change my perspective on attending these sporting events in general.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#145 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

This will all be nothing compared to playing the rags next rd (if we make it).

#146 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

This will all be nothing compared to playing the rags next rd (if we make it).

After seeing what I saw Sunday night, I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT.

Flyer fans are the lowest level of the scum on this Earth.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#147 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

After seeing what I saw Sunday night, I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT.

Flyer fans are the lowest level of the scum on this Earth.

Agreed. Ranger fans are just annoying but they are never this violent.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#148 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

Like I said, I grew up as an STH (still to this day with my father) for the NY Jets and I SAW IT ALL and HEARD IT ALL from a very young age. I am now a young professional and opted to take my girlfriend to the game without really giving it too much thought because she always comes with me to Jets, Devils, Yankees, Villanova etc. games and I will definitely NEVER bring her to another Devil/Flyer game, nor will I really jump at the opportunity. I brought her to the 2010 Flyers/Devils series and we really had no problems whatsoever, this was a unique situation and one which will change my perspective on attending these sporting events in general.

yep went to the home opener this season and after that, not subjecting my GF to Flyer fan sh!t again. It was really bad. I'm not normally one to want to fight someone, but I was damn close to it that game. Really trying to stay away from Rangers or Flyers matches because I don't want to subject her or myself to that crap. If one of them were to start sh!t and call her something I'd probably lose it. Not worth getting bounced from the arena.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#149 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

I wanna crack them alll

fvck them

Posted Image

#150 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

Agreed. Ranger fans are just annoying but they are never this violent.

I remember many a fight during any Devils-Rangers game in the 200 level at the CAA. It really does seem like it has calmed down quite a bit since we moved to Newark, maybe because nobody wants to spend a minute in a Newark jail cell for a stupid fight at a hockey game.
Posted Image

#151 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

Just a simple but effective tactic I've learned... next time get the usher's name and constantly repeat it. "What's your name?" "Jane." "Ok Jane, there are two drunk Flyers fans looking to start trouble down there. It's just a matter of time, Jane. They're drunk and ready to fight. I'd really appreciate it if you can keep an eye on them for me, Jane." I know it sounds corny and awkward but it makes the person feel more accountable. The other upside is if she doesn't do anything, you know her name when you complain to the Devils.
Posted Image

#152 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:09 PM

i hate to say it but complaining probably wont do dick anyway. flyers fans are dirts and thats the way it is

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#153 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

....and here are the Philly Sixers fans cheering Noah on Chicago Bulls injury.....

My link
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#154 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

Can you believe this trash?
My link
:rofl:
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#155 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,892 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

Can you believe this trash?
My link
:rofl:

It's biggest sin is that the guy has absolutely zero idea what he's talking about. First, I bet you he doesn't have a clue what the neutral zone trap is, and if he did, he would probably realize that every team uses some form of it at various times in the game.

Also, except when they had leads, the Devils did not trap in the series. We also averaged close four goals a game, which is well above the regular season average. I suppose what this guy means by exciting is giving the other team a chance.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#156 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,472 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

exactly what I was thinking Daniel -- this guy doesn't even know how to play hockey. I always wonder what these guys see when they watch a game. Had he written there is no place for defense in hockey I think I'd see his point. I'd disagree, but to each his own. Seriously the one thing that marie their Pens series was the lack of defense.

However I did agree with the Flyers assessment of how the Rags have played this season (when they flipped out that one game). Shot blocking is nonsense when EVERYONE is doing it. It's cool when a few guys are but the entire team? That's sort of weird. It's like the Queen said you guys get everything you can and I can cover what gets by you. These shot blockers need to be turned into effective screens. But you can't do that on the fly - it so stinks. But what the heck it's a fun challenge.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 16 May 2012 - 01:36 PM.

I'm here for the party

#157 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

devils play a very boring offensive zone trap where they won't let the other team ever have possession. this really pisses off the other team and they tend to have nothing better to do but whine about it.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#158 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

Why is this thread still up? Flyers fans should have died about a week and a half ago. Haha I dont wanna hear sh!t about any flyer fan until next year

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#159 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

Hmmmmn, the Philly fans have to root for the rags because WE are the ones playing the boring trap style of hockey!!
how do people like that idiot have a job and get paid for writing crap like that ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users