245 replies to this topic

#201 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:37 AM

our "bad ice" and <NBC>Devils sitting back playing a modified 1-2-2 TRAP</NBC>:rolleyes:

well they kinda were.

STILL so FVCKING MAD i missed this game

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#202 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:01 AM

They did indeed trap in the third, but hey, it worked.

And in Pierre's defense (...did I really just say that?), every time he mentioned bad ice, he did qualify it by saying it was warm in the building because of all of the fans, and that there had been Red Hot Chili Pepper shows the two nights prior, and it's the price you pay for having a busy building.

Seriously, he must have mentioned RHCP at least three times. Methinks Pierre's a fan. Interestingly, no mention of Bruce playing the night before the first RHCP show.

I heard Kenny Albert mention the Bruce performance haha
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#203 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

hell yes!!!! what a win!!

Unfortunately i had to work tonight. ive watched all the videos i can and i am THRILLED!!

So did we trap in the 3rd or not? who cares honestly we shouldn't be criticized for it.

GOOD WIN BOYS!!

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#204 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:05 AM

Just watching the replays... as a goalie I'm enjoying the schadenfreude aspect of Bryz's reactions after he's been absolutely hung out to dry by his D on the Zid and Zub goals. The Zubrus goal especially... His body language says, "are you f'ing serious guys? come on..."

Zid's hockey sense on his goal was unreal... I think most defensemen retreat to the blue line there, but he realized he was covered and had the opportunity to drive the net.
Posted Image

#205 Dev.iL87

Dev.iL87

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:25 AM

What a beautiful morning after great game...I still cant stop thinking about it, because it was really great effort by all guys, no errors and tactically well executed 3rd period. Absolutelly fantastic, dominant victory :hail:

Oh and from what I saw at stream the atmosphere at the rock was awesome guys! :clap2:

:gd:

believe-ll.jpg

#206 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

Devs still winning against the Flyers...
Sarko being crushed...

I'm happy..

#207 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

BTW, it's gotten lost in the shuffle...but the Devils have now won four straight in the Rock. Pretty significant.

Oh, and according to ESPN's Devils' schedule page, Frazee was the Devils' top performer last night.

EDIT: ESPN just fixed it...now it's Zubrus.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 07 May 2012 - 06:21 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#208 munichdevil

munichdevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:24 AM

Frazee was the Devils' top performer last night.

You have to admit, though, that Frazee didn't make a single mistake last night. :rolleyes:

#209 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:25 AM

Love this team, Lets Go Devils!

got this weird feeling that the 2 teams competing for the Kovalchuck Kontract may be competing for all the marbles in June.
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#210 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

Yes they were. They got minimal pressure but until the PP it was 1-2-2 and they were standing still at times. Gotta go after them some more.

I had no complaints about their third period play. It felt like were in control the entire time. That one-goal lead felt safe to me, which says a lot about how they've played this series.

And you had to expect the Flyers to push back a little and start getting some more shots on goal...I didn't think they were going to get outshot 48-18, which is what the pace was after two periods.

Devils played about as close to a perfect game as could be expected, even though they fell behind 2-0...guess I'm just not in the mood to pick apart a game that was a 9 and say, "Yeah, but it should've been a 10, had they only done THIS." It just feels like some segments of this fanbase are just never happy and always have the answers, even after a terrific game like last night's.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#211 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:50 AM

Good-luck charm post after every win (gotta keep it up, fellas)...

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#212 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:01 AM

Love this team, Lets Go Devils!

got this weird feeling that the 2 teams competing for the Kovalchuck Kontract may be competing for all the marbles in June.

Could argue that maybe the same two teams are now competing for Parise's deal, though I have no idea what LA's cap situation is, now that Carter's and Richards' deals are on their books.

#30 FOREVER!

#213 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

I'm having the time of my life. Love these games.
It's the whiskey talking.

#214 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

Could argue that maybe the same two teams are now competing for Parise's deal, though I have no idea what LA's cap situation is, now that Carter's and Richards' deals are on their books.

I have to think that this magical run is going to have a big impact on Zach's decision. We are 1 game shy of the ECF...
Kovy is set to be here for awhile. We have other young guns like Henrique...Zach wants to win a Cup
I know think he will stay as long as the Devils offer is somewhat close to the others he will receive

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#215 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

Tim Sestito actually played when it seemed idiotic. Tim Sestito played WELL. Tim Sestito damn near killed someone. Something's going on here.

#216 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

They've got a solid $7.8 million coming off of the books this summer in Dustin Penner and Jarret Stoll, according to cap geek. So I guess that'd put them right up there among the contenders.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#217 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

They've got a solid $7.8 million coming off of the books this summer in Dustin Penner and Jarret Stoll, according to cap geek. So I guess that'd put them right up there among the contenders.

That money has to go to jonathan quick the year after - la has no shot at parise.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#218 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

That money has to go to jonathan quick the year after - la has no shot at parise.

Ah, I didn't scroll down that far, you're right. I thought they'd already locked him up long term as well for some reason. He's definitely earned a huge contract with this postseason, that's for sure.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#219 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

Ah, I didn't scroll down that far, you're right. I thought they'd already locked him up long term as well for some reason. He's definitely earned a huge contract with this postseason, that's for sure.

That's good...one less team bidding for his services, though if the money or the length gets crazy, Devils should let him walk.

#30 FOREVER!

#220 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

It's a beautiful morning :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users