245 replies to this topic

#241 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

If/when he gets healthy he IS NOT going to play unless someone gets injured. No need for us to tinker with the lineup right now. We have 4 strong lines that are performing extremely well....

josefson deserves his spot in the lineup back simply becuase the devils are a better team with him. gionta did an outstanding job and did everything that was asked of him but the devils are a better team with josefson. he can also move up to other lines something gionta can not do.

#242 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

josefson deserves his spot in the lineup back simply becuase the devils are a better team with him. gionta did an outstanding job and did everything that was asked of him but the devils are a better team with josefson. he can also move up to other lines something gionta can not do.

i would not go that far... if he does even get to 100%, i really don't think itd be worth messing with our lineup by adding a guy who didn't even do that much during the season when he was healthy... especially when we are playing as well as we are

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#243 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

i would not go that far... if he does even get to 100%, i really don't think itd be worth messing with our lineup by adding a guy who didn't even do that much during the season when he was healthy... especially when we are playing as well as we are

taking a player off the 4th line thats a career minor leaguer who overachieved for a stint will not disrupt things in place of a versitile NHL caliber player.

youre also forgetting jj was playing well when he got injured and started to contibute in both ends. jj's arrival to the 4th line finally balanced the lineup.

the only problem is getting back in game shape and shaking off the rust.

#244 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

taking a player off the 4th line thats a career minor leaguer who overachieved for a stint will not disrupt things in place of a versitile NHL caliber player.

youre also forgetting jj was playing well when he got injured and started to contibute in both ends. jj's arrival to the 4th line finally balanced the lineup.

speak for yourself but im content with having Gionta on that line because he's a spark that every 4th line needs. im perfectly fine with leaving this the way it is instead of hoping that JJ is in good shape and can make a better impact

#245 pleasepassthesoup

pleasepassthesoup

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

The problem is that he has to shake off the rust by playing in critical playoff games. While a healthy JJ is obviously better than Gionta, the guy's had his wrist in a cast for 5 weeks which means he's lost strength and hasnt played much competitive hockey all season.

#246 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

The problem is that he has to shake off the rust by playing in critical playoff games. While a healthy JJ is obviously better than Gionta, the guy's had his wrist in a cast for 5 weeks which means he's lost strength and hasnt played much competitive hockey all season.

exactly.. and if we weren't playing great hockey at the moment, then maybe it'd be worth the risk.. but i just dont see the need for it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users