59 replies to this topic

#21 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

I dont know if the Flyers will rally around this. They really haven't been dominating for periods since game 1. Since than we have gotten not one, not two, but three wins.

Devils just have to keep doing their thing, forechecking hard, shooting, and not getting into post whistle stuff. We saw what happened last game, Giroux got off his game and so did Hartnell and it hurt them.

LETS GO DEVILS!

#22 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Stupid work computer never plays nhl.com videos. How long till the Shanny explanation makes it to YouTube?
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#23 lilgriffey84

lilgriffey84

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

http://ca.sports.yah...6E0a49OB2l7vLYF

dont know how much of it is true. Giroux was heard to have said the team is panicking and lost confidence.......Time for the devils to finish this off

#24 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

got to wonder if his little temper tantrum on that shift played a part in it being it was viewed he acted with abandon targeting zubrus.

:cheers:

#25 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

wow im surprised, thats always good to see

but listen, we HAVE GOT to close this series out tomorrow, we have to. I do not want to deal with a storyline that includes Giroux returning with some fire.

Come on boys, capitalize on this and dont let up. lets fvcking take it to em

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#26 rf1583

rf1583

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

:cheers:

Yeah in the video shanny basically takes his whole shift into consideration including him turning his back to the play to complain to the ref after fayne's legal hit. He then went after zubrus and "violently" chopped at his stick and then drive his shoulder up to make contact with his head.

#27 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=176718

I like how Shanny explains that they took the full context of the play into consideration, basically that Giroux was acting like a little baby for not getting a call he wanted, and took his frustration out of Zubies head.

I think his behavior during the whole shift cleared up any question about intent.

But I agree they need to end this tomorrow night. Keep the throttle down and move on to the next round.
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#28 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

CBS Sports headline on their front page:

Flyers' Giroux gets banned for Game 5 vs. Capitals

:giggle:

#29 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/claude-giroux-philadelphias-leading-scorer-suspended-game-5-192731202--nhl.html;_ylt=ApBxxJ7Uq36H_6E0a49OB2l7vLYF

dont know how much of it is true. Giroux was heard to have said the team is panicking and lost confidence.......Time for the devils to finish this off

trying to get the devils to be overconfident. If Flyers win game 5 thats dangerous. It WILL give them some confidence and momentum, with a fired up Giroux = not good
Posted Image

#30 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

I was hoping that at the end of the Shanny video, Rolston would appear and wink.
It's the whiskey talking.

#31 Scoopscj

Scoopscj

Rookie Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

So basically he's suspended for the rest of the playoffs. :boogie:

#32 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

Yeah in the video shanny basically takes his whole shift into consideration including him turning his back to the play to complain to the ref after fayne's legal hit.

He was complaining about Brodeur playing the puck outside of the trapezoid.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#33 gata

gata

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

adieu giroux .... LMAOOOO!

Can't Wait till GAME 5

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Check this out....Haters Gonna Hate

#35 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

We have to win this game. I'm really anxious about this one.

#36 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

Inconceivable

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#37 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,308 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

Check this out....Haters Gonna Hate

Oh man that's great.

#38 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

People need to stop comparing this to the Devils rallying around Kovy's absence in game 2. The Devils took a player who was ineffective due to injury out of the lineup and actually had a better team on the ice in game 2 than the version that was there in game 1. The Flyers are losing a top player and replacing him with a guy who wasn't previously playing.

I get what you're saying, but you can't discount the fact that the Flyers are looking for anything to latch onto right now. This may give them more incentive in Game 5 to simplify their game, play tight D, and counter our mistakes. Or they could fall apart completely and get blown out in Game 5. But it definitely gives them something to try and rally around with the mantra that, if they win on Tuesday in Philly, we get Giroux back in Game 6 and would be 1 road win away from returning for a Game 7 in their building.

Obviously, the suspension is a good thing for the Devils, but they need to show that killer instinct and keep pressuring the puck on the forecheck and clogging the passing lanes through the neutral zone. They can't take this team lightly just because they don't have Giroux (although according to ESPN a week ago, he's the best player in hockey right now).
Posted Image

#39 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

The important thing is that DeBoer and the Devils are well aware of the threat of the Flyers rallying around a lost teammate:

https://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice/status/199578705788538880

Pete DeBoer warned that if Giroux was suspended, "Teams in that situation in that situation have a tendency to rise to the occasion.”

I think the Devils will do their best to try and close out the series ASAP.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#40 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

Sounds like he got the suspension because of what Tri was saying earlier about Zubrus's head not changing position.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users