59 replies to this topic

#41 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

The Devils have shown they can play a full 60 minutes and beyond. Let's see whether they can do that in an entire series.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#42 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

Check this out....Haters Gonna Hate

Hilarious. It's amazing how everyone's an internet tough guy that wants to beat Shanny up over this, give his family herpes, and wish he and his children die in a fire. Stay classy Philly.
Posted Image

#43 pleasepassthesoup

pleasepassthesoup

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

I get what you're saying, but you can't discount the fact that the Flyers are looking for anything to latch onto right now. This may give them more incentive in Game 5 to simplify their game, play tight D, and counter our mistakes. Or they could fall apart completely and get blown out in Game 5. But it definitely gives them something to try and rally around with the mantra that, if they win on Tuesday in Philly, we get Giroux back in Game 6 and would be 1 road win away from returning for a Game 7 in their building.

Obviously, the suspension is a good thing for the Devils, but they need to show that killer instinct and keep pressuring the puck on the forecheck and clogging the passing lanes through the neutral zone. They can't take this team lightly just because they don't have Giroux (although according to ESPN a week ago, he's the best player in hockey right now).

I definitely agree that Philly could take a step back and play better fundamental hockey because they are without their best player. I just don't think it's comparable to the Kovy situation.

#44 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

Shanahan did a good job showing multiple angles, along with the preposition of Giroux's play prior.

It was a vengeance hit.

#45 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

I think its digusting that these internet tough guys threaten people and their families online. Its a sport. It is not life and death

#46 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

I think its digusting that these internet tough guys threaten people and their families online. Its a sport. It is not life and death

To fans that haven't seen their team win a cup in 30+ years it is...so here's to hoping its another Flyers death :cheers:

Edited by hit the post, 07 May 2012 - 04:39 PM.

And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#47 JerseysFinest732

JerseysFinest732

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

A tad bit surprised that G was suspended. I'm hoping that the Flyers don't rally because of this, similar to what the Devils did in game 2 when Kovy was injured. On paper it looks great for us, LGD!!

#48 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

What a bunch of whiners.
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#49 socbrian

socbrian

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

Does anyone have game 4 recorded? I heard that giroux was complaining about Marty playing the puck out of the trapezoid. Not what NBC was saying. The legal hit by fayne.

#50 lilgriffey84

lilgriffey84

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

To me if the devils play the game the way they have for the last three games there is nothong philly can do about it. It seems by the post game interviews that the flyers really have no answer to what the devils are doing. Look completely lost. This devils is a confident group right now. I do not see a let down in game 5. Just keep doing what they are doing

#51 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

"You mad br0?"
Posted Image

815631765.gif

#52 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

No way the Flyers become better from this.. They were demoralized BEFORE their best player was taken out of tomorrows game

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#53 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

No way the Flyers become better from this.. They were demoralized BEFORE their best player was taken out of tomorrows game

This!

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#54 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Only way it happens is if they win. But if we can't beat them without Giroux when they haven't been able to stop us for 3 straight games WITH him, we don't deserve to win the series.

Though the cardiac Devils may very well lose, then bounce back, which would also be impressive.

Edited by mouse, 07 May 2012 - 08:59 PM.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#55 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

really just want to end this one tomorrow. i can't think of a better situation than knocking them out of the playoffs, in their own building, while their star player is suspended. lets just get it done!
LET'S GO DEVILS

#56 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

Only way it happens is if they win. But if we can't beat them without Giroux when they haven't been able to stop us for 3 straight games WITH him, we don't deserve to win the series.

Though the cardiac Devils may very well lose, then bounce back, which would also be impressive.

Don't be ridiculous...the Flyers couldn't beat us without Kovy either. Sometimes one-off results happen.

I think it's about 50-50 to win tomorrow and maybe 90-10 to do it in Game 6, but it would be ideal to finish it off asap since the Flyers have a lot of people still around that were part of a 3-0 comeback.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#57 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

Don't be ridiculous...the Flyers couldn't beat us without Kovy either. Sometimes one-off results happen.

I would normally agree, but considering we're skating circles around them (game 3 wasn't as close as the score, just like game 1 wasn't, but in the Flyers favor), and they just lost their best player, we need to go for the kill, and if we don't get it, I'm inclined to assume we fvcked up.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#58 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

Just don't give away the game tomorrow...you can't afford to punt one when up 3-1. The Flyers punted one in 2000 and we got back in the series because of it. Make them work for it, at this point I don't think they beat us playing at our best three times in a row.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#59 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

If the Flyers come through this, it will say a lot about their character. Devils need to keep on playing the way they are. I really want our boys to prove themselves mentally stronger than Philly

Edited by Pepperkorn, 08 May 2012 - 07:42 AM.

I'm here for the party

#60 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

Just don't give away the game tomorrow...you can't afford to punt one when up 3-1. The Flyers punted one in 2000 and we got back in the series because of it. Make them work for it, at this point I don't think they beat us playing at our best three times in a row.

Exactly. All the teams in this year's playoffs are so evenly matched, anything can happen game to game and lucky bounces can change a series. Hell, even when we dominate the Flyers, we only win by 1 or 2 goals (with an EN). If the Devils keep playing the way they have this entire series, we shouldn't have any problems. I just worry about a little bit of a let-up tonight which can give the Flyers an opening to get back into this series.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users